After Listening To IZ*ONE Just Now For The First Time, I Don't Understand What The Hype Was About..

• b6ec155909d11ecd503e3c5ae15349c3.jpg

so....I was on youtube just now and I decided to randomly search the girls up.

i clicked on the songs

- La Vie en Rose

- Fiesta

- Panorama

- Violeta

I didn't skip any parts at all, and listened to the whole songs to make sure I get the right judgment.

For one, the songs or at least the Title tracks sound very "same-y".

There's not much differentiation it seems like and there's not big stand out moment in the music that makes you go "wowww omggg, let me play this again".

Out of those 4, "La Vi en Rose" was the most bearable.

The other 3 I actually wanted to skip after the first 45 seconds, because there was nothing going on.

And even looking at the visuals and styling of IZ*ONE, they just look....basic.

Like a GFRIEND, just with more members😐.

I'm still tryna see what everybody else saw, because there's nothing special that stands out for ME.

Maybe the hype for them came because they were on a show, that happened to be popular I guess ;judgingpepe:

• Their debut song is their best song. And I like that their concept is so elegant and it fits them well.

Even tho I like panorama and la vie and rose, I do think that the members stand out more than their actual discography.

But I’ve never liked the music of produce groups, so imo izone have the best songs among them

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 2 times, last by lialve ().

• there will always be that one lost soul that couldn't understand xD

just gonna leave it here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That’s survival show groups for you. Besides maybe I.o.I. Wanna One and I Zone both had their best songs on debut (because that’s what the companies actually plan for well). After that, the groups survive purely off fandom from the show and subpar music.

• lmao iz*one isn't about the music, it's about their bond and chemistry and also communication with fans

you will never experience it since they've already disbanded

visuals is subjective. basic hm? sure whatever you say

• It's funny how everyone says La Vie En Rose is their best song. I think it's one of the most boring debuts ever.

Fiesta and Secret Story Of The Swan will always remain superior

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• It's funny how everyone says La Vie En Rose is their best song. I think it's one of the most boring debuts ever.

Fiesta and Secret Story Of The Swan will always remain superior

I never said it was their best song💀

I said it was the most bearable, meaning I didn't feel a strong urge to click off of it after 15 seconds, like I did the other ones

All the songs still sound mid :exit-pepe:

• I never said it was their best song💀

I said it was the most bearable, meaning I didn't feel a strong urge to click off of it after 15 seconds, like I did the other ones

Isn’t that what best means? The least bad

• there was never much hype while the group is active, they got more hype after IVE and Lesserafim success, before it, they were very much fandom based in Korea, somewhere in mid with general public, popular in Japan and not that much internationally

• there was never much hype while the group is active, they got more hype after IVE and Lesserafim success, before it, they were very much fandom based in Korea, somewhere in mid with general public, popular in Japan and not that much internationally

That’s survival show groups for you. Besides maybe I.o.I. Wanna One and I Zone both had their best songs on debut (because that’s what the companies actually plan for well). After that, the groups survive purely off fandom from the show and subpar music.

Wut? They charted every single in the top 22 of Gaon including two in the top 10. They were not fandom based at all. What other 4th gen GGs could do that back in 2018-2020? Idle? Itzy? Not even Aespa or Stayc managed that for all their songs.

Even their soloists are the only 4th gen soloists to even sniff the top 40 of Melon, Miyeon and Soyeon couldnt do it and nobody else is brave enough to come out with a solo album for their 4th gen girls.

Put some respect on Izone's name :pepe-hips: like mah girl Yena outcharted all 32520958098 subunits of OreoVultureMixology all by herself with ONE song tbh.

• I never said it was their best song💀

That's funny bc I feel the strong urge to click it off after exactly 0.1 seconds

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• As for OP, their title songs are overrated ngl, Panorama is the best of the bunch these days...

But just bask in the glow of their B sides, their cutesy stuff is the most cringe aegyo in Kpop probably but the girls are so charismatic they make it work!! Said it many times before but their song Sunflower could be the greatest cutesy song in history.

And i could go on about their covers as well, call them the Cover Killers cause they even outdo the original!!

• I like LA Vien Rose and that's it. Never bother to dive deep in their discography and neither their title tracks nor their concept were attractive for me

Produce 48 is the only Produce season I really disliked. Produce X was boring, but Produce 48 was just next level bad

From the final line up the only members I liked were Chaewon and Chaeyon, and to some extent Eunbi and Yuri

The winner is... I won't even dare to say here because I'm in a truce with Dives :pepe-toilet:

• They were the Avengers of kpop. But their trash company (called "off the record") gave them nothing to work with.

Okay u pushing it now :pepe-life-support:

Around 2018 when they debuted, BlackPink was definitely rising up fast- cuz of "dudududu".

and Twice and Red Velvet was right at the top as well running stuff.

Even in 2019.

So idk what ur talking about

• ^ Avengers as in all round talent. It doesn't mean they were #1, although they did sell a lot of albums.

Wonyoung and Ive, literally the centers of the #1 act in Korea.

Chaewon and Sakura, literally the centers of the #4 act in Korea.

Yena and Chaewon, the only 4th gen soloists to chart in the top 30 of Melon.

Yuri about to star in the biggest show in Netflix history.

Eunbi everywhere in Korea.

Hyewon and Minju acting.

Hitomi and Nako dominating Japan.

• What made snsd successful? Almost every member capable and effective at promoting the group in their solo activities.

It is the same with every member of BP, versus say Loona where only Chuu and to some extent Heejin were the heavy hitters.

• my pet peeve about their songs is that they sing way too high pitched and in cutesy voices... but what do you think of this one?

• Produce 48 is just unfair af from the beginning. Imagine having Japanese idols who already have big fandom as a contestant.

• On the contrary, i just browse IZ*ONE discography yesterday and im still impressed by them.

The korean title tracks of course (fiesta best)

Some good B sides like Ayayaya, Mery Go Round, o Sole mio, sequence, DDdance etc

Their japanese titles total slayage

Bonus: pd48 songs are damn good too, especially the two final songs + 1000% + queen RUMOR

• Produce 48 is just unfair af from the beginning. Imagine having Japanese idols who already have big fandom as a contestant.

And the "big fandom" could only brought them thus far. In the end, koreans will still vote for korean as evidenced in both pd48 and GP999. The foreigners no matter how good they are, they will not be their first choice / one-pick

• Wut? They charted every single in the top 22 of Gaon including two in the top 10. They were not fandom based at all. What other 4th gen GGs could do that back in 2018-2020? Idle? Itzy? Not even Aespa or Stayc managed that for all their songs.

Even their soloists are the only 4th gen soloists to even sniff the top 40 of Melon, Miyeon and Soyeon couldnt do it and nobody else is brave enough to come out with a solo album for their 4th gen girls.

Put some respect on Izone's name :pepe-hips: like mah girl Yena outcharted all 32520958098 subunits of OreoVultureMixology all by herself with ONE song tbh.

you can't talk you haven't even listened to their entire discography!!!!

at least the OP tried lol

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!