[instiz] TWS' BREAKS THEIR FIRST #1 ON MELON TOP100 ON THE 5 MINUTE CHART

• [instiz] TWS' BREAKS THEIR FIRST #1 ON MELON TOP100 ON THE 5MINUTES CHART

AVvXsEhRvMQnXRRPWiY8CC4Zcr-kElSvixwuiWQZ19B8ZvtVxK4xT-ZuVT_EXhcYoSugqxU3DN0ykT1OR4y5Ooa21R2r5LBdRZNBjuH3IdLtuVHMyWmNKGqc6i_-UDeoIefVi8cPvHCdlU_G-FYLlxddQeH49QDOhH7gFJzCou8nhFx836RVMd4GqFaw5hTYP-xW=s16000

This was at 10:15pm

original post: here

1. Crazy

2. ...? This is a freaking lie

3. 🍿🍿🍿

4. Where is the shame?

5. I seriously hate them now

6. Hul but is the song that good?
    > Nop it's just your average refreshing song

7. They won over IU...

8. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'll just laugh

9. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seriously the song is freaking averageㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is so bad

10. IU's song hasn't even been out for that long ago and IU's buzz and song are all better than them, so how?

[instiz] TWS' BREAKS THEIR FIRST #1 ON MELON TOP100 ON THE 5MINUTES CHART
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• someone said PLOT TWIST reminded Koreans of the SNSD hit "INTO THE NEW WORLD"

so I went to listen

and sonically I do not get the comparison

But lyrically I think I understand why the song is prob going viral

and why it's most probably hitting younger kids

The lyrics give off that awkward first day of school, meeting your classmate/crush for the first time vibe

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• The way even koreans themselves are shocked about It being a hit is peak comedy :skull:

because it was clearly sajaegi so they are watching it as a joke.

The group isn't trendy in korea at all and beating an IU song is impossible for a freshly new boy group lol. Also, they got roof top on Melon which is extremely hard even group like Newjeans and IVE have never got them before.

People who defend their charting either they do not know anything about kchart and who is popular in Korea right now. They must be naive to believe that Sajaegi doesn't exist like it have been a discussion for ages.

• because it was clearly sajaegi so they are watching it as a joke.

The group isn't trendy in korea at all and beating an IU song is impossible for a freshly new boy group lol. Also, they got roof top on Melon which is extremely hard even group like Newjeans and IVE have never got them before.

People who defend their charting either they do not know anything about kchart and who is popular in Korea right now. They must be naive to believe that Sajaegi doesn't exist like it have been a discussion for ages.

It's interesting cause If you compare to RIIZE, for example, even me who doesn't follow anything about them at all have seen multiple trending topics about the songs and the members Itself all across Pann, TheQoo and the korean side of Twitter. So their hype is completely understandable in my point of view.

But I only see people commenting on TWS to discuss about how they are shocked at their charting and I mean, people shouldn't be shocked at what is super trending in their own country, I suppose.

• it’s very absurd to me that people think only IU is allowed to hit no.1 and any song surpassing her is a fraud. why is it so hard to believe perhaps people like TWS’s song which is an up beat song with relatable lyrics than a slow ballad?

• it’s very absurd to me that people think only IU is allowed to hit no.1 and any song surpassing her is a fraud. why is it so hard to believe perhaps people like TWS’s song which is an up beat song with relatable lyrics than a slow ballad?

because 99% of Koreans have never heard of TWS...equivalent to a random stranger walking onto a basketball court and dropping 50 pts on Lebron James.

• It's interesting cause If you compare to RIIZE, for example, even me who doesn't follow anything about them at all have seen multiple trending topics about the songs and the members Itself all across Pann, TheQoo and the korean side of Twitter. So their hype is completely understandable in my point of view.

But I only see people commenting on TWS to discuss about how they are shocked at their charting and I mean, people shouldn't be shocked at what is super trending in their own country, I suppose.

That's why TWS's charting is so sus and Korean have every right to questioning them for doing sajaegi. However, international kpop fans is just gonna say you are hater when they clearly know nothing why korean question it.

• This whole thing is laughable really because had this been 2021 or even 2022, they would have been at the very high 80s. I can't speak to the vitality or trendiness of this group as I do not ever see non BTS men on my tl but it's giving me deja vu to BTS nugu days where people would not believe that they beat big 3 boy groups. But now a Hybe 4th gen group, that out privileged big 3 groups combined is still being met with sajaegi allegations. :pepe-joy:

It's actual comedy gold. :pepe-cringe:

because you need to be popular to chart. You think people will call it a fraud if Taeyeon, Newjeans, Big Bang, LYW, or AKMU beat her on chart. No one say you can't beat IU, but not a nugu goy group who just debuted that isn't even trendy in Korea.

• Acc to Google, the population of SK in 2023 is 51784059.

If only 1% of them (=517840 melons) listen to this bland song (for my taste, sorry), it getting #1 is not much of a surprise, is it?

• because you need to be popular to chart. You think people will call it a fraud if Taeyeon, Newjeans, Big Bang, LYW, or AKMU beat her on chart. No one say you can't beat IU, but not a nugu goy group who just debuted that isn't even trendy in Korea.

Read this thread because there are receipts that the song is viral with Korean kids here but somehow people keep ignoring it and say nobody is listening to it. Kids are actually streaming monsters i thought everyone already knows this :/

And they literally have the same privilege as New Jeans (maybe less on international side) and they have the refreshing concept like New jeans's debut too. But yes they're such a nobody and Hybe privilege doesn't exist lol.

