It's sad to think that all groups under SM started with Exo might all have slave contract too

• FTC investigated and got involved with SM's contracts during the time JYJ sued which prompted SM to change their terms and lengths to a more humane and favorable one (eg. SM 2nd gen grps like TVXQ, SuJu, SNSD, Shinee, f(X) etc. contracts were originally 10+ years got changed to 7 years). I mean after JYJ's lawsuit, none of the other 2nd gen sued SM regarding their contract and Han Geng filed the lawsuit only few months after the Tvxq' case. I believe these 2nd gen groups contracts under SM were more fair due to FTC's involvement because of precedent set by JYJ. But unfortunately this was before 3rd gen, so starting with EXO onwards, SM probably found a new loophole to resume their shady slave contracts. So it's history repeating itself.

• yes they automatically add 3 years to the 7 years if you have a schedule oversea. and if you are a korean male then you have an extra 2 years for military enlistment. so a total of 12 years (if you are male).

and when it's time for contract renewal, they coerce certain artists to sign a 5 years new contract if they want to stay with their group.

• yes they automatically add 3 years to the 7 years if you have a schedule oversea. and if you are a korean male then you have an extra 2 years for military enlistment. so a total of 12 years (if you are male).

and when it's time for contract renewal, they coerce certain artists to sign a 5 years new contract if they want to stay with their group.

I always knew that Exo's contracts would end after 12 years but the 17-18 years shocked me.

And when I think of the 7 plus 3 years automatically, it all makes sense because Snsd renewed even though not all members were happy to stay and FX Krystal, it was a surprise because she was so done with SM to the extent that only Amber and Luna used to perform at SM town for most of those 3 years. Now it's clear that she was stuck and couldn't help it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yup, Nct, RV and Aespa may have to sue to have their contracts changed too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• FTC investigated and got involved with SM's contracts during the time JYJ sued which prompted SM to change their terms and lengths to a more humane and favorable one (eg. SM 2nd gen grps like TVXQ, SuJu, SNSD, Shinee, f(X) etc. contracts were originally 10+ years got changed to 7 years). I mean after JYJ's lawsuit, none of the other 2nd gen sued SM regarding their contract and Han Geng filed the lawsuit only few months after the Tvxq' case. I believe these 2nd gen groups contracts under SM were more fair due to FTC's involvement because of precedent set by JYJ. But unfortunately this was before 3rd gen, so starting with EXO onwards, SM probably found a new loophole to resume their shady slave contracts. So it's history repeating itself.

i just wonder what kind of lie a company like SM would tell these idols parents to get them sign. We all know they start young.

Back then, on second gen, many of these idols came form really humble backrounds, they didn´t have much. So a contract with SM was great. But then many companies started to like to have rich familly idols. I think, they don´t need the money. So, how they end up signing those shitty contracts is a mistery to me.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• i just wonder what kind of lie a company like SM would tell these idols parents to get them sign. We all know they start young.

Back then, on second gen, many of these idols came form really humble backrounds, they didn´t have much. So a contract with SM was great. But then many companies started to like to have rich familly idols. I think, they don´t need the money. So, how they end up signing those shitty contracts is a mistery to me.

its simple. SM uses these young idol's dreams to get them to sign. Idols want to debut and become famous, they are promised the glitz and glamour, even if it meant they had to give away 60% of their profits. As long as they get to debut as a singer.

• Honestly my perspective changed completely about Sm i thought the reason the Idols stayed was because they were treated fairly but turns out they didn't have a choice but to renew because either you renew or sue the company and risk getting blacklist in the industry it still baffles me how whatever Sm is doing is still concerned legal what Sm is doing is just modern day slavery,

I never understand why Idols don't have a union :(

• its simple. SM uses these young idol's dreams to get them to sign. Idols want to debut and become famous, they are promised the glitz and glamour, even if it meant they had to give away 60% of their profits. As long as they get to debut as a singer.

i see all these idols on NCT

the really important there are like 7 or 8.

WayV is being treated like shit, they never had a tour in 4 years i think. Not sure if SM thinks China would not allow

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• i just wonder what kind of lie a company like SM would tell these idols parents to get them sign. We all know they start young.

Popularity and fame obviously. SM for example was on their peak during the early 3rd gen era. So, I think their parents didn't really see their son signed a 10-12 years contract with the number 1 company at that time as something negative or will hurt them. And there are really high chance that those contract might get modified and change with time. Those companies are more than capable to do so.

• Personally it doesn't affect me as I don't stan SM groups anymore.

This is such a weird statement. Why bother to comment then, right? 🤔. But ya sure, you do you. This slave contract issues alone is not only limited to SM groups but every groups in kpop potentially signed the same inhuman contract like them but the companies are still not getting exposed yet.

• This is such a weird statement. Why bother to comment then, right? 🤔. But ya sure, you do you. This slave contract issues alone is not only limited to SM groups but every groups in kpop potentially signed the same inhuman contract like them but the companies are still not getting exposed yet.

Because I felt like replying okay? And as it happens I do NOT stan any SM groups anymore, not even Aespa and as I'm only a casual listener nowadays I doubt it's going to affect the only two groups I do listen to. You're right, I will do me and the rest can do them. :pepe-hips:

• Because I felt like replying okay? And as it happens I do NOT stan any SM groups anymore, not even Aespa and as I'm only a casual listener nowadays I doubt it's going to affect the only two groups I do listen to. You're right, I will do me and the rest can do them. :pepe-hips:

When people say some of kpop stans are bunch of weirdos, this is among of time where I literally get what they meant.

• Even after getting sued SM gave out shitty contracts? All this while people were under the impression that SM probably has one of the better contracts because of what had happened before.

So proud of CBX boys for exposing this. And hope others will follow suit.

yes they automatically add 3 years to the 7 years if you have a schedule oversea. and if you are a korean male then you have an extra 2 years for military enlistment. so a total of 12 years (if you are male).

Automatic renewal?? 3 years for an overseas schedule? Why? That’s evil

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!