[Exclusive] Konjinwon begins investigation into BTS’ ‘music hoarding complaint’

• [Exclusive] Konjinwon begins investigation into BTS’ ‘music hoarding complaint’

In relation to a civil complaint requesting an investigation into allegations of music hoarding by the group BTS, the Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), an organization under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism), is conducting an investigation.

It was confirmed on the 21st that the Konjinwon Fair Coexistence Center Music Hoarding Report Center is conducting an investigation (finding out the facts) regarding complaints related to BTS.

Previously, a complaint regarding the hoarding of BTS's music was filed with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and transferred to the Konjin Center. Regarding this complaint, Konjinwon plans to investigate the facts by requesting a response from HYBE (Big Hit Music).

If an investigation into music hoarding is conducted at the Konjinwon Music Hoarding Report Center, data may be requested from music service providers, etc., and will be reported to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism after review by an advisory group. If necessary, request cooperation from the court or investigative agency. It is expected that civil complaints related to BTS will also be processed through this procedure.

Civil complaints related to BTS arose when the ruling on a blackmail case that occurred in January 2017 was made public.

Mr. A, who filed the civil complaint, said, “Based on the contents of the judgment, I received the first email from the defendant in 2017 from September 23, 2016, when the amendment to the ‘Music Industry Promotion Act’ that regulates ‘hoarding of music’ was implemented. “We cannot rule out the possibility that illegal marketing was carried out even during the period until January 11th, and we believe that Big Hit Music was ultimately forced to remit a large amount of money due to threats,” he said.

In addition, another civil complaint was filed with the agency on the 3rd requesting the cancellation of the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism's commendation that the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism awarded to BTS in October 2016 for their contribution to the development of the Korean Wave.

In the civil complaint, “As the ‘suspicion of BTS’ hoarding’ is a serious issue that has undermined the order of democracy and the rule of law called ‘fair competition,’ Article 8 (cancellation of awards, etc.) “In accordance with Paragraph 1 of Article 18 (Procedure for Citation Cancellation), it is judged that the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism should promptly review the cancellation of the commendation,” he said.

The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, which received the complaint, is confirming the facts and plans to consider whether to cancel the award based on the results of the Konjinwon's investigation.

A music industry official who has filed a complaint regarding music hoarding said, “The word ‘sound recording hoarding’ is wrong. “Whether it is the actual product or the music source, this is clear ‘music chart manipulation,’” he said. “Because the music platform operators already have a close connection with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, it is questionable whether the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism or its affiliated organizations will properly conduct an investigation related to music hoarding.”

In addition, “The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and its affiliated organizations should conduct an investigation based on the truth that there is hoarding of music sources, etc., but they have already opened the investigation window for several years and have not conducted a proper investigation.” “It doesn’t happen,” he said.

HYBE completely denied the allegations of music hoarding related to BTS. Big Hit Music, an affiliated agency, hinted at taking legal action against this, saying, "We clearly state that the hoarding marketing, concept theft, Dahn World connection rumors, and pseudo-suspicions aimed at defaming and slandering BTS are not true."

In addition, HYBE also refuted the allegations of ‘album pushout’ raised by Ador CEO Min Hee-jin. Hive said, “We do not do the so-called ‘album push,’” adding, “We explained several times that there is no official ‘push,’ and in reality, HYBE ‘does not push albums to compete for the Initial Chodong record.’”

https://v.daum.net/v/20240521114332111

• This is not good. Even if BTS is cleared, the fact that they were investigated by KOCCA for chart manipulation is already embarrassing.

This is what I mean with opening a pandora box if a company starts to display too much ego publicly. It can provoke the wrong people, leading to serious repercussions.

I really hope the investigation finds nothing and this is just a false alarm. If sajaegi is discovered, it would be a huge scandal, casting doubt on all of BTS’s achievements and their legacy.

Other fandoms should not see this as a victory. Such an investigation could trigger a wave of scrutiny for other major companies and their groups, damaging the credibility of K-pop as a whole.

• Ive and Riize are next if MHJ survives to fight another day

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People taking this shit seriously

It was a COMPLAINT and made by a malicious person no doubt

This ain't even new it's just brought up again because MHJ's supporters are doing overtime.

Do you want to know how many malicious people have filed complaints to try to mar BTS' image in their career???? A whole lot.

The fact of the matter is that they are the ONLY group whose sales match their streams,YouTube views and popularity across the board.

