Babymonster is starting to become Ahyeon & friends..

• literally EVERY SINGLE THUMBNAIL during Sheesh promotion have Ahyeon as the main character & centre… i get it she’s the centre but not even IVE act this way with Wonyoung (unless Wonyoung is the centre of Izone & PD48 winner).. this era is all about Ahyeon, a lil bit of Chiquita and the others..i feel bad for the other talented member like Ruka, Asa,Rora and Rami, theres no room for them to grow. YG seems having a hard time handling a 7 member group (knowing that even with BP @ 4 members only some of them still get mistreatment i cant imagine what the future holds for Ruka, Rora, Asa and Rami the most underrated member)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's pretty clear what YG is trying to do. Without Ahyeon, they flopped, now they're trying hard and want to see if they can succeed with Ahyeon. Also, she's the face of the group. I honestly don't like this, because this is dividing the fandom, and like you said, they ignore the other members whom are actually more talented than Ahyeon. Not much, but still. They don't look like friends, and honestly, every time I see Ahyeon she looks so sad. I don't think she likes to be the face of the group. YG did this with Jennie, too, so it's not really surprising.

• You dont seem to know what you're talking about.

YG doesn't control who these different companies put on the thumbnail. And yes, YG can handle groups over 4. They've had many.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• i honestly agree bc its now all ahyeon this ahyeon that, i have nothing aganist her, but its sad since there all talented. yg def needs to highlight the other members since they too are also talented

all of them are equally talented but somehow only ahyeon get the spotlight, and some for the thais member.. almost none for the other 4.. atleast during Batter Up no one is getting pushed this hard and everyone is treated equally

• all of them are equally talented but somehow only ahyeon get the spotlight, and some for the thais member.. almost none for the other 4.. atleast during Batter Up no one is getting pushed this hard and everyone is treated equally

cause i feel like in batter up, there wasnt one member that was pushed into the spotlight, i feel like everyone was excited to see ahyeon bc she wasnt with them in the debut

• It's pretty clear what YG is trying to do. Without Ahyeon, they flopped, now they're trying hard and want to see if they can succeed with Ahyeon. Also, she's the face of the group. I honestly don't like this, because this is dividing the fandom, and like you said, they ignore the other members whom are actually more talented than Ahyeon. Not much, but still. They don't look like friends, and honestly, every time I see Ahyeon she looks so sad. I don't think she likes to be the face of the group. YG did this with Jennie, too, so it's not really surprising.

i still think that the only reason why BM is charting decently is due to promotion on variety show, radio show and music show

Baby Monster predebut show is a big flop its not even aired on cable tv shows like RU NEXT, no one except YG stan are paying attention (and YG stan itself is the smallest among Big 4 fandom). so why suddenly Ahyeon is the reason BM start to catch gp attention ? i believe only YG stan know her

if Batter Up got proper promotion like Sheesh it will enter TOP 100 Melon too, im very sure.

• all of them are equally talented but somehow only ahyeon get the spotlight, and some for the thais member.. almost none for the other 4.. atleast during Batter Up no one is getting pushed this hard and everyone is treated equally

you got into baemon like a week ago and you think you know them

She is not even my bias but she has the most fansites and Korean fans I see this on twitter, she trends more so obviously they are gonna highlight her more but her being in many thumbnail of videos is up to them not her company she is just more popular .

because batter up didn't get promo duh now they are going to variety shows, music shows, radio shows etc

• You dont seem to know what you're talking about.

YG doesn't control who these different companies put on the thumbnail. And yes, YG can handle groups over 4. They've had many.

now that u mention about YG having group more than 4 ppl, so lets take a look at iKON.. i remember theres one member who literally have zero line back then.. its all about Bobby and B.I back then

• i still think that the only reason why BM is charting decently is due to promotion on variety show, radio show and music show

Baby Monster predebut show is a big flop its not even aired on cable tv shows like RU NEXT, no one except YG stan are paying attention (and YG stan itself is the smallest among Big 4 fandom). so why suddenly Ahyeon is the reason BM start to catch gp attention ? i believe only YG stan know her

if Batter Up got proper promotion like Sheesh it will enter TOP 100 Melon too, im very sure.

