Why is YG the only company with good Youtube views left? (Babymonster and Blackpink)

• Hybe groups kinda tank except Jungkook's solo meanwhile Blackpink and Babymonster are thriving. Babymonster pre-debut song got more views and likes than Hybe (Boynextdoor) and SM (Riize) official debut songs. So why is YG so ahead on Youtube?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not YG that still has high views. Just take a look at the view counts for Winner or AKMU.

Blackpink does, and Baby Monster is benefiting from that "halo effect" since they're seen as their successors.

this.

aslo BP took part on the coaching program.

Yg was smart and didn`t make them part of the selection process.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Relevant queen getting more profits from ticket sales because of their organic popularity all around the world. They really should touring in latam whole month because many views come from there too. But it's actually crazy with youtube chart, it seems harder to gain organic streams there than spotify, cause you can't just loop it and it's hard to find popular playlist system on youtube.

• Why do you like to ignore treasure ?

1. Jikjin - 127 574 784 views

2. Boy - 121 005 589 views

3. I love you- 110 025 838 views

4. Going Cray - 94 069 671 views

5. Hello - 76 549 412 views

6. MMM - 65 815 349 views

7. Bona Bona - 57 989 060 views

8. Move - 51 941 478 views

9. My treasure - 49 748 521 views

• Because they aren't black pink?

Nobody says that yge paid for bp views. Nobody

maybe you didn`t read that IN THIS THREAD. But i have read that on many ocassions. They can`t bare that BP has ANYTHING organically.

so then they go by "IT´S IS ALL SEA WORK" , and if Sea is the main reason ok. But the use it in a way belittling Sea people. It looks like Sea views has half the worth of Korean or western views. People with that attittude- that some people are 2º or 3º category are the worst.

sorry i don`t say it to berate YOU, i know you are a kind user here. :send-love-bunny:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Cause gap between SEA and the rest when it comes to Youtube consumption has increased even further. With the rise of streaming services, the west listens to music less and less on Youtube. But in SEA + India it is still high

• maybe you didn`t read that IN THIS THREAD. But i have read that on many ocassions. They can`t bare that BP has ANYTHING organically.

so then they go by "IT´S IS ALL SEA WORK" , and if Sea is the main reason ok. But the use it in a way belittling Sea people. It looks like Sea views has half the worth of Korean or western views. People with that attittude- that some people are 2º or 3º category are the worst.

sorry i don`t say it to berate YOU, i know you are a kind user here. :send-love-bunny:

I know. How kpop fans treat SEA people is disgusting. It's only the west or Korea and japan. that's it. When people use the term "international", they mean the west. That's it.

The other day when billboard charts were released someone on twitter had the audacity to say that the most important chart in the world is billboard and especially hot 100?? And those are the same people who preach how racism is bad.

"X group is only popular in sea countries", and? Is that supposed to be an insult? They are people like everyone else and they treat them as half humans. Disgusting.

Also, how much delulu can one be to deny that bp are the biggest gg today? Not in kpop but in general. They've been on top for SEVEN YEARS, their fans are as passionate as ever. Not many groups have that privilege. Look at today's kpop scenes, kpop fans are so fickle. And bp are still going strong.

Congrats!

• maybe you didn`t read that IN THIS THREAD. But i have read that on many ocassions. They can`t bare that BP has ANYTHING organically.

I mean for other groups too a lot of views come from SEA. Not a bad thing SEA has some dedicated ass fans for every group. For streaming, YouTube views everything. They are amazing at that shit.

• You tube is the biggest streaming platform in korea, japan and India infact you tube is most streaming platform all over Asia and even in us too the top songs in youtube get more streams than top songs in Spotify

• You tube is the biggest streaming platform in korea, japan and India infact you tube is most streaming platform all over Asia and even in us too the top songs in youtube get more streams than top songs in Spotify

That's not the point of our convo above.

I know youtube is the most popular there, i already said it. It's also the most popular in my country (southeast europe) by far.

The convo was about kpop fans belittling sea fans in general

• You all can not blame China for this, YouTube is not legally allowed there. (VPN usage does happen).

