did JYP set up NMIXX ??? (staged virality + fake sales )

• answer ??? 29

1. NMIXX worst enemy is jyp now (17) 59%
    2. no nmixx will be fine (12) 41%

in the past nmixx werent viral or popular enough for koreans to care enough about their achievements etc....

JYP staged their viral performance at university festival which made them nmixx looks like a desperate and fraud GG

and now that they have this image to some koreans some of them went to dig some things about nmixx and now they are getting call out for faking their first week sales and inflating these sales

quick summary for people who don't want to read the whole article

basically for "midsummer nmixx dream" it was announce that the group surpassed 1M sales in one week in july

but koreans notice that when Circle album year end chart came out it was announce that the group only sold +823K album in 5 months

So did JYP JUST SET UP NMIXX to get tear apart by koreans with this stage viral moment ?????

땡겨쓰기 : Kind of hard to translate. Basically when a company manipulate the number of sales for the first week sales to account for future events (usually fansigns) album purchases by either purchasing all those albums beforehand (and selling them to fans for the events) or simply count it within the first week sales to inflate it. Usually it doesn't represent the actual number of sales because it's a fictive number that company come up with to "take into account potential future sales". For the reference of this article, we will simply put "ddaengyeo-sseugi"

AVvXsEisbMClRsfgo6K5gzj6mRT7ArcUuhZ57jqDCWXUfpxpyIvDEx93lcQyA1kFpnmacWvZB1_QdkTH9GDFWR8JEUEm6S76FM_-gcJ5qGx_DFXwH-E_cygtuCoONTq9GVn6eOBQGuCfLmzdOWjDXk4GeR4WrI_K-TUWW8ZWu5w9eVOq9dNK7bWg2kTAFJ_3PxDV=s16000

First week sales: 1,030,5XX copies

AVvXsEhl8jsEE9ymw4riUTYPHabBMI-Q0INUw-uxOGXxUK3VJ9gTVNSQ_a9icbRiqBqyHdCm10fl33FJTmdX2VZfa_T-Ky7HN2rqaA7mropoxuzE16CvP9oZ5kzMO1EdTVbpNyQnBhXFddP-nF2TPkg4afdOHOVpDSXV5xWBmfuhDSUzSrkAnUfk2ppJGfmQX2pi=s16000

Total sales in 2023: 838,262

So their total sales are less than their first week sales by 200K albums...
    What's legendary is that they did 92 fansigns and still weren't able to sell that much.....................

original post: here

1. 92 fansigns? The fans must like it.... Or not?
    > They don't ㅠ The fans hate this

2. Doing 92 fansigns .... The idols are tired and the fans too

3. 200K albums gap is quite severe...

4. They don't have to inflate it 200K, 800K is already doing freaking well, why go this far? And those unending fansigns will just tire the idols and the fans out

5. 92 fansigns??

6. The company is honestly their anti ㅋㅋ

7. But even male idols commit ddaengyeo-sseugi. Of course, I'm not saying it's something good to do

8. How were they able to sell this much in their first week sales??? Aren't they supposed to include that number in the total sale?
    > During their first week sales, they count it as if they sold everything to increase the sales, but once the fansigns actually happen, they will readjust. They weren't able to sell everything and this is the situation

9. So are they going to reimburse the 200K copies?

10. So where did the 200K go? Did those albums ever exist?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• SooYoung

Changed the title of the thread from “did JYP set up NMIXX ???” to “did JYP set up NMIXX ??? (staged virality + fake sales )”.
  • Ooof.

I think SQU4D tried to keep up with the Jonses, aka AESPA, New Jeans, LSFM, and IVE.

So, we got what we got. Just when I thought they were starting to learn how to actually promote NMIXX properly after the amazing promotions that were Dash...livegate happened.

But, at the end of the day, NMIXX will be fine. They have a solid fanbase (even despite the inflated sales), and I'm not worried as a fan. They will probably always be a mid-tier GG, but who gives af as long as my faves can live their dreams being artists. :pepepizza:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• In fact, A Midsummer Nmixx's Dream is a great album, I would like it in my collection, it's a shame it's a single album. I can see why people buy it, its aesthetics are incredible.

• In fact, A Midsummer Nmixx's Dream is a great album, I would like it in my collection, it's a shame it's a single album. I can see why people buy it, its aesthetics are incredible.

It's good. I liked it. But tbh, I still think they should have promoted Roller Coaster as the main track instead of Party O'Clock. I feel like PO'Clock was a misstep after the success of LMLT.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• JYP is still the best company, among the Big 4.

