It's really crazy how unproblematic BTS is

• Think of some of the biggest male singers in our history. Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Steven Tyler, Micheal Jackson. They all have some pretty horrible stuff associated with them.

When it comes to massive male kpop idols, Suju and Bigbang had equally massive scandals (rip my Vip heart).

Compared to the level of popularity BTS has it's insane how chill they are, and how comfortable it is to stan them (Yes I know about Jimin's shirt scandal but honestly that's kinda Franz Ferdinands fault if you really think about it and extremely mild compared to the people mentioned above)

Army's are a very lucky fandom (I'm not sucking up to Ves I already have her where I want her)

• We know too little about them. With their status, they might be protected of some sort by the company or they got more cautious of their actions and words since a lot are just waiting for them to make mistakes.

As a fan, I believe they are truly good people. The members themselves mentioned multiple times that they are surrounded with nice people and I interpret that as the members and the people around them are good influences.

• i dont think unproblematic is the right word because bts members have done every single problematic thing in the book other groups are dragged for and deemed problematic specially on twitter, they are basically mamamoo but with a huge fandom that has covered up every mistake (even if they have to lie) and will attack anybody who talks about it. But most of them did mistakes, but committing mistakes dont mean you are a bad person like the examples you mentioned (except michael jackson). So yeah they are not bad people but def they are neither unproblematic.

• what?

they're problematic as hell

their fans just turn a blind eye to everything and say "they're completely different from what they were 2 hours ago" and bully the fuck out of everyone who points out their flaws

if thats a clean image to you then you do you

• i dont think unproblematic is the right word because bts members have done every single problematic thing in the book other groups are dragged for and deemed problematic specially on twitter, they are basically mamamoo but with a huge fandom that has covered up every mistake (even if they have to lie) and will attack anybody who talks about it. But most of them did mistakes, but committing mistakes dont mean you are a bad person like the examples you mentioned (except michael jackson). So yeah they are not bad people but def they are neither unproblematic.

bruh im a VIP and I say this, there is a massive gap between problematic things and actual crimes. Suju and Bigbang have/had actual criminals in the group, it's much much harder stanning them than it is BTS whose scandals are on par with just traditional celeb scandals

edit: btw everyone has a right to their opinion and i dont wanna offend anyone i just made this post to suck up to armies tbh so they give me akorns :pepe-puddle:

• Wrong thread but I'm too lazy to go back, how could you say Yunjin has no hype X(X(X(

• Everyone appears unproblematic until someone else is determined to reveal their private life. You can never truly know what these celebrities engage in behind closed doors or how much they or their management have paid to keep certain matters concealed from the public eye.

For this reason, I would recommend that fans refrain from using the phrase 'my faves are so unproblematic' as a means of boasting. Because if, in the unfortunate event, their favorite celebrity becomes embroiled in a controversy, it's likely that they will appear foolish, as I'm confident that the majority of fans will either deny the allegations or defend their idol. This is despite the fact that when similar situations unfolded with other celebrities, they previously claimed they would never defend such behavior.

• why do I get the vague suspicion this is a set up?

bruh im a VIP and I say this, there is a massive gap between problematic things and actual crimes. Suju and Bigbang have/had actual criminals in the group, it's much much harder stanning them than it is BTS whose scandals are on par with just traditional celeb scandals

edit: btw everyone has a right to their opinion and i dont wanna offend anyone i just made this post to suck up to armies tbh so they give me akorns :pepe-puddle:

the closest thing SJ had to a criminal was Kangin and his DUI but not even the law considered him a criminal since he was let off with a fine. SJ as a whole had their fair share of problematic behaviour and foot in the mouth moments but not at you putting them on the same level as Bigbang whose member literally went to jail and another was involved in both a fatal accident and a shady building business. there is a vast difference between both groups' problems.

