One thing about the fifty fifty situation that I keep thinking about

• “The girls ditching their CEO to go with Warner is stupid” whether you think the ceo is a bad guy or a not, whether the girls are betrayers or not, is not my point. But we get many people talking about how the girls threw their shot away and reputation is over in Korea.

But during the Cupid craze, didn’t everyone say it didn’t matter how successful the song is because they’re from an unknown company and they will be one-hit wonder not to be compared with the big groups etc…?

Everyone believed they’re either doomed if they stayed as they are or at best would get couple of hits before they turn up like every other non-big company group (sans bts).

So when these girls hear that all the time and believe it like all of us. Then get an opportunity to go with Warner who is seriously seeing potential in them, a company that would put them on a whole different league. The way they offered the Barbie deal is above any SK’s ent company’s capabilities. Knowing all that, why would they settle for their doomed future with Attrakt and end up one-hit wonders like all of us were saying?

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku ().

• I don't understand why that CEO didn't sell their contract to Warner and moved on I heard a rumor that he wanted to create a boy group the money that Warner supposedly suggested would've been enough for a new group he clearly had no intention in developing the group's career and just relay on that one hit song and that's what most small companies do when their gg succeed they ditch them for a bg and Fifty-fifty has the right to seek a company that would care about their career but unfortunately this CEO is beating them at PR so hopefully something strong comes out of this lawsuit if not I don't see them having a long career

• Company= factory

Idol = product.

Factory makes product, factory owns product

Instead of viewing the relationship between idols and companies as a partnership where the company works to get the artist fame and the artist in turn repays that with commission, a lot of people hold the mentality that these companies are magical fairies giving away fame out of the kindness of their heart. Surely the least the idol could do is just be loyal and obey right?

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• I don't understand why that CEO didn't sell their contract to Warner and moved on I heard a rumor that he wanted to create a boy group the money that Warner supposedly suggested would've been enough for a new group he clearly had no intention in developing the group's career and just relay on that one hit song and that's what most small companies do when their gg succeed they ditch them for a bg and Fifty-fifty has the right to seek a company that would care about their career but unfortunately this CEO is beating them at PR so hopefully something strong comes out of this lawsuit if not I don't see them having a long career

As far as I know the dude was valuing his company at around $60M to the VCs and likely aiming for an IPO, so he prolly thought the $16M(?) from Warner offer was too small.

• As far as I know the dude was valuing his company at around $60M to the VCs and likely aiming for an IPO, so he prolly thought the $16M(?) from Warner offer was too small.

That is the key of everything

He had a vastly inflated view of himself and the success which Siahn brought for him, so he decided to ditch Siahn and tried to negotiate with Warner himself and the girls saw the writing on the wall and took the action.

• now im not siding with one side coz both cases/claims from FF and the CEO can be true at the same time.

but the PD is shady AF

“The girls ditching their CEO to go with Warner is stupid” for me its never that simple.
    there's investment involved and the way they do it.

it's like loco (the rapper who won show me the money 1) reveal jay park offered him to sign to AOMG and pay his contract termination to the old label.

and i see alot of people saying "do you still work while not getting paid"
    but it's different, company just paid you for your job

did your company paid alot of money to train you at your job for years before you even start at the job officially ??

no, you pay for uni by yourself or even debt.

As far as I know the dude was valuing his company at around $60M to the VCs and likely aiming for an IPO, so he prolly thought the $16M(?) from Warner offer was too small.

this is possible coz kpop label is booming rn. iirc abyss company that manages bambam, sandara, and sunmi got valued over 100b won after a 25 bill won investment. iirc

and some people saying taeyang moved to TBL and TBl sign park bogum is to boost their value for when they open for public later. coz TBL ceo have been going around some VC to search for investment.

honestly i hate people like the PD the most. they said 1 thing and do another thing

and with 2 leaked phone call we "know" he's shady at least to the CEO.

and the fact he's the middleman between (FF & CEO) also (CEO & WMK)
    there's a big chance the PD played both by saying 1 thing to 1 side and other things to the other side.
    coz he already did that twice in the leaked phone call.

