TWICE's Chaeyoung wore a MAGA QAnon Trump supporter tank top. Is she going to get cancelled?

• She should know better. How long has Twice been studying English? To many the Q sign is a symbol of hate like the Nazi symbol. Even Trump will go to jail for crimes against humanity and racism. But kpop fans have become so right wing lately, I wouldn't be surprised they don't care.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cassidy-qanon-trump.jpg

10642271-466e-4c7d-bdc8-42e944914ec6.jpeg?crop=1560%2C1040%2Cx0%2Cy0

• Yes because when I think of Qanon, Chaeyoung is the first person that comes to mind :pepefacepalm:

There's still a good chunk of people in the US that don't know fully what Qanon is, so expecting a non-fluent Korean girl to know it makes perfect sense.

This isn't even being woke

This is fake at its peak

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I'm giving Chaeyoung the benefit of the doubt obviously. But her and her coordinators and fans should know what that symbol represents.

And about US people not knowing about the hate group Q, it really doesn't bode well because they were responsible for creating conspiracies that led to the January 6, 2021 insurrection on the capital of the United States.

Jan. 6 mob 'ringleader,' QAnon follower sentenced in Capitol attack
    QAnon follower Doug Jensen was sentenced Friday in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack after leading led mob that chased Capitol Police officer Eugene Goodman.
    abcnews.go.com

• girlie the us's politics ain't as relevant as yall think it is lol i bet most of these idols can't even recall the specific campaigning quirks of presidential candidates in their own country, let alone knowing and recognising some obscure symbols of an obscure online community that's mostly nugu to people outside the us on some random tshirt they picked up from a random vendor somewhere :reading-raccoon:

stop trivialising political issues and using them as an excuse to drag idols, yall ain't slick and just come off as dumb with the bait threads fyi :sweatr:

• We are not the center of the world.

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I usually roll my eyes at "costume screw ups" like most cultural appropriation things and swear words on shirts in kpop, but nah someone in the chain between acquiring that shirt and putting it on Chaeyoung f*cked up badly

Q is a symbol many, many evil things. White supremacy, homophobia, violent terrorist rhetoric and just purely evil, horrible stuff that has destroyed families and relationships (and not just in the US, Q nonsense is all over Australia and NZ).

I don't blame Chaeyoung in this, but surely someone at JYP should have caught this?

• girlie the us's politics ain't as relevant as yall think it is lol i bet most of these idols can't even recall the specific campaigning quirks of presidential candidates in their own country, let alone knowing and recognising some obscure symbols of an obscure online community that's mostly nugu to people outside the us on some random tshirt they picked up from a random vendor somewhere :reading-raccoon:

stop trivialising political issues and using them as an excuse to drag idols, yall ain't slick and just come off as dumb with the bait threads fyi :sweatr:

You ifans talk about how idols should be educated but then get upset when your biases get educated. As other have pointed out here, "they had no idea" that was a hate symbol of the most dangerous white supremacist hate group in existence today. So now go to Bubble, or IG or wherever people can send a message to Chaeyoung and inform her about it if you are her fan.

• We are not the center of the world.

Obviously the US is not the "center of the world", but they literally have their Army stationed in Korea and are participating in the major war occurring right now, Russia vs Ukraine, which Koreans were told to contribute in, and American culture and politics has HUGE influence in Korean society and even idol business. Why do you think kpop idols were banned from China? Because of THAAD and that CAME FROM THE U.S.

• You ifans talk about how idols should be educated but then get upset when your biases get educated. As other have pointed out here, "they had no idea" that was a hate symbol of the most dangerous white supremacist hate group in existence today. So now go to Bubble, or IG or wherever people can send a message to Chaeyoung and inform her about it if you are her fan.

who's stopping you from sending her a message if you want? idc about that; what i was referring to is your thread asking "is she going to get cancelled" when the answer is obviously no and she herself is obviously oblivious (hah) to the shirt's symbol's meaning. that's the sign of a dumb bait thread lol if you want to throw bait at least try to mark it up as something more intelligent and less low effort :pepe-use-head:

• Obviously the US is not the "center of the world", but they literally have their Army stationed in Korea and are participating in the major war occurring right now, Russia vs Ukraine, which Koreans were told to contribute in, and American culture and politics has HUGE influence in Korean society and even idol business. Why do you think kpop idols were banned from China? Because of THAAD and that CAME FROM THE U.S.

There was a small Q-anon movement in South Korea for a bit, bunch of oldies mainly getting caught up in it all

Also infected Japan during Covid and there was some small street protests with Q elements.

The main guy behind the start of Q didn't even live in the US

• who's stopping you from sending her a message if you want? idc about that; what i was referring to is your thread asking "is she going to get cancelled" when the answer is obviously no and she herself is obviously oblivious (hah) to the shirt's symbol's meaning. that's the sign of a dumb bait thread lol if you want to throw bait at least try to mark it up as something more intelligent and less low effort :pepe-use-head:

A few random messages won't work. It has to be an effort of many fans. How do you think Lisa apologized for her CA? It took many months of her fans talking about it and eventually she had to come clean finally when asked about it. So the thread title is just a question, it's NOT saying she should get cancelled.

We all know how getting idols educated works, let's not act cute here.

• A few random messages won't work. It has to be an effort of many fans. How do you think Lisa apologized for her CA? It took many months of her fans talking about it and eventually she had to come clean finally when asked about it. So the thread title is just a question, it's NOT saying she should get cancelled.

We all know how getting idols educated works, let's not act cute here.

again, idgas about what yall do in your spare time to “educate” your idols or whatever, i’ve already explained why your thread comes off the way it did in plain details in my post above, and none of what you said negated or even touched my point lol, so carry on :pepepizza:

• again, idgas about what yall do in your spare time to “educate” your idols or whatever, i’ve already explained why your thread comes off the way it did in plain details in my post above, and none of what you said negated or even touched my point lol, so carry on :pepepizza:

thanks for your opinions, but I will still make a post to educate others

• Whoa! I will give her the benefit of the doubt. I honestly believe she's not well read about the topic of MAGA QAnon or anything US politics because if she has a little inkling of it, she never would have allowed that on her. The stylists who put this together were the ones to blame.

Oh-hell-no GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!