Is there a legitimate debate over NewJeans being the most popular 4th gen girl group?

• I think they're a comeback away from being in their own tier among the current generation girl groups, but as I've lurked recently, it just seems like this isn't a consensus opinion at least on AKP.

Ditto's massive list of records aside, NJ occupying #1 #2 and #3 on every chart in Korea for 3 months may be the most impressive Korean charting feat I've ever seen.

We're a little more than 2 months away from Hype Boy turning 1 year old.

It's still in the top 10.

I just...don't think it's all that close.

Zero out charted my ultimate favs and it's just a cheesy ad song.

• If they are able to sell one million albums in a day too for their next cb then they will set themselves comfortably up there. A lot of kpop stans still believe that they didn't have a huge stable fanbase with a 'real fans'.

Idk if they will able to do so, but I have seen in weibo that Haerin cbar already collect more than 130k usd for their next cb. I don't know how much albums they can get for that amount but it will be alot for sure.

• IVE is there.. I AM is still #1 on ALL CHART despite like the whole industry coming back.. Jisoo, Jimin, Taeyang, Seventeen, BTOB, Le sserafim and now Aespa; none manage to take the #1 from IVE

I think Ive is the most popular 4th gen for many reasons but it's pretty close with other 4th gen girl groups imo

I don't think this is a good argument though yes Ive is popular but they have a big fanbase in Korea too + they are visibly in general public eye + promoting in universities etc ( that should be taking in consideration) I'm not trying to discredit them I do believe they are pretty popular but we have to be objective like I'm pretty sure Jisoo could been easily being #1 since flower is going viral which is making more noise. Charting #1 depends on many factors

• They are by far

I see many people of a certain fandom pressed with them, they are clearly threatened, it's entertaining to see they lurking every NJ thread to give likes to shaddy remarks about NJ and disagree with every point that display NJs as the most successful 4th girlgroup

Luckily NJ next comeback will shut up all those naysayers

• Actually spicy knocked them down on Bugs and is now blocking them for a PAK.

From 2 hours ago

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• From 2 hours ago

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like I said, spicy is blocking them from a PAK, your showing a RAK, different thing. Aespa is 1 on Bugs Daily so no PAK, you only need to be 1 on all realtime charts for a RAK.

• In Korea, yes. When NJs competed against Ive, they crushed Ive. It wasn't even close. Thats why they are getting all the Tier 1 Korean CFs now. Companies and advertisers know who is the most popular.

Globally, Fifty Fifty is more popular.

• Like I said, spicy is blocking them from a PAK, your showing a RAK, different thing. Aespa is 1 on Bugs Daily so no PAK, you only need to be 1 on all realtime charts for a RAK.

But it doesnt disprove what other user said, theyre having raks in a full house in all main charts after almost a week since promos ended

JCsIq3Q.gif

• They are the most popular but they are in no way in their own tier among GGs lmao, not even close.

You have to keep in mind that no big act made a comeback in the 1st quarter until the end of March so NewJeans had no competition for the #1 spot.

This is because certain groups decided to avoid them, rather than be crushed.

So yes a certain group had their 2nd release 4 months after their debut and their 3rd release 4.5 months after the 2nd release. Strangely their 4th release is 7.5 months after the 3rd release. LMAO. So if they came back 3 months earlier like they normally do, and at the same time they were on Running Man, they get crushed again.

• This is because certain groups decided to avoid them, rather than be crushed.

So yes a certain group had their 2nd release 4 months after their debut and their 3rd release 4.5 months after the 2nd release. Strangely their 4th release is 7.5 months after the 3rd release. LMAO. So if they came back 3 months earlier like they normally do, and at the same time they were on Running Man, they get crushed again.

that makes no sense, you know i am outdid ditto in both uls and digital peak right?

I'll just shut up lol. Yes, Newjeans is the biggest 4th gen gg ever if thats what u guys want to believe, and every kpop group is shaking at their sight and planning their entire schedule to avoid these rookie monsters

JCsIq3Q.gif

• If you want that title so bad just take it

I do think Ive is stronger, in Korea at least there's no doubt, as well in Japan.

I'm not sure about this.

in Japan, IVE has had more hardcore fans since they debuted and released the Japanese ver.

but NJ songs are more popular digitally https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1653566717396914176

OMG already also hit 80M on Oricon, so they gonna have two songs with 100m stream in Japan alone.

• If you want that title so bad just take it

I do think Ive is stronger, in Korea at least there's no doubt, as well in Japan.

I don't think we can include Japan yet in this discussion bc Nj still not debut there. So far they actually doing great without official Japanese debut. They are the 4th gg with the highest peak in Japan Artist BB 100 at number 9 only behind Lsrfm, Twice and Bp. Omg and Ditto still charting in bb 100 for about 20 weeks and Ditto just surpassed 100 million streams in Japan and being the fastest foreign gg to do so too. Newjeans just sold out their sonic summer tickets with more than 10,000 viewers after they being announced as the part of the line up and the best sellers too.

