What was organic about BLACKPINK's initial success and rise in popularity in the states? ***PLEASE VOTE***

• Do you consider BLACKPINK's success... organic? 82

1. No, they had big company privilege and used it heavily (43) 52%
    2. Yes, it was all organic and natural (39) 48%

Can some Blinks explain this to me? Perhaps there is something I'm missing, because I keep seeing AKP Blinks talking about organics like we're in Whole Foods.

And if I look at the strict definition of what an organic item is, BLACKPINK isn't exactly the first name that would come to mind. Actually, they just wouldn't come to mind at all.

Did I imagine YG intentionally marketing his next girl group as the next 2NE1 as far back as 2012? Was there not massive anticipation for BP entirely due to their being the next YG girl group to debut after 2NE1 took the world on in 2nd gen? Is YG run by a man who values integrity and fair play suddenly?

Someone explain to me plainly.

• Yama, I'm sure you must be mad that NJ path isn't looking good right now and their numbers aren't reaching BP numbers anymore, but calm down, it's just one cb in the middle of a huge fight. Have faith, don't lose your sleep over it! :violinist-pepe:

Nobody denies BP privilege the same privilege every 3rd and 4th gen has if they are from the big4 if we still count YGE as a big4... Good luck trying to find peace in this cb. :pepe-peaking:

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MHJ aka The Korean Karen: Watching brainless kids going crazy calling themselves fans

• idk if it's only from my lap top pics don't get shown but it is an old post maybe that's why

anyway op here's a proof from koreans that yg been media playing like dirty people they are

they been lying and convincing their idols are more talented just bc they're ugly compared to sm even i used to believe that. so bp success is not 100% organic

just replace @ with a in p@nn

and 0 with o in bl0gspot

https://p @nn-choa.bl0gspot.com/2019/06/enter-talk-yg-entertainment-media-play.html

or just search on google nvm just click lmao

[enter-talk] YG ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA PLAY HISTORY

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MHJ aka The Korean Karen: Watching brainless kids going crazy calling themselves fans

Did she lie?

• anticipation doesnt ttranslate to streams tho

bp rise in the usa was gradual, it started with aiiyl charting in bubbling

being of yg help more in korean and sea than anywhere (as u can see from baemon debut) bc yg acts dont really do well there

• nj is missing an important piece in order for them to compete with bp. they need a slogan or a catchphrase before they start their song!

bp: bp is the revolution

• Their social media engagement reflected in their streams everywhere. They were able to do similarly across all streaming platforms. and they continue to have that impact all over.

Push and promo are viewed less critically than buying streams on any platform. The thing about today’s groups that feel fake is their numbers feel fake. People don’t believe that the streams new jeans gets for example is real.

• Their social media engagement reflected in their streams everywhere. They were able to do similarly across all streaming platforms. and they continue to have that impact all over.

Push and promo are viewed less critically than buying streams on any platform. The thing about today’s groups that feel fake is their numbers feel fake. People don’t believe that the streams new jeans gets for example is real.

Yeah, internationally BP grew with each cb with their first hot100 entry being in 2018 and even now the fandom is still pretty much present in their activities with some "gp" interest too. Their numbers match their success and popularity.

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• Yeah, internationally BP grew with each cb with their first hot100 entry being in 2018 and even now the fandom is still pretty much present in their activities with some "gp" interest too. Their numbers match their success and popularity.

Well kpop grew since then so the timeline isn’t really that important. It’s more that people inherently don’t believe streams are as real as they were because of various things like ads and playlisting.

• Well kpop grew since then so the timeline isn’t really that important. It’s more that people inherently don’t believe streams are as real as they were because of various things like ads and playlisting.

Yeah, it does make sense the doubt, specially after some events, but in BP case that Yama pointed out I do think their growth wasn't thanks to such tactics that appeared just in the 4th gen. They had the Big3 privilege like any other Big3 act and they kept their fame with great growth like we can see today.

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• "They have big3 privilege and used it heavily" :pepe-hehe: tell which kpop group from the now big4 didn't use the privilege "heavily"??

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• Organic or not, the most important thing is that they managed to mantain their momentum. Consistency is the key. Staying power is what most groups find difficult.

• in the states you ask? Blackpink was the only girl group that was the least cringe for their generation. The rest were twice and red velvet. Anyway, their rise in states can be seen thanks to yg successors and kpop rise with social media along with bts. sure, they are not the first group that comes to mind but they should be easily second.

• "They have big3 privilege and used it heavily" :pepe-hehe: tell which kpop group from the now big4 didn't use the privilege "heavily"??

Yet you have the most obsessed Blinks here going in threads and making payola accusations while calling other groups inorganic. How painfully tone deaf can you be as a fandom?

BP had EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter, and YG was built from the ground up by Big Bang and then later 2NE1 to a lesser extent. The road to success was already paved and coated in gold before BLACKPINK was ever in our area.

Organic or not, the most important thing is that they managed to mantain their momentum. Consistency is the key. Staying power is what most groups find difficult.

Kill This Love underperformed compared to their previous releases. It didn't even hit #1 in Korea. Even to BLACKPINK, these things happen

• YamaChwan

Changed the title of the thread from “What was organic about BLACKPINK's initial success and rise in popularity in the states?” to “What was organic about BLACKPINK's initial success and rise in popularity in the states? ***PLEASE VOTE***”.
  • Kill This Love underperformed compared to their previous releases. It didn't even hit #1 in Korea. Even to BLACKPINK, these things happen

Pretty sure this thread is abt States aka USA. And BP managed to land EVERY single title track post DduDuDduDu into Billboard Hot 100. Even if we talk abt Korean charting, the drop from #1 to let say Top 5, isn't that big of a drop.

