Babymonster "forever" chart debut

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Spotify debut>>>>>

I doubt it, im thinking they gonna get one third of the number pf streams during sheesh debut.

the playlist reach is abysmal

External Content x.com

• Its still early and Korean charts are irrelevant. Look at Twice, the #1 active gg, and they don't chart in
    Korea.

Looks like the only groups can comfortably chart every releases on Spotify is aespa and Le Sserafim. What are the chances that everyone started under-floppin because K-pop stans stopped streaming after HybexAdor scandal on Spotify. What happened to Babymonster after Sheesh? What happened to KOL after millions of hit tweets about Sticky on X? Gidle comeback is soon, let's see if they follow the pattern.

I expect Rando's great threads about every girl group's global performances.

:meme-mmm-tea:

Spotify, Touring>>>Korean charts because the uls are flop nowadays. Fast hits, but all ends up losing its craze within months.

;judgingpepe: :pepe-shame:

• KIOF and BM both had only 9 hours of tracking for Spotify. No one is making the global chart with only 9 hours. Full 24 hours result will be out tomorrow and I am confident both of them will debut.

• Im just surprised how much better KIOFs song is charting than baemon on melon. Sticky is decent but this was a really good release from baemon imo and I expected it to be doing better. But of course it will grow with promotion.

• What happened to KOL after millions of hit tweets about Sticky on X?

I think KIOF doing just fine.

External Content x.com

• I think it's time to wake up to the harsh reality. Koreans are bored with YG.

I feel bad for the girls, because Yang wasting their talent to be another 2NE1 and BP, especially with Chiquita and Ahyeon.

If YG don't hire real writers and producers, and try to do something different, not just copying himself, he could end their career faster than a speeding bullet.

KIOF's song was average, but the new Babymon track was all over the place, with really good and really bad parts.

I moved on from Teddy as well, but at least he delivered average songs consistently.

• Looks like the only groups can comfortably chart every releases on Spotify is aespa and Le Sserafim. What are the chances that everyone started under-floppin because K-pop stans stopped streaming after HybexAdor scandal on Spotify. What happened to Babymonster after Sheesh? What happened to KOL after millions of hit tweets about Sticky on X? Gidle comeback is soon, let's see if they follow the pattern.

Spotify is discovery and playlisted to hell, and that's paid for by the biggest labels, and the threshold has also gone up.

And Aespa struggled only 2-3 comebacks ago (Spicy was one day?) so it's not like they've not had problems before.

I think someone pointed out that IVE struggled to get to Spotify but sold out their Arena Tour, Idle are doing an Arena tour and their Asian venues on sale are absolute over burdened with demand. Something like over 30k for their Hong Kong Stop.

Spotify just is these days just a yardstick to the modern payola of playlisting and discovery. It doesn't provide useful data anymore.

• dont assume things yet but it doesnt matter its all about their music and like that was amazing and forever is good too so thats what matters

• dont assume things yet but it doesnt matter its all about their music and like that was amazing and forever is good too so thats what matters

Yes, "Like That" is good, just like "Dream" and "Stuck in the Middle", but "Forever" is average at best. This song has no identity. It's better than "Batter Up" and "Sheesh", but still.

Also, I think we can already assume things, because none of their title tracks were a massive hit in Korea.

For me, it doesn't matter if a song is hit or not if I like it, but it's clear for me that Koreans moved on from YG a long time ago, even before BM.

• 3rd gen groups can chart too twice last song can able to debut in Spotify 200 and blackpink can definitely do that too and if red Velvet came with song like pyscho they too able to chart in Spotify and in 4th gen new jeans can chart in Spotify with or without playlisting so it's definitely not asepa and lesserarifm.

• Hey they debuted higher than my nugu faves

External Content x.com

• 'Sticky' by @KISSOFLIFE_S2 debuts at #43 on MelOn 24Hits.

External Content x.com

• Yes, "Like That" is good, just like "Dream" and "Stuck in the Middle", but "Forever" is average at best. This song has no identity. It's better than "Batter Up" and "Sheesh", but still.

Also, I think we can already assume things, because none of their title tracks were a massive hit in Korea.

