JYP did quite well at the Dragon Film Awards

• I see people clowning him and it’s a bit understandable as the guy is a meme a lot of the times and he knows this which is why he wears crazy outfits.

But his performance was actually quite good. Considering his age, the fact he was singing live with like no backtrack and dancing a pretty active dance. I think many idols half his age wouldn’t sound better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think it's matter if the audiences themselves didn't enjoy the performance especially when half of them look confused and concerned. Performers main jobs is to entertain the audience not to make them look like they were forced to be there :pepe-joy:

• I don't think it's matter if the audiences themselves didn't enjoy the performance especially when half of them look confused and concerned. Performers main jobs is to entertain the audience not to make them look like they were forced to be there :pepe-joy:

I mean JYP always liked to do shocking things and wear shocking outfits. It’s kind of his thing. He enjoys getting those types of reactions from the audience. Also you saw like 5 audience members faces and like two were just shocked faces not like they hate the performance.

• I mean JYP always liked to do shocking things and wear shocking outfits. It’s kind of his thing. He enjoys getting those types of reactions from the audience. Also you saw like 5 audience members faces and like two were just shocked faces not like they hate the performance.

And their face didn't look like they enjoyed that performance either. Look at last year performance and how hype they are. The host even said something about their face when Jyp performing. If that's not a hint, I don't know anymore. But it's interesting Jyp still have fans here especially a once :pepe-joy:

• And their face didn't look like they enjoyed that performance either. Look at last year performance and how hype they are. The host even said something about their face when Jyp performing. If that's not a hint, I don't know anymore. But it's interesting Jyp still have fans here especially a once :pepe-joy:

Hahaha I’m not a JYP fan. Also what does me liking twice have to do with anything? Y’all take liking music as like a primary identifier. His performance wasn’t really bad. Y’all see like 5 peoples reaction and forget to think for yourselves.

• He's been doing this for years now. It's a piece of cake for him. I remember seeing footage of some old golden disk awards(2008?) where he was doing some James Bond dance on stage and then went down to the audience and kinda serenaded some actresses singing live even somewhat short of breath but sounded amazing. I wish I could find the footage. I think the person deleted the vid.

• well when the MC itself need to adress to the public to tell them to watch their reaction when JYP is going to perform

should be a good indicatorr that nobody probably wanted to watch this performance

and a good hint for JYP to stop his career if nobody is even entertain by his performance anymore

people looked more disgusted than entertain

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• well when the MC itself need to adress to the public to tell them to watch their reaction when JYP is going to perform

should be a good indicatorr that nobody probably wanted to watch this performance

and a good hint for JYP to stop his career if nobody is even entertain by his performance anymore

people looked more disgusted than entertain

The problem is you are watching clips of the performance with the people only highlighting the people making faces. If you watch the whole performance there were plenty of people that looked like they were enjoying it. Also many people react funny because the ridiculous outfits and make up JYP wears. When JYP finished his performance he received plenty of applause. The problem is people think people don’t like JYP when he is probably of the better liked older artists in the industry.

• Nah wasn’t awful. Thu I agree he isn’t that good of a singer but it doesn’t sound bad either.

Maybe years of listening to Twice's music has made bad singing sound normal to you, I'm not sure. But his pitch was all over the place more than half of the time. Unless you think off-pitch singing sounds good somehow.

• When JYP finished his performance he received plenty of applause.

i saw all the performances entirely sadly :/

and let's be honest most of the people were clapping with no reaction

it was just claps of respect not really because they enjoyed the performance

JYP when he is probably of the better liked older artists in the industry.

says who ? :pepe-joy::pepe-joy:

i've never seen any artist mention jyp as a role model or mention him when talking about singer with who they want to collaborated

even old actor or mc etc... when they have to mention old artist that they enjoy listening to most of the name who come out the most often are Baek Jiyoung, Gummy, kim taewoo, so chanwi.....

so i don't really know where you get this informations

heck is not even invited to most of the show where they invite old singer to sing their old tube

he should look at a PSY performance and then his performance

and understand that when he's not able to sing properly, he should just retire and focus on promoting the group under his agency

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• The problem is you are watching clips of the performance with the people only highlighting the people making faces. If you watch the whole performance there were plenty of people that looked like they were enjoying it. Also many people react funny because the ridiculous outfits and make up JYP wears. When JYP finished his performance he received plenty of applause. The problem is people think people don’t like JYP when he is probably of the better liked older artists in the industry.

