How do you feel about Nmixx's 24 hours charts? Should JYPE be worried?

• So Nmixx returned with what should have been their biggest comeback to date. It was teased as per...nothing exciting from JYPE you know how it is...but this time they got a pre-release single to build hype which has been a bit middling so far.

Anyway as 4th gen groups seemingly sore to new heights with each and every comeback JYPE seems to be struggling to catch on with Nmixx compared to SM and HYBE's offerings.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It only charted on 1 daily 100 in Korea, being Bug's and fairly low on that chart.

They also failed to enter Spotify Global 200, Japan, USA or places like Thailand/Indo Spotify 200.

It placed at 165 with 4.6k streams in Korean Spotify.

The MV got around 21 million views, tho the vast majority of these were likely ad boosted since they pulled a scant 210k likes and around 14k comments in that period.

The had high sales, around about 720k.

For me these numbers are pretty poor, opinions? It's difficult to imagine JYP Entertainment struggling to keep any form of grip on Korea with any of their acts, but their main future group being Nmixx doing this poorly across the board...it troublesome.

• I will never understand why NMIXX was debuted last year. JYP should have waited for Twice's decision on contract renewal before debuting their third active GG. Has any label successfully operated THREE digitally relevant GGs at the same time? Twice and Itzy would have been plenty enough over last year and this year, esp since Twice are now branching into solo releases.

A typical JYP year could have seen two Twice solo releases, one group release, and two Itzy releases.

I guess JYP himself doesnt care cause he has specifically mentioned how albums were the most important thing for him, and NMIXX is no doubt killing it there.

• this is the thing that bothers me about kpop these days. i highly doubt groups that can barely chart on local and international charts are able to pull off nearly 1M first day sales. but now, just like YouTube ad boosts used by companies to show their groups have a higher demand than reality, im sure sales might be slightly raised too. it’s just crazy to me how some groups are easily outselling bts at their peak like we know how big armys were and now it’s just a walk in the park… All those boxes of thrown away albums speak.

with groups like ive and newjeans and even aespa, you know most of those album sale numbers are legit because the charts speak for themselves. they have a legit demand. but when it comes to nmixx it’s so suspicious that fans would flock to buy their album but not like their comeback video on YouTube which is the first thing a kpop stan does… it’s so 🐠y

• Their charting is definitely really bad especially considering that their previous cb, love me like this, enter melon top 10

It should have give them more exposure and hype with this comeback and even if the song wouldn't be a top 10, it should have least enter top 50

This is just the second time in my kpop fans long life i see a big 3 gg releasing a song after having a top 5 hit and completely flopped in the chart with their new release

And JYP should worry because both time it happen, it was JYP groups

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• I don't get why they went from Dice/Cool combo to Love me like this and ended with current comeback. It doesn't make sense for me 😥🥺

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• with groups like ive and newjeans and even aespa, you know most of those album sale numbers are legit because the charts speak for themselves. they have a legit demand. but when it comes to nmixx it’s so suspicious that fans would flock to buy their album but not like their comeback video on YouTube which is the first thing a kpop stan does… it’s so 🐠y

I mean, I often wonder whose buying all their albums too given their streaming numbers and so-on, but can likes be really used? I buy albums from my faves all the time, and I've never liked a YT video once in my lifetime.

I'm not sure we can point to likes vs album sales as a ratio to understand anything. Especially if the group is shipping sales to china (not saying Nmixx are, but you understand the point).

• ad views generate much, much fewer likes than deliberate views. it's clunky data but it can still tell us something

I understand that, and you can make a data driven point comparing likes vs views to do a rough filtering out of ad view vs natural view, I understand that point.

But the data comparison was likes vs album sales. Let's say my group is super popular in China, and sells 50% of their albums there. What's the point of comparing going 'well sold 1 million albums buy only 500k likes'. When half your album buyers won't be on YT.

It's a strange comparison.

• i feel like their charting reflects what the group has to offer

people check them out and talk about them because they are JYP group, but with every cb their songs and concepts feel more and more like a discount version of other groups

and it doesnt help they arent exactly a visual group either

• I understand that, and you can make a data driven point comparing likes vs views to do a rough filtering out of ad view vs natural view, I understand that point.

But the data comparison was likes vs album sales. Let's say my group is super popular in China, and sells 50% of their albums there. What's the point of comparing going 'well sold 1 million albums buy only 500k likes'. When half your album buyers won't be on YT.

It's a strange comparison.

Is Nmixx even relevant in China? Never heard them having big pre orders

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!