• Jeon is a crook and Siahn is a crook too. However at least Siahn delivered result while Jeon showed every intention to take the fruits for nothing, so for the girls Siahn was the less bad option.

Your logic is so bad. Almost every company has BGs and GGs. It’s idiotic to think, just because a company wants to develop a BG, which would be from scratch seeing how it’s a small company meaning atleast 2-3 years before an actual debut.

Are you seriously suggesting, a CEO would abandon their only source of money for the minuscule chance that the BG they debut in 2 years will be profitable on debut?

The narrative their CEO was gonna drop them for a BG is stupid and untrue and you guys need to stop spreading it to smear him. 50/50 was gonna get the full support of the company LIKE EVERY OTHER single breadwinner of a company.

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• It's a fucking for-profit business and everyone is there to get their share of the pie. Only poor knetizens and ifans view it from a lens of morality when it only boils down to skirting around laws and contracts to get the maximum benefit for yourself. And all of a sudden hypocrite ifans forget how much companies like SM screwed their idols FOR DECADES, now they act like companies are angelic and benevolent because it suits their anti-5050 agenda.

• Your logic is so bad. Almost every company has BGs and GGs. It’s idiotic to think, just because a company wants to develop a BG, which would be from scratch seeing how it’s a small company meaning atleast 2-3 years before an actual debut.

Are you seriously suggesting, a CEO would abandon their only source of money for the minuscule chance that the BG they debut in 2 years will be profitable on debut?

The narrative their CEO was gonna drop them for a BG is stupid and untrue and you guys need to stop spreading it to smear him. 50/50 was gonna get the full support of the company LIKE EVERY OTHER single breadwinner of a company.

it's not a logic it's a fact every small company creates a bg after their gg sees success and they ditch the girl group to only focus on the BG

• Imagine if Bts, Mamamoo, and Big Bang for example leaving their company right after they become quite successfull. People always bringing Momoland or BG for this situation but never those who are crazily successful that coming from small company too. None of them ditching their company that earlier in their careers when they're in better position than 50/50 with a lot of job offers and individually known by public. At least wait for two years lol because all their claims right now sounds very silly. That time, they can proof that their debts probably increase while making a lot of money and strengthen their name in the industry at the same time.

I also love how people here saying why the ceo didn't accept the offer but not why the girls didnt just paying their fees and terminate their contract peacefully rather than bringing it to the court? After all of this, is everyone still thinking that warner want them? I also love how people being bias saying company is bad but only for Attrakt not Warner or the Givers here.

Honestly, this is the first time I didn't feel bad at all for the artists yet I didn't support the company too. They kinda bringing this to themselves and over estimate that everyone gonna support them like other cases before. Their parents are not thay clever too. Everyone involved in this mess are all equally stupid, greedy and didn't think that far for the future.

• Your logic is so bad. Almost every company has BGs and GGs. It’s idiotic to think, just because a company wants to develop a BG, which would be from scratch seeing how it’s a small company meaning atleast 2-3 years before an actual debut.

Yes. That was what he tried to do.

FF was Siahn's baby, even though Jeon is saying otherwise now and his claim is very weak, while the new bg would have been his to ruin.

He clearly said he would debut a bg next year.

Given his history, he is guilty till proven innocent. he is no angel, unlike what South Korean media portrays him now.

• Imagine if Bts, Mamamoo, and Big Bang for example leaving their company right after they become quite successfull. People always bringing Momoland or BG for this situation but never those who are crazily successful that coming from small company too. None of them ditching their company that earlier in their careers when they're in better position than 50/50 with a lot of job offers and individually known by public. At least wait for two years lol because all their claims right now sounds very silly. That time, they can proof that their debts probably increase while making a lot of money and strengthen their name in the industry at the same time.