NMIXX will rise soon regardless, relax.

"Be wise, don't be absurd" - Wateris

"Facts speaks volume, not delusional minds" - Wateris

:facepalm:

I’m not rude, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• Day6 carrying this flop ass company

you've done such a good job promoting them the rest of the company is starting to get jealous

I think you should consult a shaman, get day6's parents on board (maybe sign a petition or two), steal some of JYPE's secret trade secrets (preferrable from the other divisions), claim jyp doesn't care for day6, get jae to return to make some allegations of mistreat for day6 and finally hold a press conference to announce day6 will be leaving JYPE!!!

also claim itzy plagiarized "icy"

• you've done such a good job promoting them the rest of the company is starting to get jealous

I think you should consult a shaman, get day6's parents on board (maybe sign a petition or two), steal some of JYPE's secret trade secrets (preferrable from the other divisions), claim jyp doesn't care for day6, get jae to return to make some allegations of mistreat for day6 and finally hold a press conference to announce day6 will be leaving JYPE!!!

also claim itzy plagiarized "icy"

Not so fast

I'll still need to conduct training for the boys, on how to cry on cue to get sympathy.

And also make some leaked chats on the mistreatment on how the company keep calling Day6 fat

• They are also talking in the comments how jyp tried to sajaegi love me like this into charts reaching top 5 on melon but less than top 30 in all others with low digital points on gaon... i didnt know this, they are cooking them alive sadly

It's not sajagei. Melon had a chart/playlist for new releases. New songs stayed on that chart for 4 weeks and then removed. Songs got instant exposure because of it. After love me like that got removed from that chart it fell down on Melon and started charting everywhere same.

Even the young, dumb stupid started charting on melon because of this chart.

٨ـ٨ـ ѕιнуєση ـ٨ـ٨

220601403f462c3f3d77666d4902a8703199d320.gifv 2a61c9b910d2d9e18ead9f81ac4f88a32687bc84.gifv

• How?

They are less sh*tier than others, for now. ^^

"Be wise, don't be absurd" - Wateris

"Facts speaks volume, not delusional minds" - Wateris

:facepalm:

I’m not rude, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• I promise you in Korea nobody cares about the live singing thing. If anything I have seen praise as they are still amazing live singers. The event might be staged but the singing wasn’t.

• it did bring them exposure though

people are talking about them and are curious so if all publicity is good publicity, then the job was done

• when i look at comments it's like half half, some say it leaves a bad taste and some justify it by saying hey at least they still sound good(probably fans). imo they'll be fine, it's just a bit disgusting to see this kind of thing being exposed

• They keep setting the group up

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sorry this is so rehearsed and planned jts obvious theyre doing this for a cute little viral moment... i see right through you and your evil plan lily and nmixx trust you will be getting payed dust.

External Content x.com

i don't know if it's set up or not this time

but considering their past stage performance, i can no longer trust when something like this happen to NMIXX

and in the future it'll probably be the same, it's hard to trust them now and think that it's genuine when something happen to them now

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

External Content x.com

At this point, I think Squad and NMIXX are trying hard to get viral. It's embarrassing.

In today's Kpop world, becoming viral doesn't bring you anything if the Knetizen don't like your song.

JYPE and Squad please Just invest in a great producer who can bring attention to NMIXX unique concept and amazing live vocals.

• At this point, I think Squad and NMIXX are trying hard to get viral. It's embarrassing.

In today's Kpop world, becoming viral doesn't bring you anything if the Knetizen don't like your song.

JYPE and Squad please Just invest in a great producer who can bring attention to NMIXX unique concept and amazing live vocals.

Getting rid of their unique concept should be their first step

• At this point, I think Squad and NMIXX are trying hard to get viral. It's embarrassing.

Nah JYP is abandoning ship, he's rumored to debut a new GG in 2025, NMIXX in his eyes is a lost cause

• I love Day6 but do you think they have earned more money than like 1 stadium concert Twice has held?

1 twice stadium? That's too much, maybe a twice arena is a fairer comparison.

Day6 has actually done some decent touring: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Day6_concert_tours

I'd estimate total attendance as easily over 100K, a number that's far larger than the capacity of any single stadium concert.

External Content x.com

Whether it's intentional or not is embarrassing.

If it is, they are trying too hard to be viral. If not, it doesn't look professional on lily cause how could you a singer forget your mic?

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!