newjeans global fandom is so small which makes them undesirable for the western industry

• i think nj fandom is just too chill to bother with voting so much.

that's also because no group really is a competition for them except BTS or BP. So why bother so much wining against them in voting? NJs impact numbers sells already speaks for themselves.

Also both of these groups (BTS&BP) specially BTS has a beast like fandom so why even bother voting again?

I think nj fandom just wants to enjoy the music, the girls and just chill. All this fandom wars/competition are a bit last generation smh. Also nj has a lot of casual listeners as well. And they're not going to vote.

• No beside BP and twice all GG lack a core fanbase :pepe-high-five: Since most of the time GG are carried by the GP they don’t bother

• newjeans have more casual fans. Thats the answer. They havent build that hardcore stan base which do all the votings, ads, truck protests etc

Someone might bring up their album sales. Trust me, their albums are interesting enough that's why a lot of casual fans will buy. Sales are not driven by bulk buy from hardcore fans. They are not driven by fansign (they barely have any, only 1 or 2 videocall event) or photocards (fixed inclusion, u get a set when buy an album, no randomised sh*t).

• No beside BP and twice all GG lack a core fanbase :pepe-high-five: Since most of the time GG are carried by the GP they don’t bother

It's way too soon to say nj lacks a core fanbase, they're just 1 year old rookies. I wonder what kinda fandom twice had in 2016...

Moreover except voting, a lot of people actually shows up for NJ like festivals, stores, merchandise, album sales etc...

This core fandom may behave differently tho...

• ggs never depend on voting to win something so their fanbases aren't as driven as bg fandoms, except for the 3rd gen fandoms since they've existed for a decade lol

• ggs never depend on voting to win something so their fanbases aren't as driven as bg fandoms, except for the 3rd gen fandoms since they've existed for a decade lol

7 years for blackpink but bp fanbase was already big in their second or third year ( internationally) if not earlier same with twice I actually think their fanbase was big second year

• Ive has a big fandom in Korea though and Izone also had a bit fanbase maybe they lack international fanbase

Aespa has a decent fanbase in Korea as well

I don't personally think girl groups in general lack much fanbase in Korea nowdays just internationally

Buying albums is different than voting, attending concerts etc.

I’m a dive but it’s common acknowledge in the fandom that we lack in voting a BG can sell 100k copies and they would still win over IVE. Ive is carried by their digital power.

• Buying albums is different than voting, attending concerts etc.

I’m a dive but it’s common acknowledge in the fandom that we lack in voting a BG can sell 100k copies and they would still win over IVE. Ive is carried by their digital power.

I'm talking about Korea (not internationally). You know that Kcharts are also fandom driven ( yes they are liked by GP ) but fandom helps too imo their success in Korea is because they have both which is a good thing if you ask me and why I always thought they were they most successful out of other 4tg gen ggs.

Didn't they sell out their concert in Korea super fast they definitely have a relatively big fandom it's definitely not small and they have 2 of the most popular members from Izone and an it girl .

• 7 years for blackpink but bp fanbase was already big in their second or third year if not earlier same with twice I actually think their fanbase was big second year

Let's not lie, they are big but definitely still unable to win over bg in voting especially for awards like this. The situation is just the same with gg today. GG just never really that dedicated in voting. Nj is just a year old group and achieving a lot of things within their fandom. We can agree they have huge fanbase too.

• Let's not lie, they are big but definitely still unable to win over bg in voting especially for awards like this.

they have won over boy groups but OP isn't wrong nj international fanbase is on the smaller side though blackpink and twice had a bigger fanbase than them on their second year . I only mentioned them bc someone brought them up and keep in mind that groups nowadays are more global than back then

edit: I don't know why new jeans fans have an issue admitting an area that they still are lacking a bit like them having a smaller international fanbase while it's true that bp is much bigger now they did have a relatively international fanbase for a girl group back then. Having a big fanbase was one of the strengths bp and twice have over other girl groups

• 50k plus at Lola is all you need to know.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• really weird take

they were placed against an established boy group w large fanbase from the same label -- it was doomed from the start. they could beat almost anyone else though!

NJ are doing great in the West and have only started a fraction of their journey here. Once they tour and become a regular US presence, it's over for a lot of people who want to downplay their impact.

• they have won over boy groups but OP isn't wrong nj international fanbase is on the smaller side though blackpink and twice had a bigger fanbase than them on their second year . I only mentioned them bc someone brought them up and keep in mind that groups nowadays are more global than back then

What voting? A small one like mushow? Did they ever won in a year end award show that including voting for both bg and gg?

Internationally, how you want to measure their popularity when kpop has no awards like VMA before when both group just a rookie. VMA is considered like a huge award for kpop groups and Nj is barely a year old group. So the only thing we can compare is their international achievements during Nj,BP and Twice rookie year. If we compared Nj international achievements in just 1 year to both BP and twice in their first year, do you still think they have smaller international fanbase?

• I'm talking about Korea (not internationally). You know that Kcharts are also fandom driven ( yes they are liked by GP ) but fandom helps too imo their success in Korea is because they have both which is a good thing if you ask me and why I always thought they were they most successful out of other 4tg gen ggs.

Didn't they sell out their concert in Korea super fast they definitely have a relatively big fandom it's definitely not small and they have 2 of the most popular members from Izone and an it girl .

Well I’m talking about overall. And they lack fandom power and even in Korea BG have a hardcore fanbase. ;judgingpepe: A BG with no hits could do GSK Or Jamsil while so far not a single 4th gen GG have done KSPO dome

• they have won over boy groups but OP isn't wrong nj international fanbase is on the smaller side though blackpink and twice had a bigger fanbase than them on their second year . I only mentioned them bc someone brought them up and keep in mind that groups nowadays are more global than back then

This is a fantasy.

BP absolutely weren't winning any major award show voting back then. At all.

You can just look at the voting for the Melon Music Awards and see how the best girl group votes totaled out.

They sure as hell weren't getting more votes than the top boy groups

Twice had a STRONG SKor fanbase back then. Their votings are on top tier for GG. Blinks couldnt stand a chance against them

• 7 years for blackpink but bp fanbase was already big in their second or third year if not earlier same with twice I actually think their fanbase was big second year

LOL NO

BP were mocked for having 10 blinks in SKor for years. Their voting were terrible. BP back then never depend on voting to win hence they always lose on Mucore which has high dependency on voting (now voting can be done by overseas fans). Twice was big since Cheer Up

• LOL NO

BP were mocked for having 10 blinks in SKor for years. Their voting were terrible. BP back then never depend on voting to win hence they always lose on Mucore which has high dependency on voting (now voting can be done by overseas fans). Twice was big since Cheer Up

I know all this I was there too but read the title of the thread wasn't it clear I'm talking internationally not Korea? I actually wanted to make the example that bp fanbase iin korea was smaller in contrast to new jeans back then

• someone who makes sense.

NJ have mor casual listeners since they are doing good in streams anyways. casual listeners don’t vote much.

Yes, and for a rookie group, this is completely fine, they don't need crazy fans that stalk them on sns and bulk buy 1000 albums

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• They are the leading new asian girl group.

McDonalds and Coke are giving free marketing in Asian. If you had money to burn like McDonalds and Coke, they would be your pick to help market your product, especially in Asia to younger people.

In the West, you would get a white actor or actress. Conversely a white actor or actress is not going to as effective in Asia. It is what is it.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!