• actual criminals in the group, it's much much harder stanning them than it is BTS whose scandals are on par with just traditional celeb scandals

While I agree about the lack of criminal behavior, the "problem" with the word "unproblematic" is that it is based on subjective perception and face it, someone's got a problem with just about anything a celeb does - and like all celebs BTS isn't exempt from that. Someone has got a problem with something they've done - whether that is smoking, to going out with friends during COVID, to wearing the wrong clothes at the wrong time made by the wrong person, oh and but Namjoon!

And I include breathing in the list of things celebs can do wrong, cause lord knows we've seen idiots have a problem with that too. And eating strawberries. That's like, a sin.

• Everyone appears unproblematic until someone else is determined to reveal their private life. You can never truly know what these celebrities engage in behind closed doors or how much they or their management have paid to keep certain matters concealed from the public eye.

For this reason, I would recommend that fans refrain from using the phrase 'my faves are so unproblematic' as a means of boasting. Because if, in the unfortunate event, their favorite celebrity becomes embroiled in a controversy, it's likely that they will appear foolish, as I'm confident that the majority of fans will either deny the allegations or defend their idol. This is despite the fact that when similar situations unfolded with other celebrities, they previously claimed they would never defend such behavior.

This is going to sound creepy but I remember u making a thread about bp being unproblematic 🫣

• why do I get the vague suspicion this is a set up?

the closest thing SJ had to a criminal was Kangin and his DUI but not even the law considered him a criminal since he was let off with a fine. SJ as a whole had their fair share of problematic behaviour and foot in the mouth moments but not at you putting them on the same level as Bigbang whose member literally went to jail and another was involved in both a fatal accident and a shady building business. there is a vast difference between both groups' problems.

It's not a setup I promise. I was legit praising bts cos as a bigbang fan I had to go through a lot of dirt when the top scandal happened and I'm just sharing my experience with army's and how they have it good. I'm not an army but I really like BTS so this isn't a setup I was legit praising them.

I'm not gonna discuss daesang cos I feel like that's an unfair point you made given the accident was something out of his fault, but I'm sorry if I said anything unfair about Suju I actually didn't know they were still Elf's here or I would refrain from mentioning them as to not offend anyone.

Actually this whole post got messy Ves I'm sorry can you delete please :bts9:

• Cause people who don't want others thinking BTS isn't problematic are now going to list why they find BTS problematic.

NOOO VES I promise this wasn't the case I was legit saying that Army's have it good because as a VIP I can't even tell people my fandom without them judging me for being a ****** ***. I do like BTS fuckkkk without them we wouldn't have LE SSERAFIM or HONG EUNCHAE like that's literally grounds to worship bts on. Honestly I didn't think about the fact that a thread of them being better than John Lennon would draw out anti's but I see now that that happened. I'm sorry can you delete pls :prisonerpepe:

• I wouldn't call a group who did :

• Colorist joke
    • Used the n word
    • Made a whole sexist song
    • Made a whole photoshoot in a holocaust memorial
    • Wore nazi outfit
    • Think it's funny and that "talking black" is a talent
    • Etc ....

Unproblematic but well at the end of the day each people have their own criteria of what's problematic or not

And if it's what you think non problematic than yes they aren't problematic for you

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Colorist joke
    • Used the n word
    • Wore nazi outfit
    • Etc ....

Unproblematic but well at the end of the day each people have their own criteria of what's problematic or not

And if it's what you think non problematic than yes they aren't problematic for you

Says the SM/SNSD stan with favs that called one of its members the "BLACK PEARL" and also a member who said Alicia Keys is pretty for a black woman, wore Nazi inspired hats for Genie, had a member that posted the rising sun as a Korean, stans a member who has been on camera multiple times making fun of how black women talk (even very recently when she was born in the US) the list goes on too. This was not a bat call for BTS antis to flock to even tho OP is one, not an ARMY, and comparing the level of fame BTS has to whoever OP stans that actually did illegal shit. Don't start this tit-for-tat game when SM artists have been on camera making the most racist ass comments/gestures/mocking our features for years on end.

