Whats your groups “crowning achievement?”

• I think for NewJeans its either their MelOn longevity/dominance from debut-present

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or their spotify overtake worldwide

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Not sure what crowning achievement mean

But most recently this happened

Mind you, this is a 2019 song, and Day6 hasn't had a live performance as a group since 2019 (their last album was 2021 but it was unpromoted)

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Just to show the longevity that the band has on SK

:pepelove1::pepelove1:

And it is the most streamed band this year, with no new music

External Content x.com

I have no doubt that their next comeback is going to be huge

• They made the scorpion move popular

they are responsible for the finger heart trend

bop after bop after bop

Barely scandalous except a few stupid ass ones

Saved Woollim from bankruptcy almost disbanded

won no 1 on music shows with a repackaged album, which is incredibly difficult - Paradise 2011

achieved certified all kill on icharts with White Confession 2011

The Chaser was named 2012 K-pop Song of the Year by Billboard Magazine

Yeah just read this tweet..

External Content www.youtube.com

2023 (4:45)

• no offence,,, but doesn’t ador pay for NJ to be on TTH???? 😸😸 & even then their streamz are kinda mediocre compared to otheeers on the chart like jungkook & fifty fifty??,, 🙀🙀 maybe itz just me but i wouldn’t be proud of that…🫠🫠

When you created this account to be a troll, why did you choose the writing style of a 13 year old on MySpace in 2008?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• This moment, this video. Iconic

This video changed lives literally

• Mamamoo: 2018 in its entirety. It had everything. A comeback for each season. One of their biggest hits songs in Starry Night. All the members having successful solos, with Hwasa becoming one of the biggest idols in Korea till this day. Sold out concerts. And BeLisMaMoo--Believe and Listen to Mamamoo. Mamamoo was so popular during this era that they topped the charts with a surprise release and completely unpromoted B side. But numbers aside, musically it was Mamamoo's most diverse year due to the 4 seasons concept.

One comeback per season is something we might not ever see again from a top girl group for a long, long time, and Mamamoo pulled it off.

I'll just throw in that Mamamoo started off with virtually no buzz outside of people in the entertainment industry (mainly due to their CEO/Producer). Their first stage they had no support outside of a few friends and family in the audience. They shared a cheap apartment infested with shower invading roaches. And they built their brand and RBW from the ground up to where it is today:

E1mXamvVoAMiuYl?format=jpg&name=medium

So now I change my answer to Mamamoo becoming arguably the most successful girl group from a no longer is but previously was small company.

680904d6b2ebf1784e15c01ea7065885b4ff7091.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by YamaChwan ().

• BTS - not one thing. There are too many iconic and historic things they did that not one can be chosen but if I had to name a few.

• BTS performing TWO SOLD OUT Shows at the ICONIC Wembley Stadium in 2019 becoming the first asian act to ever do so and one of the few acts in history to do so.
    • Winning Artist of the Year the AMAs becoming the first asian act to ever do so and they followed it immediately by performing at FOUR RECORD BREAKING SOLD OUT SHOWS at SOFI Stadium in 2021
    • Getting awarded the Order of Cultural Merit in 2018 only 5 years into their career, becoming the youngest people in history to receive the award due to on average most people who receive the award having been 30-40 years into their career before receiving it.
    • the ICONIC Daesang sweeps at awards shows like MAMA, MMA, and GDA -- something everyone thought was not possible.
    • Dynamite debuting at #1 on the Hot 100 followed by a 2ND week at #1 after every single pop and kpop stans were saying it would freefall and than it went on to become the song by a Korean act with the most weeks on the hot 100.
    • Their ICONIC Butter Performance at the 2022 GRAMMYS which had everyone on their feet.
    • Turning LAS VEGAS FULLY INTO BORAHEGAS just after the grammys and performing at 4 SOLD OUT SHOWS (accompanied by 4 sold arenas for the Live Play) -- Where at the last show they made their Iconic announcement for Proof that had the stadium shaking.
    • A few other things that I feel are worth mentioning:
      • Butter's insane SPOTIFY and YOUTUBE debuts
      • Dynamite's runs at music shows with 32 wins that caused:
        • Music Core to set a limit on how many can be won
        • Soobin to spend most of his MC time at Music Bank dancing to it ^^
      • Being invited to speak at the UN (on multiple occasions) and White House + being given diplomatic passports.
      • Their nominations for the grammys from 2020-2022 including for Dynamite, Butter, My Universe and YET TO COME.

and so much more.

As I said: BTS truly has too many.

Overall Basically: BTS becoming the most successful korean act in history and one of the biggest artists in the world despite starting from a small company. They truly made it.

• IDK man, but A.C.E was the first KPop-act to chart higher on a Billboard Top200 list (I forgot which one) than Blackpink did back in 2019 who was the highest ranked KPop-act on the same list before them, thats all I can think of. But later on of cause other KPop-acts took over by charting hundret times better than that

Oh and when Rolling Stones Magazine said one of A.C.E's songs was in their personal top10 most favourite KPop-songs of 2020

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• BTS: being the artist with most daesangs (73-75 idk don't remember) in Korean history plus starting from nothing and now probably going down in history as one of the biggest groups of all-time

- being the first k-pop group to be invited (and even be in THE oval office) to the White House

- first asian to Win Artist of The Year at the AMAs

- first kpop group to be nominated for GRAMMYs

- first group to speak & perform at the United Nations

and many more to list for just one page

TWICE: girl group with most daesangs (I think) and their music and choreo

Stray Kids: most streamed 4th gen group on Spotify

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Apink; 13+ years active, for a female group, that is not easy.

And they may hold the record for the most music show wins for a single song, maybe Gfriend broke the record, I can't remember.

• For TWICE I would offer the following as their pinnacle achievement.

Becoming Korea's Nations Girl Group

TWICE was able to become the Korean nation's "Nation's Girl Group". Their special blend of youthful heartfelt music that struck viral chords, in combination with their approachable, girl next door group ethos as well as their personal charm and warm character endeared them to a Korean public who held them up as a model of traditional Korean values and role models Korean youth. Their particular brand of viral cuteness and youthful warmth in conjunction with their accessible, simple, and fun family friendly dances that became national obsessions earned them a beloved status in Korea during their "cute" era, not just with Kpop fans, but with the greater public as well. The members and their personal charm garnered love from the young and old and wider public alike. Their song became national hits, with some even being used in political movements and other causes. TWICE's hit a chord, a special connection and particular ethos that invited all Koreans and non-Korean fans abroad alike, to admire and enjoy, find warmth and emotional reassurance, and above all, to find a little comfort and happiness in Korea's special group. A video I remember from them always underscores the special magic that TWICE was able to achieve. A video of a young Korean mother dancing to TT with her little girl, sharing in TWICE's fun together with her daughter. The little girl knew the choreo moves and tried her best to do them all even in her childish cuteness, while her mother cheered her on smiling. Both mother and daughter beaming and smiling at each other. Enjoying a happy, special moment together. Because of TWICE.

That is their greatest achievement. That feeling. That connection. What they meant during that time for a nation and for all those who found happiness and warmth in their music and dances, in a special group who became a Nation's Girl Group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!