Who would you say is having a successful career out of all the Produce 101 S1 contestants?

• I think we can all agree on the below contestants that are having a successful career. (Changes after some input)

Successful

1. Jeon Soyeon

2. Kim Sejeong

3. Kim Chung Ha

4. Jeon Somi

Ok to Decent

Kang Mina, Jung Chaeyeon, Kim Sohye, Kim Doyeon, Lim Nayoung, maybe Zhou Jieqiong

But who else would you say is having an ok career?

You can rank them by

Successful

Decent/ok

Struggling

Disappeared from the earth.

Season 1 Contestants
    Visit the main article Produce 101 Season 1 for more information about the season and episodes.      Left the show      Final Debut Members
    produce-101.fandom.com

Inspired by this thread.

If you need some help

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was searching some of them today

Nayoung is not a lead role in Unpredictable Family but it's getting decent ratings:

"Twinkling Watermelon” Rated Most Buzzworthy Drama; Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Top Actor List

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Twinkling Watermelon”
    2. JTBC “Destined with You”
    3. JTBC “Strong Girl Namsoon”
    4. MBC “My Dearest” Part 2
    5. SBS “The Escape of the Seven”
    6. tvN “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun”
    7. ENA “The Kidnapping Day”
    8. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life
    9. MBC “A Good Day to Be a Dog”
    10. KBS1 “Unpredictable Family”"

(can't post the source but you can google it)

https://asianwiki.com/Unpredictable_Family

Chaeyeon was inactive in 2023 but it seems she'll be in a drama soon, so she's also doing fine ig?

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

Edited once, last by Jasque-O-Part2 ().

• The actors are up there.

Kang Mina is consistently booked in dramas and will be in Welcome To Samdalri with Shin Hyesun and Ji Changwook, which is airing next week.

Jung Chaeyeon is already in lead role status which tells you how people view her in terms of notoriety and popularity.

Lim Nayoung has also been steadily adding to her resumes with dramas and webdramas. Now she's in a KBS daily drama which I think was a good choice for her just getting experience and since those are always popular with the elderly crowd.

Kim Doyeon is the underdog just because she's in Fantagio who's managed Eunwoo and Kwon Nara. Now if they can just get their shit together and get Doyeon in more roles and projects.

• Crazy how Chungha is now being left off in these discussions. I don't care how people don't like her last latest releases or her old company's issues. She's had massive hits and people know her name. She can guest on any variety shows with no problem.

Just because there's a period of inactivity due to dumb company problems doesn't put her in a "decent" or "struggling" tier.

• Crazy how Chungha is now being left off in these discussions. I don't care how people don't like her last latest releases or her old company's issues. She's had massive hits and people know her name. She can guest on any variety shows with no problem.

Just because there's a period of inactivity due to dumb company problems doesn't put her in a "decent" or "struggling" tier.

Well... it wasn't simply because she was inactive. Her few last releases didn't do well and now with all ongoing issues she has a lot to prove as she is basically starting from the beginning.

I look forward to her comeback and I hope she will do well and be back on spotlight.

• Nayoung was on Twinkling Watermelon?

Nevermind, I now understand what you said, she is in Unpredictable family.

• Definitely her after Gidle's breakthrough, don't think anyone comes close.

I wouldn't even put Somi in top3, her 2 semi hits are no match to Chungha's Roller Coaster, Gotta Go, Snapping

I wanted to put Chungha up there, but she has not done much recently.

Somi 'fast forward' did well.

• With the actresses I guess they have not had the success as Sejeong, but as you say, they are getting work.

So Mina, Chaeyon and ChungHa (for her music) can go on the 'Decent' category.

I am still not sold on Doyeon or Nayoung, but they are doing ok I guess.

Where would people rank Kim Sohye? Is she in Mina/Chaeyon level or more in the Doyeon/Nayoung level?

• Didn't she get in a scandal in China?

Maybe I am thinking of one of the former WJSN girls.

• Soyeon is definitely higher than Somi

I actually forgot about Soyeon (I forgot she was in the show) so I edited my post to add her and just put her in the middle.

• Definitely her after Gidle's breakthrough, don't think anyone comes close.

I wouldn't even put Somi in top3, her 2 semi hits are no match to Chungha's Roller Coaster, Gotta Go, Snapping

Wut? Chungha is washed right now, those songs were literally from another decade. Somi is the hip thing these days, Koreans love her.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's Somi, Soyeon and Sejeong. Mina sorta.

• I wanted to put Chungha up there, but she has not done much recently.

Somi 'fast forward' did well.

I thought the question was who is having a successful career, wasn't it? :boredr: Yall need to be more specific. Somi is more hip today but overal Chungha had a better career.

• The thing with Sohye is that people always clowned on her for being untalented, and some people don't like that she debuted with IOI. The bullying controversy definitently didn't help.

But, she still managed to snag a lead role this year in a drama with Lee Sangyeob. And strictly speaking on her acting, she's definitely a good actress.

I would put her in between the Mina/Chaeyeon tier and Nayoung/Doyeon, just because she's got a lead role in a TV drama, ratings aside and she had more work than Nayoung and Doyeon, but not quite the consistency like Mina and Chaeyeon.

• Even if Chungha never gets another hit she's still more successful than every other ioi contestant bar the ones mentioned in op. People here forget just how insane her 2018/19 run was. She actually has more hits than any other soloist in ioi (yes, I know Sejeong focused on acting and she's very successful but I'm only referring to their musical output in the previous sentence)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• BTW Here are some of the groups that have/had P101 contestants as members.

Weki Meki

DIA

WJSN

(G)I-DLE

GWSN

Ariaz

April

HashTag

Billlie

Secret Number

Gugudan

Pristin*

Hinapia*

LunarSolar

CLC

Momoland

Everglow

Favorite

Fanatics

Nature

Girlkind

Bulldok

A.DE

Project / Temporary groups

I.B.I

C.I.V.A

I.O.I (Obviously)

Some TV show groups that I did not include (like refund sisters)

Any that I missed?

• Maybe gonna be an unpopular opinion in this forum since it's so heavily Kpop focused, but I would put Sejeong number 1 higher than Soyeon or Somi.

G-Idle is one of the top girl groups but in terms of solo brands Sejeong and Somi are both at the top of idols in the whole industry.

Sejeong has been popular domestically since day 1, doing many shows with Yoo Jae-suk and acting success has only grew her popularity, especially domestically and in SEA where Kdramas are bigger than just in the Kpop space. And girl is a legit all-rounder, doing musicals, theatre plays and hosting year-end award shows like on SBS and MBC.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!