I also love how people here saying why the ceo didn't accept the offer but not why the girls didnt just paying their fees and terminate their contract peacefully rather than bringing it to the court? After all of this, is everyone still thinking that warner want them? I also love how people being bias saying company is bad but only for Attrakt not Warner or the Givers here.

Honestly, this is the first time I didn't feel bad at all for the artists yet I didn't support the company too. They kinda bringing this to themselves and over estimate that everyone gonna support them like other cases before. Their parents are not thay clever too. Everyone involved in this mess are all equally stupid, greedy and didn't think that far for the future.

None of the acts you mentioned had built enough bases to thrive in the overseas at that time

While FF, which from the start did not aim to gain any Korean popularity, did

Apples and oranges.

• None of the acts you mentioned had built enough bases to thrive in the overseas at that time

While FF, which from the start did not aim to gain any Korean popularity, did

Apples and oranges.

Bts sales were mostly coming from overseas when they were accused of doing sajaegi and they sold more than 50/50 lol. It's to the point where international armys showing their receipt on twitter. 50/50 now at the same position with Bts where their popularity started outside of Korea. This is only 50/50 first year, they're only 8 months old with no promotion in Korea so obviously they still didn't gain anything there. Even IU was a nobody in her debut days, same goes to Mamamoo, Bts and Big Bang. The point here is , they're not even a year old yet for you to say that Korea didn't interested in them because all groups I mentioned all started from the bottom and it takes them at least two to four years to hit it big in their home country just simply because they're not from a big companies.

You can say this if they have viral songs in Korea and people there still not interested in them, but cupid are not that viral or popular in Korea and not that they are actively promoting in there to make themselves known.

Even if he wanted, there is no way the company would do anything for the Girls since they cant do anything. The song, the concept everything was done by the givers. And all the attrakt CEO did was alianate their capable business partners like kamp, the givers and warner.

When they broke records in Billboard. Everyone was saying to bad they will be one hit wonder cuz they are from small company.

Dont act like you dont know how those companies behave.

Momoland got a meager single song per year after their big hits.

Brave Girls got not a single proper promo after rollin. and unlike DKB they also dont got 2 comebacks per year.

Full support for the breadwinner my ass.

• Don't forget T1419 or whatever their new name is also was releasing comeback after comeback while Momoland faded away. They made like 4 comebacks in a year one time it was crazy. In 2 years, they basically have as many songs as Momoland in their entire career.

Really don't understand why these companies allow to let their massive hit-earning female act to fade into irrelevance while they push some new mediocre boy group that never takes off. Its like this tragic combination of misogyny and stupidity. As soon as a girl group underperforms: well, your time is up. As soon as a boy group underperforms: well, why don't we give you one more chance.

• Bts sales were mostly coming from overseas when they were accused of doing sajaegi and they sold more than 50/50 lol. It's to the point where international armys showing their receipt on twitter. 50/50 now at the same position with Bts where their popularity started outside of Korea. This is only 50/50 first year, they're only 8 months old with no promotion in Korea so obviously they still didn't gain anything there. Even IU was a nobody in her debut days, same goes to Mamamoo, Bts and Big Bang. The point here is , they're not even a year old yet for you to say that Korea didn't interested in them because all groups I mentioned all started from the bottom and it takes them at least two to four years to hit it big in their home country just simply because they're not from a big companies.

You can say this if they have viral songs in Korea and people there still not interested in them, but cupid are not that viral or popular in Korea and not that they are actively promoting in there to make themselves known.

From the start Siahn had no intention to promote them in Korea since they are not the type of singers Koreans would like.

Jeon wanted to use them as a fuel for his own boy group and they mostly refused to cooperate with him

In FF's case it was not necessary, and probably not feasible, to build a base in Korea. Siahn just decided to not waste time. He probably didn't expect Jeon to use the Masada strategy to sink them all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!