• I think they had huge company privilege but not as huge as some others

BlackPink has however since outgrown the company and isn't dependant on that company

In fact YG has been surviving off Blackpink and was the only main act making the most money for them.

Groups like IVE and (G)I-DLE for example has also been hard carrying their companies that started them

The same can't be said for some other groups

• Pretty sure this thread is abt States aka USA. And BP managed to land EVERY single title track post DduDuDduDu into Billboard Hot 100. Even if we talk abt Korean charting, the drop from #1 to let say Top 5, isn't that big of a drop.

The thread is about their success, not just the states.

Do you think BP debut with a PAK without massive company privilege? Would anyone care if they were in our area if they didn't have the YG name attached to them back when that was at its peak value?

forgetting your own question?

I didn't contradict myself

They had the biggest company privilege of the entire third generation by a huge margin

• Yet you have the most obsessed Blinks here going in threads and making payola accusations while calling other groups inorganic. How painfully tone deaf can you be as a fandom?

BP had EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter, and YG was built from the ground up by Big Bang and then later 2NE1 to a lesser extent. The road to success was already paved and coated in gold before BLACKPINK was ever in our area.

Kill This Love underperformed compared to their previous releases. It didn't even hit #1 in Korea. Even to BLACKPINK, these things happen

Well, toxic fans in big fandom the same way you are the toxic bunny.

And a bigger senior than BTS doesn't exist in kpop so everything you said about BP you can apply to a bigger dimension to all hybe new groups including NJ :pepe-tea:

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• There's nothing organic about kpop and most kpop groups success. Same with the music industry as a whole

But their success is still earned and deserved. People choose to listen to their songs in the end, no matter how they might come about them

Splitting hairs on what privilege counts or doesn't count is so dumb.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• Well, toxic fans in big fandom the same way you are the toxic bunny.

And a bigger senior than BTS doesn't exist in kpop so everything you said about BP you can apply to a bigger dimension to all hybe new groups including NJ :pepe-tea:

Where was the company privilege for LSF at debut if that can be used to explain, and really discredit, NewJeans? We already know BSH was playing favorites and wanted his girl group to be the best, and literally hated and ignored NewJeans, so make that make sense for me.

Also, I'm not toxic. I'm just honest.

• There's nothing organic about kpop and most kpop groups success. Same with the music industry as a whole

But their success is still earned and deserved. People choose to listen to their songs in the end, no matter how they might come about them

Splitting hairs on what privilege counts or doesn't count is so dumb.

Stop spoiling the conclusion. We'll get there eventually.

• Actually all 3rd gen groups had a big company privilege like

Sm: TVXQ, SNSD, SHINee and FX

Jype: 2pm were big in some years in SK, Wonder Girls and Miss A

YGE: BIGBANG and 2ne1

All were big, huge, the face of kpop. Good luck in trying to understand it.

That still pales in comparison to BLACKPINK, the first new girl group in an entire generation, with 2NE1 being the only other girl group formed and debuted under YG after the company joined the Big 3 and booted out DSP.

YG media played his next girl group for LITERALLY FOUR YEARS.

No third gen group had anywhere near that hype or privilege.

• Where was the company privilege for LSF at debut if that can be used to explain, and really discredit, NewJeans? We already know BSH was playing favorites and wanted his girl group to be the best, and literally hated and ignored NewJeans, so make that make sense for me.

Also, I'm not toxic. I'm just honest.

Oh, they not disbanding due to the bullying scandal in their first week of debut is a privilege nugu groups can't afford, doing a doc to show they starting again as 5 and in the next cb doing good was all thanks to the company still investing in them.

NJ are a hybe group, obviously they have some privileges.

Everybody from the big4 has privilege just from having a company with money and willing to promote them, get them endorsement thanks to connections etc, after your debut year you'll either grow a fb big enough like BP or be surpassed by others groups like Treasure, IKon and even Winner.

In the end BP are here doing their thing with an incredible career.

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• That still pales in comparison to BLACKPINK, the first new girl group in an entire generation, with 2NE1 being the only other girl group formed and debuted under YG after the company joined the Big 3 and booted out DSP.

YG media played his next girl group for LITERALLY FOUR YEARS.

No third gen group had anywhere near that hype or privilege.

Oh, sorry the others didn't hype up their own groups then :pepe-just-smile:

𝙱𝙰𝙱𝚈 𝙸'𝙼 𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁

• Blackpink obviously had big company privilege and I don't think they ever tried to hide it. In fact I think this was one of the things YG tried to use in their favor every time they could. That's not the only reason they became the biggest girl group though, they had the initial boost but having members who are strong stan attractors, catchy music and strong visual identity helped them solidify their predebut popularity. It's even more clear now considering how Babymonster also was very popular predebut and didn't match the hype.

They had big3 privilege but their popularity was also organic. They were always massive in sea countries and although ppl tried to downplay it as zombie streaming, it's a fact that BP still is a massive wall when it comes to youtube relevancy in kpop, even after ads and kpop overall became more popular.

If you're trying to compare with Newjeans... I can't blame MHJ for using their resources the best way she could. But it's just dangerous to rely only on one thing or two. Blackpink, for example, even after being the biggest kpop group on youtube, only got their crown as #1 gg after The Album sold 1 million.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• External Content x.com

I'm curious is this really her account or just an account created by a hater?

Has the authenticity of the link been proven?

~*~

• This thread contains 173 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!