Fans have kept BTS afloat before and they will now, whether malicious people take things out of their arse to make complaints or not. Investigation my ass lmaooooo :skull:

[new signature coming soon but in the meantime, read the facts below]

• I really hope the investigation finds nothing and this is just a false alarm. If sajaegi is discovered, it would be a huge scandal, casting doubt on all of BTS’s achievements and their legacy.

The occurence of sajaegi is literally all but confirmed. How can tou blackmail someone about something they didn't do?

• this is all true. People keep trying to bring them down but they keep rising higher and higher in terms of achievement and success. And who the fuck does the SK government call first when they need a free fucking concert for a world expo bid or who was the very first name dropped when the SK government stranded 40,000 boyscouts in a field with little water and toilets last summer in 90 degree weather?

• The only thing global news is talking about BTS is Jin’s completion of his military service and what an excellent service he accomplished

It's the only newsworthy item to cover. Watch the global news inundate and blow up the internet with the newsworthy return of Jin and his upcoming projects. The global news agencies ain't touching this click bait articles about BTS with a 500 foot pole. ^^^^^^^^

• They can take away the culutral merit award and their minister commendation for all I care (not that I'm saying that they should actually do that).

It's a spit in BTS's faces to actually investigate this when they were cleared legally almost 9 years ago. This current presidential cabinet is a fucking joke. BTS singlehandedly attracted tens of thousands of people for a FREE concert that Bighit set up with their own money since the government couldn't be bothered to fund it, and their 10th anniversary event saw ~400k attendees show up when they weren't even THERE. Both of these happened during the current president's term and this bitch is allowing this it to happen. Fuck him and his officials.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• The S.K. Government has been investigating Samsung for stock manipulation for ages, just like this investigation, that has gone nowhere.

• I don't think it is that big of a deal as you make it out to be, even if it their sales were fake at the beginning... well fake it till you make it.

If it is proven true... well good luck in fanwars but whatever, not like it matters all that much lol

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

• I disagree that this would be such a huge, career shattering scandal even if the accusations turn out true. Even if BigHit used sajaegi for BTS when their career was getting started/they were ascending to top BG spot, their fandom and genuine success has exploded so much since then that I don't think some cheating early on will undo their later achievements in most people's minds.

i expect if proven true, 99% of fans would excuse it in a heartbeat and the general public would be critical for a day and then forget about it

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

giphy.gif

• I don't think it is that big of a deal as you make it out to be, even if it their sales were fake at the beginning... well fake it till you make it.

If it is proven true... well good luck in fanwars but whatever, not like it matters all that much lol

I disagree that this would be such a huge, career shattering scandal even if the accusations turn out true. Even if BigHit used sajaegi for BTS when their career was getting started/they were ascending to top BG spot, their fandom and genuine success has exploded so much since then that I don't think some cheating early on will undo their later achievements in most people's minds.

i expect if proven true, 99% of fans would excuse it in a heartbeat and the general public would be critical for a day and then forget about it

Yall underestimate the bitterness of fans.

But let’s hope it really doesn’t have any impact.

• It doubt this

Just because this situation is been "investigated", it is not going to marr their reputation and be as embarrassing as people think.

The investigation concerns a time when they were a middle sized group, it doesn't even concern any of the big achievements that they clearly won fairly, at a unprecedented global scale.

It's also important to mention that the people who submitted the petition are clearly haters, salty about BTS existance but even they can not claim "manipulation" for any achievement after 2017, they would look foolish.

They went for the low hanging fruit and time will clarify everything

Besides, remember when Rollingstone (not just a random netizen) exposed Blackpink for buying streams to break YouTube GLOBAL records in 2019?

It didn't diminish any of their later achievements so it would be extremely hypocritical to bash BTS when the alleged "sajaegi" wasn't even used for an important songs.

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• This click bait will go nowhere. MHJ will be fired and vanish from the Hybe organization. Who knows what will happen to NewJeans. Illit will become successful and break records, BM will make records of their own, and most definitely . . . . . . BTS will continue to be global icons and will remain the formidable wall that bitter kpoppies will try to smash and discredit but will never even make a dent on their success.

Mark your calendar - June 2025 - The return of BTS. Kpop will again flourish. BTS will be the talk of the world - From global printed articles, magazine covers, interviews to worldwide television entertainment coverages.

2025 can't come fast enough!

Free June 2025 Calendar Printable PDF Template with Holidays

• everyone is incredibly aware of the “people” who submitted the petition. It was raging on twitter and goading others to grab a pitchfork and torch and storm the SK government until their accusations were officially responded too. These asshats wanted all their awards taken back, all their records erased. I am sure the SK appeased these assholes by announcing this farce and rolled their eyes at another KPop fan war. What fucking nonsense

• This sht is reminding me of when sm stans called the blue house to take back BTS daesang back in 2016, somethings never change, i have a feeling the people behind this are salty big 3 stans who in the big year of 2024 can't accept a group with nugu beginnings is far more successful than their beloved big 3 darlings

• Because of this bitterness they are even investigating.