The audience as a whole looked way different, much less enthused, during JYP's performance compared to the rest of the entire show. Some worse than others.

• Maybe years of listening to Twice's music has made bad singing sound normal to you, I'm not sure. But his pitch was all over the place more than half of the time. Unless you think off-pitch singing sounds good somehow.

I mean I do think I don’t really focus on pitch too much. Idk. Personally for me I don’t focus on whether someone is technically good. If I like the sound that’s enough for me. Most pop singers aren’t the best of singers anyways.

• The audience as a whole looked way different, much less enthused, during JYP's performance compared to the rest of the entire show. Some worse than others.

Not really plenty of people seemed to enjoy the performance. I mean New Jeans is much more popular and trendy now so comparing them to JYP is a bit silly but I don’t think everyone was not enjoying the performance. Even the lady who is usually first showed was shown last to be clapping and looking like she was enjoying his performance. So again JYP does and wears ridiculous stuff to get silly reactions. He also is cringy as hell at times. It’s what he does

• He was literally invited to perform at the show you supposedly watched every performance on. Like what? Hahaha. Also he has demurely been mentioned often by his former idols and by other idols as someone they like and get along with. Especially as a producer he is highly respected and liked. Dude you have so much hate in yourself you can’t even be objective. JYP is generally liked if not cringed at in Korea. He isn’t some disliked figure.

PSY is a good performer too but people have definitely cringed at PSY as well. Like dude what you on?

Also it’s dumb to act like we can tell how anyone enjoyed the performance. He was generally well received and people clapped during and after his performance so obviously it was so outrageously offensive where people hated it.

• For being the originator of Half Air, Half Sound, I'm surprised at his voice. It's not as airy as I expected considering some of the 2nd gen JYP acts.

All in all, at least he was loud. Being a meme works in favor because people won't criticize a performance if they think it being bad was intentional

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

6132d756b0e360d7f0e2a150433f78a825286b3e.webp

• This thread clocking the jyp asslicker as it should

You can’t compliment someone without being an askisser? Also how is saying he is a mediocre singer but he did pretty well considering his age and him dancing the whole time a great compliment? You think half of Blackpink can do that? They can barely sing and dance without a backtrack in their 20s let’s see them do it in their 50s. Same for some members of twice let’s be real. Some of y’all can Sit down cause the criticism y’all have of JYPs singing can apply to roughly half the Kpop industry being generous

• You can’t compliment someone without being an askisser? Also how is saying he is a mediocre singer but he did pretty well considering his age and him dancing the whole time a great compliment? You think half of Blackpink can do that? They can barely sing and dance without a backtrack in their 20s let’s see them do it in their 50s. Same for some members of twice let’s be real. Some of y’all can Sit down cause the criticism y’all have of JYPs singing can apply to roughly half the Kpop industry being generous

Another member of jyp cult I see

Imagine putting down your own favs to hype up mister geezer

Blackpink know show to hype a crowd and the only thing mister cult knows is to traumatize one

Or maybe that’s what you consider stage presence… considering you stan twice and their vocals traumatize everyone LOL

BLACKPINK ending your favs #126263783939292288282829192929:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• he has demurely been mentioned often by his former idols and by other idols as someone they like and get along with. Especially as a producer he is highly respected and liked

we were talking about him as JYP the artist not the person itself or the producer

never doubted about him being respected as a producer in korea considering the number of hit he have under his hat or as a person considering how his idol seems to like him

but let's be honest, and stop being so delusional, i never see anybody talk about respecting or looking to JYP as a role model or a singer they enjoy watching or listening to

he's maybe respected and like as JY park the person, or as the producer, but we can't say the same thing about JYP the artist, as performer and singer

PSY is a good performer too but people have definitely cringed at PSY as well. Like dude what you on?

like where in my comment did i say that nobody ever cringed at PSY ?

but the thing is that still PSY is still more respected as a performer and singer than JYP, he's still invited to perform in multiple festval and show even if he's no longer a trendy singer just because people know his able to put on a show and entertain people

even idols dancing to his song on show (and not just challenge like jyp, because ofc no idol will refuse to do a challenge with an older artist, out of respect)

just thee fact that they learn the dance and are able to dance to it on a random plaay dance prove how PSY is respected and liked as an artist in Korea

Also it’s dumb to act like we can tell how anyone enjoyed the performance. He was generally well received and people clapped during and after his performance so obviously it was so outrageously offensive where people hated it.

