do i the only one think that 4th GGs dont sing, but talk...

• from New Jeans, Aespa, Gidle, etc . i barely hear them sustaining a single note (birthday included, bye bye saved the mini album)

adding high note at the end doesnt help it for me.

i really tried to like the recent release, but..

this is what kind of song that kpop needs right now

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hell, even blackpink can do it too. yeah we were boooorn ,to be alooone

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thinking that Aespa doesn't do high notes tells me you haven't heard anything by them lmao.

Try Savage, and as a fellow RV fan you may like I'll Make You Cry, it's like a hyped up Kingdom Come.

• Thinking that Aespa doesn't do high notes tells me you haven't heard anything by them lmao.

Try Savage, and as a fellow RV fan you may like I'll Make You Cry, it's like a hyped up Kingdom Come.

savage is good example of what i described. adding high note at the end didnt help the fact that most of what they did was talking. thats why i added lovesick girl as an example of singing

• Aespa and Le Sserafim have good singers. Winter and Ninging sing all kinds of songs with ease, as well as a wide range of vocals. I recommend Winter Lee Mujin service, her voice is definitely in a very different feeling and air in ost songs. I think Chaewon and Yunjin vocals are strong in Le Sserafim. Nmixx have Lily and Haewon. I only heard Hanni on Newjeans but her voice and singing style was similar to IU's. The tone is very clean, pretty and stable. Lily is a natural singer I don't think she learned technique from jyp personally, natural talent probably. She has most powerful belting 4th gen.

Ningning's voice is so powerful that her low range is truly incredible. She sings effortlessly. Too bad SM didn't sing them live at the beginning of their careers. And who knows maybe Sm hiding Ningning a bit. They are also very young, their voice is improving over time. Let me remind you of this, SM vocalists improving too. All SM vocalists develop their vocals with time and experience. Although Sm idols are good from the beginning, but some of their vocalists are improving even more. Even the Itzy members you say sing the worst, you can be sure they are sing better than you and me. As long as every idols sings in their own vocal range, it's fine.

• savage is good example of what i described. adding high note at the end didnt help the fact that most of what they did was talking. thats why i added lovesick girl as an example of singing

I AM by IVE has high singing every chorus? They even do a head voice pre-chorus and the belt the same melody in the chorus, does that tick the box?

• this is not helping that they did talk for majority of their track, especially in their title track. your reply doesnt change that fact

also this is equivalent to how adele is a good rapper, and the reply showing how fast she talks, how adele is a good writer, etc.

• aespa have songs where all they do is sing like forever

butye for groups like itzy and le serafim and gifdle yeah talking is more prevalent than singing from what ive heard

i think they all can sing and probably have bsides where they sing a lot.

but it tend to agree that the impression you get from listen to the title tracks is that talking is more prevalent.

i dont think its bad. the fans of nj, aespa, gidle, lsfm and itzy seem to like it.

limelight - honestly is also mostly talking but one of the best songs of the year.

we also have groups who mostly sing. listen to fifi - cupid. and soon bb girls debute. they used to sing their songs too.

• I agree. Even though they can sing really well, in some of the songs it's like they are talking more than singing. Even when they sing it just doesn't feel that "melodic". I hear that in most girl groups recently. I don't necessarily dislike it but I agree with the observation

• yeah, thats why i hesitated to include them actually

this is not helping that they did talk for majority of their track, especially in their title track. your reply doesnt change that fact

also this is equivalent to how adele is a good rapper, and the reply showing how fast she talks, how adele is a good writer, etc.

Nmixx songs would be melodious if Jyp let it go. I think they wouldn't have a hard time harmonizing their songs if they want. Companies do not deal with vocalization as much as Sm. Kpop isn't just about melodic songs. It also important rhythmic songs too and rap suits them the most. Zimzalabim, for example, is not a melodic song at all. Red Velvet has such talk style songs. Rookie, for example. In the new generation singing talk style songs are definitely better than Red Velvet's old singing talk song. Personally, I always loved melodious songs to from Red Velvet. I recommend listening to Le Sserafim's album. Their bside song definitely Red Velvet vibe.

• nah, most group from 3rd gen and before them actually sang for majority of their track ,not only from SM group. at least title track since i dont listen to b-side other than red velvet ,2ne1, fx, and Apink. even 2ne1 didnt talk much with their track, and they didnt harmonize well to each other. group that didnt known for their vocal also sing, t-ara 4minute wonder girl also sing, and i can keep going.

this is not about ability, this is about what they did for their track, which is talk not sing.

if you think les firm sing and not talk in impurities maybe you have wrong idea what i am talking about

• It's interesting for me when someone talking about something they didn't know this much while based their knowledge in music only about talking or singing 🤣

• nah, most group from 3rd gen and before them actually sang for majority of their track ,not only from SM group. at least title track since i dont listen to b-side other than red velvet ,2ne1, fx, and Apink. even 2ne1 didnt talk much with their track, and they didnt harmonize well to each other. group that didnt known for their vocal also sing, t-ara 4minute wonder girl also sing, and i can keep going.

this is not about ability, this is about what they did for their track, which is talk not sing.

if you think les firm sing and not talk in impurities maybe you have wrong idea what i am talking about

lsfm is definitly different to t-ara ballads. but dont you think we have no singing groups anymore? instead going at groups who have different style, appreciate those who do sing.

• There is a lot of talking-type-rap overall, yes, but I'm not in agreement that they can't even sustain one note. There is a lot of singing in 4th gen too, there are many examples even where verse (or refrain) is more like talking and then the refrain (or verse) is full of melody. So I would say that you noticed a trend but ignored the ratio because we still have many great (singed!) songs. Maybe you overfocused unintentionally to the talking part because it bothers you so much.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• It's interesting for me when someone talking about something they didn't know this much while based their knowledge in music only about talking or singing 🤣

no one is comparing music as whole in this thread...

its interesting for me that you tried to change the subject in this thread

• Problem is fans are so crazy obsessed about "vocals" and singing "live" that you ain't gonna get the songs you want, especially with the recent lip sync witchhunts.

It's effing difficult as hell to sing sustained notes while dancing, everyone should try it and see how ridiculous it is to expect idols, on top of everything else, to belt out songs like Pavarotti while having zero support since their bodies are moving at 100mph.

That's why you're going to get songs that idols can just talk sing/talk rap while they're dancing, songs you can sing live while having a reasonable shot at hitting the right note.

Even the best Kpop vocalists end up basically shouting, not really singing, if they're doing choreo and hitting demanding notes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!