• I know. How kpop fans treat SEA people is disgusting. It's only the west or Korea and japan. that's it. When people use the term "international", they mean the west. That's it.

Recently a very nugu group had to close all their social media accounts because they were being bullied for their visuals, weight.

One of the attacks was something like "I thought it was a Vietnamese group based on the looks".

The SEA racism is strong in Korea.

The criticisms was on Pann, that site is very problematic.

External Content twitter.com

• At least Koreans are openly racist, international fans who say "but they are only popular is sea countries" aren't even aware they are racist. They talk about diversity and inclusion and they consider one group of people as less worthy

• It definitely sn't. I was just trying to point out international fans' hypocrisy

I mean if we want to talk hypocrisy Koreans will crucify anyone who posts a burning son symbols or anything even close to that but whenever THEIR racism gets pointed out it's "well they're racist too so why does it matter?". They're all hypocrites. So I guess what I'm saying in fuck em racists.

• I mean if we want to talk hypocrisy Koreans will crucify anyone who posts a burning son symbols or anything even close to that but whenever THEIR racism gets pointed out it's "well they're racist too so why does it matter?". They're all hypocrites. So I guess what I'm saying in fuck em racists.

Rising sun…

。・:*˚:✧。  :borahae::borahae: 。・:*˚:✧。⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

• I honestly don't get this logic of "BTS don't do well on YouTube". In the last 12 months, BTS have 5.85b views on YouTube. And they haven't released anything as a group in the last year. They were 3rd most streamed artist on YouTube in 2022 if I'm not wrong. Blackpink was ahead of them only last year. Before they announced "break", they have stayed clear of Blackpink on YouTube always.

Granted that they aren't doing as well as before since then which is being #1 like they used to be. But that doesn't mean they are not doing well. They are still the most streamed artist in YouTube history. Have 2 channels with 75m+ subscribers. Still the only artist to get 100m+ views on 2 songs in 24 hrs. And many more YT records. They will be back to being #1 once they come back.

• All I know is that armys have relocated to Spotify lol

I agree completely. At least, most armys have moved to Spotify. lol

I guess it just remains to be seen if anyone from can beat BTS's 108 Million views in 24 hours and/or the 3 Million You Tube concurrent viewers title. Both during the Butter era.

It's been a couple of years and BTS still holds the title. Anything can happen, I guess.

• I agree completely. At least, most armys have moved to Spotify. lol

I guess it just remains to be seen if anyone from can beat BTS's 108 Million views in 24 hours and/or the 3 Million You Tube concurrent viewers title. Both during the Butter era.

It's been a couple of years and BTS still holds the title. Anything can happen, I guess.

That record was made in a unique setting too. We had a pandemic and people had time on their hands. I’ll be more impressed if BTS breaks this record their next cb

• Youtube pays artists very little so many fans have moved to paid streaming platforms so their fave artists can earn a little more. This is the case with ARMY and also I think with MOA and LUNÉ. Paid streaming is encouraged so that artists will at least make slightly more than beans per stream.

I exclusively use Apple Music, which doesn't have free accounts at all, and I pay for YouTube Premium so that my Youtube views will count for more since they're also paid streams.

(I don't have a paid Spotify account because I HATE Spotify)

• Youtube pays artists very little so many fans have moved to paid streaming platforms so their fave artists can earn a little more. This is the case with ARMY and also I think with MOA and LUNÉ. Paid streaming is encouraged so that artists will at least make slightly more than beans per stream.

I exclusively use Apple Music, which doesn't have free accounts at all, and I pay for YouTube Premium so that my Youtube views will count for more since they're also paid streams.

(I don't have a paid Spotify account because I HATE Spotify)

that was never the reason...they moved to spotify immediately after Billboard revised their Hot 100 formula that gave more weight to premium streaming services and less weight to youtube views.

• that was never the reason...they moved to spotify immediately after Billboard revised their Hot 100 formula that gave more weight to premium streaming services and less weight to youtube views.

Both reasons are true. I was there for all of it on Twitter. I did forget about about the Hot 100 thing though.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!