Jpop songs actually have more chance to be popular in the west than kpop

• Since anime is already a thing in the west, I think it might be much easier for them to accepting Jpop than Kpop. And not gonna lie, overall for me Jpop songs > Kpop songs. If only they're not gatekeeping their music industry...

• ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 0%

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 10%

██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 20%

███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 30%

████▒▒▒▒▒▒ 40%

█████▒▒▒▒▒ 50%

██████▒▒▒▒ 60%

███████▒▒▒ 70%

████████▒▒ 80%

█████████▒ 90%

██████████ 100%

❀🫶🏻ฅ^._.^ฅ NOTICE: Loading complete! ❀🫶🏻ฅ^._.^ฅ

-UNFORGIVEN-

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮

MY OPINION: Is it okay thats I personally am 50/50? Like yes J-pop has a lot more advantages, but Kpop has already been dominating the west for a pretty long time. The only reasons I can think of why J-pop might be more popular is because:

1. Clueless people will think it’s ONLY anime music, we all know how popular anime really is.

2. Less toxic and embarrassing fans, this is mainly because the J-pop fandom is smaller.

3. Kpop already has a bad reputation. Many people think it’s a waste of time, and a bad interest to have. Therefore, making it easier for J-pop to be more popular.

But again, K-pop is just having a great year, and has been gaining more and more popularity in the last decade. It would take a while for J-pop to catch up to Kpop, let alone become more popular.

♫₊˚.🎧 - Signing Out- ♫₊˚.🎧

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣤⣄⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⢠⡾⠛⠳⠶⣤⣀⣠⣤⣤⣴⡟⠁⠀⠙⣷⠟⠋⠉⠉⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⣾⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠀⡿⠀⢠⣟⣿⠿⠳⢦⣤⡴⣼⣇⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⢻⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣄⣀⣽⣏⠀⠀⢸⣷⡄⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠉⠓⢾⡟⠛⢁⣼⣟⠀⠀⠀

⠀⢀⣼⣇⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣙⣿⣿⣥⣽⢤⠀⠀

⣀⣈⣷⣏⣁⠀⠀⢀⠀⠉⠙⠻⣶⣾⣳⣶⠟⠉⠁⢀⠀⠀⠀⠶⢻⡟⠒⠒

⠀⠀⠸⣇⣀⠀⠀⠛⠉⠂⠀⢀⡿⣉⣉⢿⡄⠀⠒⠉⠋⠀⠀⠠⣼⠧⢤⠀

⠀⠐⠛⠻⣍⣀⡀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠞⠙⠧⠼⠈⠳⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⣟⡀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⣠⠴⠛⢿⣭⠿⠿⢯⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣭⣩⣭⣭⣿⣋⠈⠙⠂⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⣿⠶⠶⠶⠤⠶⣾⠇⠀⠘⣧⠀⠀⢹⡇⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣇⠀⠀⣰⠾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣧⡀⠀⠀⢿⣄⣤⡾⠁⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠒⠒⠚⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

네가 참 궁금해 그건 너도 마찬가지 (ooh, ooh)...

• Like which song, Lemon by Keneshi Yonezu

That Shinuoga E-Wa one that is always in my recommended section

What gatekeeping is there other than being in a different language?

• However, Jpop in general is only trying to reach Japanese and weebs

I think it's not.

It's actually just a biased perception about jpop song (or many japanese songs) that they are a song for/from anime.

While there are indeed many artists that eventually have their song used as an anime ost, they actually didn't aim for that, but since it's an honor and an opportunity, they took it.

(And actually it's not just about anime, there are also tokusatsu and games)

But yeah, some artists are hitting big along with their featured anime...

• I didn't mean it as a bad thing as the Japanese music market is the 2nd biggest one :eyes:

And yes, the anime songs are way more popular than the other ones.

• Jpop in general is only trying to reach Japanese and weebs

Thats not true

• Johnny's Entertainment debuted the boygroup Travis Japan for the international market, it went semi perfect since a few people made fun of their look, that the debut track was in English, that the MV for it was shot by the same people who did an MV for BTS and they were thinking that Johnny's was trying to copy BTS, but "JUST DANCE" still got a lot views on Youtube and streams on Spotify and yes, even tho they are from Johnny's their music is on Spotify. Travis Japan only has 1 MV right now and is about to release a 2nd one soon. Not sure if they can even keep up with the bit of popularity they have right now since it's more than half a year since they debuted and the teaser to the new MV dosn't looks that good.
    • The vocalost Hiroomi Tosaka debuted the girlgroup MOONCHILD under his own company called CDL Entertainment in hope that he could get JPop more known to foreign people. He actually is a bit mad at how famous KPop got and so he wants to try to get people to know JPop and get it popular. I know I know, him using Hybe for this is ... odd, but if he thinks this would help his idea... Since the girls also are quit new we can't say much about the try with international fame yet
    • Rapper SKY-HI tries to get JPop known outside of Japan too with a show he created called D.U.N.K but for now it seems like that he is more catching the eye of Japanese citizen with the show cause all the JPop-artists that dake part of it are performing in Japan. I wonder if there are even plans to go further with the show like concerts outside Japan maybe to get the idea spreed around better, because all I know is that he said to atrackt more foreign people into JPop and other JPop acts than the few they might allread know is that the people should post about it on their own social media accounts and YT-channls like artist XYZ films a TikTok with artist ABC or artist ABC makes a photo with artist XYZ and puts the photo onto his Twitter account, you know.
    • SKY-HI is also trying to get himself and the artists from his own company called BMSG more known outside Japan by collabing with foreign artists. His first boygroup BE:FIRST for example collabed with the famous british artist Jonas Blue.
    • Avex debuted the girlgroup XG and you see what happend to them, there is not much I need to explain
    • Also from Avex, they tried to push some people after having send them to foreign survival shows. It kinda worked, but also not really as they wanted lol. I mean they have nothing from Hikaru being in Kep1er and I am unsure what will even happen to Rikimaru, Santa and Mika now after INTO1 has disbanded this year. I mean Mika's original group disbanded allready and not sure if the original group of Santa and Rikimaru still exists
    • Chanmina tried to promote herself outside of Japan, mainly trought her starting to release music in Korean and cause she also collabed with many artists from other countries in the past, she also has allready quit a number of foreign fans tho
    • Mnet who owns Lapone Entertainment is constantly trying to push their Japanese groups, even tho cause it's Mnet the people they reach are mainly KPop-stans
    • LDH debuted SG5 and tries to reach foreign people with them, but it's not quit working as good as it could since the girls arn't interacting a lot with eachother (cause they are from 2 different girlgroups and 1 of the girls is heavly promoting with her original group) and cause they don't really made much music. I mean they debuted 1 year ago and only have 1 song where the MV just droped almost a year later, thats uh not good, they should try to promote more together, release a new song with MV and see if they could even get it promoted outside Japan but as far it looks like they don't seem to do that at the moment

There is a bit more but I allready wrote a lot so I stop here

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• None of the stereotypical trap stuff.

Well you than probably didn't listen to a lot JPop than if you think that EDM-sounds like that wouldn't exist in Japanese muic.

Here are some examples of different EDM-themed songs:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(I know I know you probably go jump at me saying that this dosn't sound 100% like real trap, but you know what I mean with these songs)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Fantastic work-from-home opportunity for everyone…Work for three to eight hours a day and start getting paid in the range of 13,000 to 19,000 dollars a month…Weekly payments…And the best thing is...It’s so Easy…follow the details on this website...http://salary47.ml/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!