Yes, it's because of promotions, that's how it works, but their talent is a factor, too. When they released Batter Up, it didn't happen, because they didn't do any promotion and the song was a mess and didn't showcase their talents like Stuck in The Middle or even this lazy Sheesh song. I hate the sheesh part and the rap lyrics, but there are some good vocal parts.

I don't think it's about Ahyeon, she's just one factor, probably the smallest factor. The biggest push was probably their performance on Knowing Bro's and "It's Live".

Only clueless YG stans say Ahyeon is the reason, and it's actually sad they say that, because they're literally shitting on the other members.

• Isn't this more of a case where Babymonster fans are overhyping her compared to the other members? Sure YG is pushing her as the face of the group but more than half of Baemon fans seem to bias her, so is it really completely YG's fault?

then if shes already the most popular member, YG should give chance for other member.. how about the other 4 underrated member ? for example, with IVE starship is giving spotlight to Leeseo, Gaeul and Liz knowing that WY and Yujin already popular and have established fanbase..

the way YG handling BM is like some nugu company handling their girl group that have IOI member in it (GUGUDAN, DIA)

• cause i feel like in batter up, there wasnt one member that was pushed into the spotlight, i feel like everyone was excited to see ahyeon bc she wasnt with them in the debut

because batter up wasn't promoted YG didn't send them anywhere and her being " pushed" in the shows they go to it's more because she is the most popular she gets more attention but I feel rami is getting attention for her vocals.

• also imo there is always gonna be a main attractor and she is one of them. It happened with may ggs and imo if she ever become very popular the popularity will work for the whole group

this is not the usual way of big company handling their group tho.. like SM with SNSD for example Yoona is the main attractor back then but the management know how to push Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany etc.. also TWICE, Nayeon is the main attractor but you dont see JYP rubbing Nayeon face on each of us every single time, even during their early day (Cheer Up era)

• because batter up wasn't promoted YG didn't send them anywhere and her being " pushed" in the shows they go to it's more because she is the most popular she gets more attention but I feel rami is getting attention for her vocals.

if only Batter Up was promoted back then Rami will gain more popularity because she have lot of part and also the centre for some of the main choreo… too bad now Rami is one of the most underrated member on BM ;(

• this is not the usual way of big company handling their group tho.. like SM with SNSD for example Yoona is the main attractor back then but the management know how to push Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany etc.. also TWICE, Nayeon is the main attractor but you dont see JYP rubbing Nayeon face on each of us every single time, even during their early day (Cheer Up era)

what part you don't understand that is up to them ( music shows, radio shows ) if they want to put her on a thumbnail if you every watch the shows they go to......many members are getting attention like rami and to some extent asa it's not only ahyeon.

its not without ahyeon. Its batter up. They also flopped before They started with the promos with sheesh. Its the promos that count

• then if shes already the most popular member, YG should give chance for other member.. how about the other 4 underrated member ? for example, with IVE starship is giving spotlight to Leeseo, Gaeul and Liz knowing that WY and Yujin already popular and have established fanbase..

the way YG handling BM is like some nugu company handling their girl group that have IOI member in it (GUGUDAN, DIA)

Chill, it hasn't been that long since they debuted. Even Blackpink was called Jennie and girls in their early days.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Seeing how IVE ended up I don't think necessarily a bad thing at all. It might even be a good thing for Babymonster to have an "it girl" that the even the general public is interested in.

In the end, the other members will also reap the benefits in some form. Hypothetically, IVE without Wonyoung would never have have become anywhere near as popular. It's probably the same with BP and Jennie/Lisa.

I might go as far as saying having Ahyeon is their advantage and what sets them apart from other 5th gen groups.

I dont think they are doing better now due to her though? BM started promoting and their talents got praised.

• idk this seems like a pretty uninformed take. Like yea of course this gonna be ahyeons era, she was already 1 of the most popular pre-debut and obviously YG wanted to generate hype around her debut....

I dont have any numbers to support this but just based off fan engagement the members popularity seems to be pretty evenly distributed, especially for a 7 member group. There are no noticably weak members which you see in big groups and even smaller ones.

• Blame the fans, it's often the fans that create the hype for one or two members of the group and the companies just play along. And they just debuted, stop drawing too big conslusions so soon.

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!