You're projecting too much from your own feeling. Bitter people like you has existed since the beginning of their success. Antis have tried many methods they could find like calling Melon, sending petitions to Blue House, linking them to cult etc to tarnish their reputation since ages but nothing happened. So good luck with your wishful thinking. ^^

• You're projecting too much from your own feeling. Bitter people like you has existed since the beginning of their success. Antis have tried many methods they could find like calling Melon, sending petitions to Blue House, linking them to cult etc to tarnish their reputation since ages but nothing happened. So good luck with your wishful thinking. ^^

The desperation by OP and this one :skull:

• BTS will forever need to apologize for their tremendous success. First BB Winners, First Grammy Invited KPop Artist, First KPop Grammy nominee, First KPop artist to play at historic Wembley Stadium, first KPop Group to win Artist of the Year at BB music awards. So much to be bitter about

• That is what they get for sacrificing for their country

They would have gotten much , much farther by abandoning Korea, , only perform outside of there and never enter Korea ever again.

• BTS will forever need to apologize for their tremendous success. First BB Winners, First Grammy Invited KPop Artist, First KPop Grammy nominee, First KPop artist to play at historic Wembley Stadium, first KPop Group to win Artist of the Year at BB music awards. So much to be bitter about

And the first to thrown away world domination just because some good-for-nothing Koreans, who consist about 5% of their total business, raised shit.

• You're projecting too much from your own feeling. Bitter people like you has existed since the beginning of their success. Antis have tried many methods they could find like calling Melon, sending petitions to Blue House, linking them to cult etc to tarnish their reputation since ages but nothing happened. So good luck with your wishful thinking. ^^

LoooL

The one projecting is you. You’re filled with so much hate and insecurities that you think any comment is an attack on your faves cause you live viciously through them.

I don’t wish bad on people like that. I experienced love at home and live a

fulfilled life. I strongly believe in Karma.. So wishing bad things to happen to others (especially if they have done nothing to me) is left for jobless people. Sorry if these are the only people you’re surrounded with.

:pepe-shrug:

• Besides, remember when Rollingstone (not just a random netizen) exposed Blackpink for buying streams to break YouTube GLOBAL records in 2019?

It didn't diminish any of their later achievements so it would be extremely hypocritical to bash BTS when the alleged "sajaegi" wasn't even used for an important songs.

When did this happen?

For real.. I must have totally missed it cause I can’t remember lol

You have an article link or something?

• what hell is music hoarding

Hi,

I do it all the time when I go diggin' thru crates. I want all the vinyl.

Maybe they are finally exposing Namjoon for taking all the dope vinyl? I'd be mad too if he hoarded all the classics. Damn you Namjoon!!!

-knysom

• The Korean government has no reason to be honest here. They don’t want kpop as a whole to look bad to the rest of the world. They can only go after the small fish.

• When did this happen?

For real.. I must have totally missed it cause I can’t remember lol

You have an article link or something?

Official Link here:

'They Legitimized Buying Views': YouTube Ads Divide Latin Music Industry
    TrueView ads is a legal way for labels to buy views. "It is a tool," one source says, "but you can abuse it if you have a lot of money."
    www.rollingstone.com

20240522_221424.jpg

20240522_225854.jpg

Btw, it is not just Rollingstone who mention it, Its initially Bloomberg:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

20240522_225552.jpg

I guess your search skills need improvement because it comes up very easily when you type: Blackpink buy views Rollingstone lol

It didnt :pepe-joy:

Armshits should focus on the government clocking their sajaegi faves

Yikes to the unhinged response

When you have the truth on your side, you don't need to insult and you don't need to use false rumours.

Left the links above, enjoy the reading

:pepe-toast:

-------

So, as I was saying, if Blackpink being CONFIRMED to pay for inflated views and break WORLD records has not marred their posterior achievements.

THEN, it will be extremely hypocritical that an unconfirmed rumour about the alleged manipulation for an old song, which didn't even break any record, affects BTS.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• THEN, it will be extremely hypocritical that an unconfirmed rumour about the alleged manipulation for an old song, which didn't even break any record, affects BTS.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L

It’s not unconfirmed sweetie the court documents are right there admitting there was sagaeji at play :pepe-flirt:

It’s okay though you and your fellow dahnworld culties can keep playing delusion

⭐️

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!