• Acc to Google, the population of SK in 2023 is 51784059.

If only 1% of them (=517840 melons) listen to this bland song (for my taste, sorry), it getting #1 is not much of a surprise, is it?

More like...Melon has roughly 4.59M monthly active users. 1% of them = 45,900 ULs.

• This whole thing is laughable really because had this been 2021 or even 2022, they would have been at the very high 80s. I can't speak to the vitality or trendiness of this group as I do not ever see non BTS men on my tl but it's giving me deja vu to BTS nugu days where people would not believe that they beat big 3 boy groups. But now a Hybe 4th gen group, that out privileged big 3 groups combined is still being met with sajaegi allegations. :pepe-joy:

It's actual comedy gold. :pepe-cringe:

This whole thing makes me feel sad for the group even though i have no plans of stanning them.

I read comments on other sites and people literally suggesting 'black ocean' for them because of this 'controversy' too. Kpop stans never change i guess :skull:

Bc the song performance isn't trending, where does the vitality come from then?

And like someone said, not even nj got roof hits one melon, that's how difficult it's to get one

• Bc the song performance isn't trending, where does the vitality come from then?

And like someone said, not even nj got roof hits one melon, that's how difficult it's to get one

I know this is new info for you: the song's performance doesn't have to trend to get no.1 ^^

Btw i remember you are one of the people that tried very best to deny New Jeans' debut virality too. Now it's refreshing seeing you using them to downplay another group ;-)

• I know this is new info for you: the song's performance doesn't have to trend to get no.1 ^^

Btw i remember you are one of the people that tried very best to deny New Jeans' debut virality too. Now it's refreshing seeing you using them to downplay another group ;-)

No, it's very much not

I follow most hits by 4th gen ggs since black manba cmb to gidle underperformance with super lady

When a song or group it's truly viral and has a hit, u don't just see one video in yt or yt shorts, they have close to 5 to even 9 there, with shorts up to 1-3m views views a day bc that how viral gg songs are ( smth that rarely happen to bgs). As of now, considering this bg debuted 3 weeks ago they have no video in yt Korea tending chart

Trendiness isn't not the same as being a stablish act, which is the topic I put a clear difference, this group is neither

Koreans forums aren't even sure of the name of this song to begin with

• I know this is new info for you: the song's performance doesn't have to trend to get no.1 ^^

not really...NJ's virality in the beginning was visible in plain sight. Attention...Hype Boy...they were played everywhere, everyone knew the songs. Same can't be said for TWS.

• Just believe whatever makes you sleep at night. I'm a simple person, I like TWS's song more than IU song and i assume there must be people thinking like me in Korea too. And all the facts and numbers prove that opinion to me rather than just speculations and doubts. And no I don't believe certain internet forums = the opinions of most people, just like Alkpop forum don't speak for all kpop fans. There's a whole world out there with people who are not chronically online so I hope that helps.

• Theqoo forum is a mess right now everyone are making fun of them that every TWS articles are just filled by sarcastic/hatred comments from knetz.

Tbh I don't really understand the situation but seems like they took this charting thing seriously. There's almost none TWS recent articles that received well by them in the forum

This was Pann when Attention dropped out of nowhere on Youtube:

GFTNIOfWoAAReYI?format=jpg&name=large

Anyone who doubled their viralty is crazy, cause they had everyone on a chokehold since Day 1, when their music wasn't even on streaming plataforms yet.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• This was Pann when Attention dropped out of nowhere on Youtube:

GFTNIOfWoAAReYI?format=jpg&name=large

Anyone who doubled their viralty is crazy, cause they had everyone on a chokehold since Day 1, when their music wasn't even on streaming plataforms yet.

i know it's crazy but just look at the threads or the digital thread back then. there were still people asking for proofs that new jeans were viral. crazy right? it's from 2 certain fandoms i won't name but there are those kinds of people lol

There are different levels of virality though. The chart is the weakest now so it helps TWS to chart high but they're surely not as viral as New Jeans back then.

• Seriously look at the top 10 in Melon now. Who is there that released a song in the last 4 weeks besides IU and tws? No one. 5 or more of these songs are older than 3 months.

So any decent song going to get into top 5 easily, because the ULs are currently so low.

• Theqoo forum is a mess right now everyone are making fun of them that every TWS articles are just filled by sarcastic/hatred comments from knetz.

Tbh I don't really understand the situation but seems like they took this charting thing seriously. There's almost none TWS recent articles that received well by them in the forum

Because their charting is fradulent

• Read this thread because there are receipts that the song is viral with Korean kids here but somehow people keep ignoring it and say nobody is listening to it. Kids are actually streaming monsters i thought everyone already knows this :/

And they literally have the same privilege as New Jeans (maybe less on international side) and they have the refreshing concept like New jeans's debut too. But yes they're such a nobody and Hybe privilege doesn't exist lol.

To be fair the listeners demography for this group is only 12% teens if I remember right. Majority of their listeners are in the 30s and 40s

• To be fair the listeners demography for this group is only 12% teens if I remember right. Majority of their listeners are in the 30s and 40s

I had doubt about this user demographic and i asked in the digital thread. The responses i got was a lot of kids/teenagers still use their parents accounts so that's a good reason for it to be so inclined towards 30ties and 40ties ppl.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• This thread contains 34 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!