Is R.M. about to get cancelled?

• Will the woke go after RM? 64

The result is only visible to the participants.

Dude just liked a song.

[BTW, some female idol/Trainee was forced to apologize for singing the song a few days ago]

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Meh, I wouldn’t cancel anyone over this but then again I am an atheist 🤷🏻‍♂️

I believe RM is also an atheist, or at least agnostic.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

• Y’all should be ashamed to use other people religions, or races or struggles for your stupid fanwars. K-pop stans being pathetic as usual.

• When someone had to explain what the song is about tells you how dumb kpoppies are.

Any way they can throw shade, they will do it without using whatever 2 cells left of their brains.

• looking at the lyrics it seems like when he says "don't hurt me" it's just him not understanding what the Arabic means not him specificlly going after Islam; tbh I don't really understand at all how it could be seen as a direct attack on Islam (unless ofc you want to see it that way and then get outraged). Like literally the last lyrics are

It's a, it's a bad religion

To be in love with someone

Who could never love you

Oh-oh-oh, only bad, only bad religion

Could have me feeling the way I do

so it seems pretty clearly to be about unrequited love, or maybe religion in general

• It has two meanings, or the same meaning just towards two things. The unrequited love is towards a man, but also god. When the cab driver says “God is good” and he says don’t curse me, it’s because god hates gays.

The cyanamide in a styrofoam cup, is alcohol, symbolizing him drinking himself to death, but also referencing god can’t love him because he’s a sinner.

I think muslims are overreacting (i’d say like usual but :/). Not to mention, he says I a lot, meaning this is very personal, he’s not saying others can’t practice, he just can’t seem himself practicing a religion.

It’s honestly a really powerful song, which is why RM probably likes it.

• Like I get it I think anyone can be upset about it and that’s understandable I don’t want to dismiss that.

Maybe he shouldn’t post publicly because people r sensitive about religion and criticism on it which I get.

The song meaning in general is very clear about one sided love, being in love with people that don’t want you, following religions that will never love u idk

• When someone had to explain what the song is about tells you how dumb kpoppies are.

Any way they can throw shade, they will do it without using whatever 2 cells left of their brains.

The power of ARMY, even Frank Ocean gets to enjoy their power.

• Like I get it I think anyone can be upset about it and that’s understandable I don’t want to dismiss that.

Maybe he shouldn’t post publicly because people r sensitive about religion and criticism on it which I get.

The song meaning in general is very clear about one sided love, being in love with people that don’t want you, following religions that will never love u idk

Sounds like kpop stans love :whistling:

• i have a question

why cant you hate religions ( any, not just islam ) in the first place?

they are built from the ground up on unproven lies and have caused more damage than many other hated societal evils, and most of the time directly CAUSE and promote societal evils

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• i have a question

they are built from the ground up on unproven lies and have caused more damage than many other hated societal evils, and most of the time directly CAUSE and promote societal evils

I guess it is sensitive topic for some people. I have even heard it is racism if you criticize certain religions.

• I am gonna get cancelled for saying it, but muslims atleast in my country are extremely homophobic, I can't even tell my sister that I like to watch some LGBTQ shows with the fear of being outcasted by my family.

Though the song is not badmouthing islam, I completely understand if a singer/gay person actually wants to release their frustration against any religion through their art, because religious fanatics are the main reason why these people are treated horribly by society, many can't even say their feelings out loud due to the fear of getting killed. But you can't understand this if you are not living in a conservative, religious country.Every minute feels like hell and getting suffocated.

• This situation has revealed very clearly to me that kpop stans dont actually care about anything of substance with their fake outrage and only care about dragging idols they hate. Because if they did actually care they would have canceled their own favs "disrespecting" whatever fake outrage they have for anything of substance.

And I just have to say, how is it thru RM (and the weird hyper fixation with BTS) did this situation boomerang onto someone else :skull:

I keep saying it but one fandom has a humiliation kink and now a self drag kink. Always in BTS free weverse lives and putting their noses into BTS business when ARMY DGAF about doing the same to their favs. Then gets their favs dragged and starts playing the Berlin Olympics of victimization. :eyeroll-pepe:

Anyways, to Muslim ARMY, I have no right to speak over you, but I hope you know the same man who has Free Palestine memorabilia in his home and has been very respectful to Muslim ARMY for years would never intentionally hurt you. He did the horrible sin of being a BTS member and carelessly forgetting that he has to be extra careful about everything or this faux outrage will ensue every single time. :pepe-shame:

More from Genius writer:

It's really hilarious how this is an issue today but wasn't back in April of this year anywhere on the internet.

Summary in one tweet

• Locals are getting involved and DRAGGING kpop fans for filth for stepping where they don't belong on this. As they should for refusing to use their reading comprehension skills and acting like this was all malicious on RM's part. They are not music listeners and are only interested in fan war drama.

• [BTW, some female idol/Trainee was forced to apologize for singing the song a few days ago]

ok, I was wrong it was a different song, she is a trainee in a new survival show, so she does not have the power of a fandom to support her. [I also think she wrote the lyrics]

• i have a question

You can i for one hate all the religions why should I not dislike them when they are all about hate towards me?

Heh, dickheads successfully Streisand Effect'ed a 12 year old song. LOVE IT.

And fuck no RM (or any other kpop artist that shared/referenced this song) shouldn't apologise. Religious people should apologise to others for expecting us to follow their arbitrary, fictional rules and getting all poo poo pants at us for not.

• Locals are getting involved and DRAGGING kpop fans for filth for stepping where they don't belong on this.

And honestly, it’s well deserved. Channel Orange is a critically beloved album in basically every music circle. And bad religion is synonymous with Frank Ocean coming out publicly back in 2012 when black male artists just didn’t do that. It’s also one of his best songs.

• Bts members and their love for problematic shit...

So he had previously done misogynistic stuff and racist stuff in past and now Islamophobic stuff is new addition.

Nobody's surprised

I just said what everyone wants to say but can't say cuz reasons...

Everyone? Check this thread. You're basically copping to being in the hive with the rest of the pathetic twitter morons who are using this to try to start fanwars. LMAO. Good for you!

• This thread contains 136 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!