Warner Korea offers 20billion won to buy Fifty Fifty

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is the messiest fucking agency on earth, why are they leaking phone calls?

Complex is over-rated, Iโ€™ll go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKโœฟJESSICAโœฟNEWJEANSโœฟSEJEONGโœฟTHE ROSEโœฟTWICEโœฟYERIN BAEKโœฟYUKIKAโœฟTHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Youtube video from Lee Jin Ho (celebrity insider/reporter)

this is the phone call

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this is basically a deathblow.

Unless they can prove the audio is fake or that the Attrakt CEO was abusing Fifty Fifty, this battle is his.

They can just not promote in Korea. It is not like they are doing well or making any money there. Just pay the contract termination fee, which will be less than $20mil, and leave all the mess behind.

• knetz were not on their side since day one, their image in korea is completely ruined

What a way to shoot yourself right in the foot, I was afraid that the company might ruin the group with bad promotions but this is totally unexpected, it sad because the girls are really talented but unfortunately for them they got swayed by pretty words.

• To prove that Warner was lying.

In case you forgot. Warner had confidently stated that they had no part in trying to acquire Fifty Fifty

I agree that that was what JHJ is clearly trying to do. But Warner didn't say that - JHJ accused Warner of illegally attempting to poach the members. If anything, if the call is real, all we know is Warner merely made a buyout offer to Attrakt. I doubt a global company like Warner could put out a stmt denying it if they were legally culpable, especially if JHJ sent them "evidence". Wouldn't make it past Warner's legal team. And for his part, JHJ wouldn't have had to backtrack after Warner responded. JHJ is succeeding in the court of public opinion though.

• I agree that that was what JHJ is clearly trying to do. But Warner didn't say that - JHJ accused Warner of illegally attempting to poach the members. If anything, if the call is real, all we know is Warner merely made a buyout offer to Attrakt. I doubt a global company like Warner could put out a stmt denying it if they were legally culpable, especially if JHJ sent them "evidence". Wouldn't make it past Warner's legal team. And for his part, JHJ wouldn't have had to backtrack after Warner responded. JHJ is succeeding in the court of public opinion though.

But they didn't say warner attempted to do it illegally. They said the third party was doing it illegally and they stated that Warner was a part of the negotiations, which Warner denied and this audio very clearly proves that's a lie.

Warner may not known it was illegal, but they were a part of the negotiations which they clearly said they were not.

• To prove that Warner was lying.

In case you forgot. Warner had confidently stated that they had no part in trying to acquire Fifty Fifty

Is there a timeline for all this...?

Complex is over-rated, Iโ€™ll go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKโœฟJESSICAโœฟNEWJEANSโœฟSEJEONGโœฟTHE ROSEโœฟTWICEโœฟYERIN BAEKโœฟYUKIKAโœฟTHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Is there a timeline for all this...?

Here

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | ๆฐดๅŽŸๅธŒๅญๅฆป | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I would just take the buyout offer and make a new group. Fifty Fifty probably won't make him any money at this point. I'm also not a business person though so idk.

The issue is, that the buyout off wasn't made to him. It was made to Siahn and he only discovered about it by talking to the Warner Director.

So he may well not have even been party to the buy out contract.

• I don't think there's any hot group that'd sell for that little.

Yeah, no way.

16 million USD is way too little for a top GG like say LSRFM. They will probably sell 2-4 million albums per year for the next 3 years at least. Say 1.5M per comeback x 6 comebacks over 3 years which equals 9 million albums. Multiplied by 12 bucks per album equals 108 million in gross revenue.

Even if the label only gets 40 percent of that, that's already 44 million USD on just album sales alone in three years. Then you add in digitals, CFs, concerts, merch, appearances, etc. Then if the group ends up with a hugely loyal fanbase like Onces, the group will just continue to bank massive sales and concert revenue into years 5, 6, 7 and beyond.

As for 5050, 16 million USD is a gamble for sure. Digitals by themselves offer very little return. They would need to get a real fanbase willing to buy at least 400k albums per comeback reliably, plus they would need to be able to secure mid tier level concert tix, CFs, etc. to make it worthwhile for a label.

• The issue is, that the buyout off wasn't made to him. It was made to Siahn and he only discovered about it by talking to the Warner Director.

So he may well not have even been party to the buy out contract.

Ooohhhh I missed that small detail. Yikes!

• Ooohhhh I missed that small detail. Yikes!

Now to be fair

This audio could be fake

And it could be revealed that Siahn/The Givers legally have the ability to do that off of contract terms.

But as it currently stands, there's no real proof of that, and those kinda contract terms would be wild

• I'm glad someone pointed out that making an offer is not illegally poaching.

Just to provide a ballpark sense of what a top group can make, the money is all mainly in concert tickets and merchandising sales. For BP in roughly one year -

7 Highest Grossing K-Pop Concert Tours So Far In 2023: Blackpink Reigns Supreme
    Blackpink topped the list of the highest-grossing K-Pop concert tours this year. Fourth-generation groups also joined the list.
    www.ibtimes.com

"In just 40 out of 60 shows, the group has already gathered a revenue of $163,832,685. The group's sold-out world tour started in October 2022 and will continue to Q3 2023, with a total of 60 shows."

and this is just for tickets. Merchandise sold is about the same as ticket sales.

This is why Kakao is willing to buy 40% of SM for Aespa and NCT for $1 billion US.

Would Fifty Fifty likely do such big numbers. No, but if successful they would be very profitable, because in the west celebs can do really well with licensed products, and they can sing, so it means they could perform till 35-40+ years old each.

• "In just 40 out of 60 shows, the group has already gathered a revenue of $163,832,685. The group's sold-out world tour started in October 2022 and will continue to Q3 2023, with a total of 60 shows."

and this is just for tickets. Merchandise sold is about the same as ticket sales.

I've seen this claim stated quite often in this forum, but we should be doubtful until we have some actual numbers.

• I'm not impressed with $15mil. This group can do better. The issue is leaking this out. Looks bad for Attrakt.

?? It looked good for attrakt cause that means the ceo was right that theres a buyout happening without his consent.

• I've seen this claim stated quite often in this forum, but we should be doubtful until we have some actual numbers.

Back in SNSD concert days, there were receipts, so its basically accepted.

• ?? It looked good for attrakt cause that means the ceo was right that theres a buyout happening without his consent.

itโ€™s mixed, being a CEO and communicating how little company control you have to the public isnโ€™t a good look, even if he does turn out to be a victim entirely

• itโ€™s mixed, being a CEO and communicating how little company control you have to the public isnโ€™t a good look, even if he does turn out to be a victim entirely

Well with the way the case is going i think he doesnt give a care anymore what other people will think

• no not icy!!!

someone please save icy and offer them at least 20billion won!!!

• MESS! Too bad, the girls were caught in the middle of this and they are not established yet!

Established in the world, just not in korea where they were never that relevant anyways.

The real opinion of the girls and Siahn would be 'whatever Koreans say".

• This thread contains 46 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!