Like reallly are you so delusional and wanting to defend him so badly ?

at one point you need to open the eyes, i guess you clearly didn't watch the same performances than everybody

or maybe you're just blinded by your obvious love for him

Because anybody watching this performance can see that 99% of the audience were clapping with a blank face

the only person who seemed to really enjoy the performance was an old lady but that's it

and the only time most of the public were smiling really was when the actress arrived on stage to dance next to JYP

when he was alone on stage he was receiving no reactions

and it's not just a question of outfit, because when an outfit is weird yes you haave a weird reaction the time to get used but after 30sec, it's no longer surprising and you just move on

but people had blank face during the etire performance, clapping out of respect for the person performing

I hope you know that clapping doesn't mean enjoying a performance ?????

anyway i don't understand why you try so hard to defend him for this bad performance and make it look like most of the people enjoyed it

when anybody with 2 functionning eyes can see that nobody was really entertain by this performance

• Hahaha I don’t think JYP is a good singer. He isn’t a good singer he is just fine. Did you post that Blackpink video as proof of my point? Thanks I guess.

Blackpink and twice are immensely better performers than JYP. My point was that at his age he did pretty well.

Twice is known for their great performances. Also I can’t help but laugh when a fan of Blackpink talks about twices vocals like buddy we in the same boat here. Both our groups aren’t filled with amazing vocalist. Each have like one and I’m sorry but rose is Nayeon or Jeongyeon level vocalist. But both groups are amazing performers. That’s kinda why both have become successful.

If you wanna critique twice vocals at least compare them to like Mamamoo or red velvet. Then you have better standing

• I disagree I think plenty of people enjoyed the performance not everyone was just clapping with blank faces come on now.

Also how is it defending him at all? I said that he did well considering he is old. Y’all want to compare him to 20 year old idols who just finished training and are at the height of their abilities physically.

JYP is a respected performer in Korea. He isn’t considered the best but he wouldn’t be invited on shows to judge and shit if everyone thought he was a completely shit performer.

• He showed more passion and commitment than most idols I see perform recently.

Yes, he is a bit extravagant, which explains some of the audience reaction, but that is his brand. Honestly I feel like people are being this mean to him out of ageism more than anything else and this kinda sucks.

Edited once, last by h28 ().

• He showed more passion and commitment than most idols I see perform recently.

Yes, he is a bit extravagant, which explains some of the audience reaction, but that is his brand. Honestly I feel like people are being this mean to him out of ageism more than anything else and this kinda sucks.

I think people just hate JYP for whatever reason some probably valid and others not so much and thus when they see idols and celebrities make faces at JYPs onstage antics they just assume those celebrities also hate him.

• You can’t compliment someone without being an askisser? Also how is saying he is a mediocre singer but he did pretty well considering his age and him dancing the whole time a great compliment? You think half of Blackpink can do that? They can barely sing and dance without a backtrack in their 20s let’s see them do it in their 50s. Same for some members of twice let’s be real. Some of y’all can Sit down cause the criticism y’all have of JYPs singing can apply to roughly half the Kpop industry being generous

Kinda funny reading that considering how often BP sing audibly live compared to Twice with their overpowering backtrack or straight out lip-sync lmao.

• He's not on pich but atleast he tries, he is really live with almost no backtrack. I rarely see any idols performing with so little backtrack. Tho I do find the performance really cringe, I appreciate how into it he is. Most idols do not seem as passionate as he is when performing live.

And the people saying he should retire idk I personnally won't watch any of his performance but let him perform if he wants to, you don't have to watch.

His song is good atleast

• Huh, ok. It's his choice and he's entitled to it, it wouldn't be my choice. If he was in his '20s or '30s I would've found it more agreeable, but he's already in his '50s, it just makes me think 'do you really still want or need to do stuff like this?'

But I give him that, he is courageous, those were daring choices.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• He’s not on pich but atleast he tries, he is really live with almost no backtrack. I rarely see any idols performing with so little backtrack. Tho I do find the performance really cringe, I appreciate how into it he is. Most idols do not seem as passionate as he is when performing live.

And the people saying he should retire idk I personnally won't watch any of his performance but let him perform if he wants to, you don't have to watch.

His song is good atleast

this is what I’m saying. He isn’t some amazing vocalist at all. But the fact that he can performer decently and sang not terribly while not using a backtrack, he probably should have though, and what appears to be no in-ear is quite good and at the age of 51 is quite good. People just being haters on JYP because the dude is a meme.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!