Anyways I do not understand non-ARMY making posts like this about BTS? It's not just you, OP. It seems to be a broader issue at large on this website. The trolls I can understand but not regular users who swear up and down they do not stan or care for BTS but want ARMY engagement.

• NOOO VES I promise this wasn't the case I was legit saying that Army's have it good because as a VIP I can't even tell people my fandom without them judging me for being a ****** ***. I do like BTS fuckkkk without them we wouldn't have LE SSERAFIM or HONG EUNCHAE like that's literally grounds to worship bts on. Honestly I didn't think about the fact that a thread of them being better than John Lennon would draw out anti's but I see now that that happened. I'm sorry can you delete pls :prisonerpepe:

I am not saying I think you set them up on purpose, but not everyone is as jaded as I am. Of couse they came running as predicted. It's kinda sad that my first thought is almost always how something can be twisted, but were we jaded folks wrong? It's a sick sad world and being on social media puts that front and center. Innocence lost.

• Says the SM/SNSD stan with favs that called one of its members the "BLACK PEARL" and also a member who said Alicia Keys is pretty for a black woman, wore Nazi inspired hats for Genie, had a member that posted the rising sun as a Korean, stans a member who has been on camera multiple times making fun of how black women talk (even very recently when she was born in the US) the list goes on too. This was not a bat call for BTS antis to flock to even tho OP is one, not an ARMY, and comparing the level of fame BTS has to whoever OP stans that actually did illegal shit. Don't start this tit-for-tat game when SM artists have been on camera making the most racist ass comments/gestures/mocking our features for years on end.

Anyways I do not understand non-ARMY making posts like this about BTS? It's not just you, OP. It seems to be a broader issue at large on this website. The trolls I can understand but not regular users who swear up and down they do not stan or care for BTS but want ARMY engagement.

Problematic commenrs were made by idols from every single company and group. It is ahat it is, I don't even understand what you were trying to say lol

If anyone here is looking for perfectly innocent 100% unproblematic human being/idol, I fear you will find no one.

• Just pointing out that OP isn't ARMY.

my point still stands.

This is going to sound creepy but I remember u making a thread about bp being unproblematic 🫣

And I also remember that this Thread was about them getting massive hate and people disliking them with passion even though they haven’t committed anything to warrant that. I wasn’t using it to brag lol

If you want a gotcha moment at least check the facts first Lmfao

• Colorist joke
    • Used the n word
    • Wore nazi outfit
    • Etc ....

Tbh many of these things (also done by other Idols) are only seen as problematic to I-fans and not necessarily Koreans (except a few). And I would also see it more as honest mistakes rather than deep rooted bigotry or whatsoever, caused by ignorance because of cultural differences.

These were often one time mistakes and not a repetitive behavior, so I don’t know how this makes someone problematic :/

But that’s my opinion.

• Says the SM/SNSD stan with favs that called one of its members the "BLACK PEARL" and also a member who said Alicia Keys is pretty for a black woman, wore Nazi inspired hats for Genie, had a member that posted the rising sun as a Korean, stans a member who has been on camera multiple times making fun of how black women talk (even very recently when she was born in the US) the list goes on too. This was not a bat call for BTS antis to flock to even tho OP is one, not an ARMY, and comparing the level of fame BTS has to whoever OP stans that actually did illegal shit. Don't start this tit-for-tat game when SM artists have been on camera making the most racist ass comments/gestures/mocking our features for years on end.

Isn’t it that SM Stan that was defending Giselle for saying the n word and then chose for a few days a badge of the group Flo when they were called out?

• Now that we are in this topic, one of the things that I hate the most in tiktok is the lists of problematic things idols have done. Let's be honest, I think all of us have done things that would be called problematic by entitled kpop stans.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Colorist joke
    • Used the n word
    • Wore nazi outfit
    • Etc ....

Saying this as a Sone/Reveluv is already crazy but you're also saying this while named after the most colorist member in SNSD 😭

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!