For me, it doesn't matter if a song is hit or not if I like it, but it's clear for me that Koreans moved on from YG a long time ago, even before BM.

that ur subjective opnion ofc sheesh was top 10 they are clearly still there

• that ur subjective opnion ofc sheesh was top 10 they are clearly still there

I meant, compared to other YG charts. It took them a long time to be in the TOP10. Honestly, I like that BM has a slower start, but I'm not sure YG like it as well. If he sees this, he'll think, he has to do the same old trendy music, not something different and fresh. Also, I don't think they have a vocal heavy song yet. That's my biggest disappointment so far.

• a proof that sheesh was very likely mostly sajaegi. and of course yg has thai bot farms too.

watching them sajaegi/payola that atrocity of a song over day6 was one of the worst thing that had happened in kpop this year :facepalm:.

all smoke this group. except maybe some yg stans following them.

• a proof that sheesh was very likely mostly sajaegi. and of course yg has thai bot farms too.

watching them sajaegi/payola that atrocity of a song over day6 was one of the worst thing that had happened in kpop this year :facepalm:.

all smoke this group. except maybe some yg stan following them.

I don't think It was Sajaegi. Most likely Sheesh charted well not because Baemon's brand name is strong, but because they were the right group promoting at the right time and their skills gave them good press, so people checked their song out.

This is not a bad thing by any means, just show they will have to work on the group's branding to catch public's attention without having to depend on external factors.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I don't think It was Sajaegi. Most likely Sheesh charted well not because Baemon's brand name is strong, but because they were the right group promoting at the right time and their skills gave them good press, so people checked their song out.

This is not a bad thing by any means, just show they will have to work on the group's branding to catch public's attention without having to depend on external factors.

Nah, there was nothing organic about that atrocity of a song to over chart day6. Sorry.

There was and still is zero hype about that group as well.

And this charting confirms my claims.

Also i predicted that with the right song, KOL would blow up and probably become the 5th gens Sistar/G Idle. And i think they're on their way.

LSF had vocal scandal during that period, remember, many groups were benefiting from it left and right. YG made sure to market them as the best singing girl group in the scene too, even promoting them singing with hand mic on music shows, which boosted Sheesh on charts. If it was due to their brand power, they would have charted better initially with Forever. Look at KOL, Midas Touch didn't hit as high as Sheesh, but Sticky ended up in a better placement than Forever. YG does payola on YT. :/

• It's funny, I like Babymonter's comeback better than Kiss of Life and both were released at the same time but somehow Kiss of Life is charting better. Maybe if Babymonster released this in winter it would do better?

KOL just have more fans in Korea.

I dont think its even all over the place like you people are overreacting.

• Well Spotify numbers are out for KOL/BM and they got like 200k/300k each with 9 hours tracking. We shall see tomorrow.

You are right.

372,319 vs. 208,680 (or 303,685 if we do both KOL songs)

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• KOL just have more fans in Korea.

I dont think its even all over the place like you people are overreacting.

It's KIOF, not KOL. And I don't think they have more fans in Korean than Babymon.

Sadly, FOREVER is all over the place, that's not overreacting. The rap parts are ruins the songs, not only because the lyrics are cringe, but the beat is different, and it changes the whole dynamic is as well. Not everyone can mix a dance pop with a rap. It's not that easy.

• My theory is that 4th gen has peaked, the MHJ/Hybe scandal might have soured casual listeners from Kpop in general. The fact that a variety show star somehow could upend the Supernova juggernaut is shocking, i dont care how popular she is, it's still shocking.

Tokkis and Hybe stans are duking it out right now but the harsh reality is that we could all be fighting while the Titanic sinks below us, much like how Blinks and Army were fighting tooth and nail for a rusted, broken 3rd gen crown while 4th gen was rising.

If Idle underperforms even in a low UL environment (it's the height of summer and only like 375k UL is need to earn #1), that will be even more proof of my theory.

• I wonder where it went wrong with this group? Talent, visuals and sure the debut and follow up weren't that great, but like that and forever were a step up, so

They are not BlackPink.

its still top 25 sheesh wheres the saejagi in longevity

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!