Did HYBE make a mistake debuting WONHEE when all international fans hate her?

• My understanding is that many Koreans like that she is in

but in same time many Koreans are unhappy that Jeemin and Jeongeun didn't make it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She's the most popular in Korea and China and top 5 in Japan, I don't think they'll lose sleep over twitter stans

But in global votes she was 9th. Her votes was highest because Korean votes become 70%. I-fans are planning to boycott groups with minors. Look at Newjeans, many refused to support them because of their age, what if people also boycotted this group.

IMG_7874.jpeg

• The girl who made it at #1:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The girl who didn't make it:

This is a crime ;(

• But in global votes she was 9th. Her votes was highest because Korean votes become 70%. I-fans are planning to boycott groups with minors. Look at Newjeans, many refused to support them because of their age, what if people also boycotted this group.

IMG_7874.jpeg

Sure, and I'm saying that matters little. You split hat up by country and those numbers mean a lot less when you consider who accounts for a majority of sales for these idols.

Oh new jeans?

The biggest GG of Gen 4?

That New Jeans?

I know you enjoy sayin braindead shit but I'll put it in simple terms you can undersand.

Talk is cheap.

• Yeah they may have success but they should spend time at school not in this toxic industry. I think people are just concerned iroha/wonhee will be mistreated like newjeans with their problematic CEO.

• I mean ....... I shouldn't say too much later people say I'm hating on her

But she has the stage presence of a pineapple

of all fruits to choose from to make your point you picked pineapple aka one of the most flavourful and exotic of them all? Pineapple sweetie ;(

• Yeah they may have success but they should spend time at school not in this toxic industry. I think people are just concerned iroha/wonhee will be mistreated like newjeans with their problematic CEO.

boss, I have seen how people have treated those girls.

Hell, this thread is on the people who are "so called" concerned.

It's a crock of shit, like most kpop virtue signals. They don't give a shit

• Yes Yes Yes

She was the only person in the audition who said her role model was the 1,344 years old who contributed nothing to KPop

I cannot bear it showing up in Palette because of Wonhee.

• I just want to drop this.

External Content youtu.be

• Just like her role model who is popular in Korea and China and completely irrelevant outside of there

Yknock, that's weird. I thought your whole thing was global relevance... but suddenly IU mattering in the largest country on the planet with the biggest population is irrelevant?

I guess international power doesn't actually matter when it doesn't let you do your stupid ancient aliens thinly veiled racist brain worm conspiracy fuckery. But we all knew that already.

How about doing what you're good at rather than quote me.

Maybe try and compare BTS to the battle of waterloo or some equally asininely dumb as shit thing.

• China is still closed to KPop and KPop acts cannot do concerts there and any sales there are just circumstantial, all added to Korean numbers

• China is still closed to KPop and KPop acts cannot do concerts there and any sales there are just circumstantial, all added to Korean numbers

circumstantial

fucking lol.

Yeah, I should expect this level of material and economic analysis from a guy who couldn't understand the economic and culural loss fifty fifty incured by not having spotlight with the barbie movie

• Maybe Bang PD wants to make his very own Izone? We already saw what happens when you rig a group vs when you don't, just look at the difference in public reception to Izone vs Kepler. I'm pretty sure BangPD saw that and NOPED OUT of losing control of the casting process.

Hybe obviously has some of the best casting professionals around, every single group of theirs from Enhypen to TXT to LSRFM and NJ and of course BTS has enjoyed runaway success. Letting rando Joe Q Public determine literally the most important success factor for your new multimillion dollar investment instead of relying on your talent acquisition pros....just the height of idiocy for any company tbh.

• Hey, disingenuous fckwit, any reason in particular, for the quotes you screenshot, you left of the views, likes, quotes and comments?

ANY REASON IN PARTICULAR?

fuckwit1.JPGfuckwit2.JPGfuckwit3.JPGfuckwit4.JPG

Most of the quotes are negative, what's your point? Find me a hate comment against another member that has this many likes

External Content twitter.com

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• Maybe Bang PD wants to make his very own Izone? We already saw what happens when you rig a group vs when you don't, just look at the difference in public reception to Izone vs Kepler. I'm pretty sure BangPD saw that and NOPED OUT of losing control of the casting process.

Hybe obviously has some of the best casting professionals around, every single group of theirs from Enhypen to TXT to LSRFM and NJ and of course BTS has enjoyed runaway success. Letting rando Joe Q Public determine literally the most important success factor for your new multimillion dollar investment instead of relying on your talent acquisition pros....just the height of idiocy for any company tbh.

But here's the thing: the public actually wants the group to not have minors to protect them, while Hybe clearly wants minors. It's not about success. Wonyoung may be successful but she definitely regrets debuting early at 14, getting all those hate comments. Imagine if Wonyoung debuts now instead of 14, she would have better mental capacity to deal with hate.

• are y'all adults really interested in stanning these children? their innocent makeup makes it feels like a crime to stan them idk

Yeah, one of the judges, lee hyun are always caught smiling/cheesing at minor contestants. Some are really concerned for the minors since Hybe has problematic staffs like Min Heejin, Zico, Lee hyun,...It's good to boycott this group

• from what I'm seeing from this thread she is a minor, right? hmmm people seem to how do I say it toxic towards her,look I understand she is not that talented and needs a lot of improvement but will cussing her out and calling her names really fix anything, like more if you are an adult bro. I did not watch this show I won't lie to you survival shows are not my thing cause lets be honest they aren't that great, and the fact that a 12 year old was in this show was simply a no no. You guys can petition and call out the rigging in the show but damn remember that kid is a minor,lol even if there were strings pull for her to get into the show remember that she herself does not have the power to do it.

• BRUH SHE ACTUALLY MADE IT, NOT ONLY THAT SHE GOT NO.1?

:pepe-joy:

of course she got number 1 when international fans weren't allowed to vote during final episode...

Bang PD didn't even show in person...

he just one time recorded short video like trainees hwaiting or some shit

he is way too busy with meeting some people in US or some other chaebols xD

btw. one thing you are close to is that they clearly went for something that already work out, Le Sserafim at start was 4K + 2J, and here it's same formula

• she only trained for like a month. she's an incredibly awkward performer. i'm not in disbelief that they rigged her in bc it was obvious they were going to but she's lacking in literally every category. wild.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• she only trained for like a month. she's an incredibly awkward performer. i'm not in disbelief that they rigged her in bc it was obvious they were going to but she's lacking in literally every category. wild.

then why would they rig her in if she's a bad performer, gets hated by i-fans and is a minor. shouldn't they wait for her to train more?

• Her 1-pick and 2-pick is strong. If the show goes 1-pick likes other survival show, she still end up in the debut line-up.

xD it was final episode, and she was #1 voted trainee

but like I said international fans couldn't vote during final episode

don't get me wrong had nothing against her, could have her in my team as 5-6 member wouldn't see a problem

• then why would they rig her in if she's a bad performer, gets hated by i-fans and is a minor. shouldn't they wait for her to train more?

koreans love her visuals. they didn't care about her having the same charisma as a potted plant. but the second she fucks up during a performance or an encore stage they'll turn on her and that sucks

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!