You're right about Korea as Nj just in their first cb but people underestimate their popularity in Japan. We should have this conversation once they officially debut in Japan.

• I'm not sure about this.

in Japan, IVE has had more hardcore fans since they debuted and released the Japanese ver.

but NJ songs are more popular digitally https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1653566717396914176

OMG already also hit 80M on Oricon, so they gonna have two songs with 100m stream in Japan alone.

I remember making a thread a long time ago about eleven and love dive having over 200m streams but u can have that queens of japan title too cause im done arguing

However it does look like u guys only look at nj achievements and ignore every other group's, and thats enough to take what u guys say with a grain of salt

I already lost count of how many threads wanting to proclaim nj as #1 gg and if guys want it so bad, just take it instead of asking other ppl's opinions

JCsIq3Q.gif

• But it doesnt disprove what other user said, theyre having raks in a full house in all main charts after almost a week since promos ended

But it does, the only thing I disagreed with was them saying they are 1 on all charts, not them doing amazingly well. If they are not number 1 on bugs daily they aren't number 1 on all charts. I agree they are having RAKs but like I said you can get RAK's without being 1 on any of the daily charts.

• Yes it makes no sense, that NJs songs, which everyone in Korea were crazy about and hyping for months, have lower ULs than I Am.

Unless its #EVERYONEKNOWS

• This is because certain groups decided to avoid them, rather than be crushed.

Sometimes I wonder if I should've let you roam around free or not with that delusional head of yours.

Because apparently, there are some akp users believing that made-up scenarios from your brain.

"Strangely, their 4th release is 7.5 months after the 3rd release. LMAO"

Well, if only you think more clearly, you think 4.5 month is enough to prepare a full album with 11 new songs? That they had to prepare some of the fancon stuffs, not to mention practices and all other things?

Sigh

From the way you poured out what's on your mind, you always see an idol as numbers, stats and achievements only right?

You never see them as a human.

And no, I'm not talking about your sentiment on IVE only. It's on every fucking group.

But well, I know that whatever I'm going to tell to you will not getting through that clouded mind of yours. So it's kinda futile actually to talk it to you.

What actually made me disappointed is there are 2 users that seems to believe your delusion, because they didn't bother to learn or understanding by themselves.

• I remember making a thread a long time ago about eleven and love dive having over 200m streams but u can have that queens of japan title too cause im done arguing

However it does look like u guys only look at nj achievements and ignore every other group's, and thats enough to take what u guys say with a grain of salt

I already lost count of how many threads wanting to proclaim nj as #1 gg and if guys want it so bad, just take it instead of asking other ppl's opinions

ignore what? I know LD and ELEVEN have over 200m streams since they hold the record for Longest charting songs on BB Hot 100 in Japan (4 gen)

I said just we don't have a conclusion since NJ hasn't debuted in Japan yet.

I never said NJ is more popular than IVE in Japan.

oh I know IVE is popular in Japan as 4 gen, but stats-wise, they don't really above the rest like Twice in Gen 3 or SNSD(KARA) in Gen 2 so isn't it too soon to reach a conclusion?

Ditto just surpassed 100 million streams in Japan and being the fastest foreign gg to do so too

• ignore what? I know LD and ELEVEN have over 200m streams since they hold the record for Longest charting songs on BB Hot 100 in Japan (4 gen)

I said just we don't have a conclusion since NJ hasn't debuted in Japan yet.

I never said NJ is more popular than IVE in Japan.

oh I know IVE is popular in Japan as 4 gen, but stats-wise, they don't really above the rest like Twice in Gen 3 or SNSD(KARA) in Gen 2 so isn't it too soon to reach a conclusion?

Ive hadnt debuted in Japan either when they reached 200m streams, but ok, got it. I just find weird how u guys always seem to think more about the future when talking about nj

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Forget it desdesdes its not worth it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Define bsides. All of said bsides were heavily promoted with MV and music show performances

I’m not denying they weren’t heavily promoted but for most groups it still wouldn’t have had as much succes

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• It’s funny ppl think IVE is competition for new jeans. It’s so obvious to anyone looking in that new jeans is gonna knock it out of the park by many folds for their next comeback.

Sure in Korea itself IVE and NJ may have similar level popularity but in Korea many GGs have always been trendy because Korea loves GGs. Not just them but other GGs may also rise in Korea. So like that’s not the defining factor.

But NJ is gonna have much higher sales and international performance with their next comeback you’ll have to be blind not to anticipate that hype.

• Yeah, but sometimes people like that need to be called out.

I mean, all of the hatred towards the girls is because people believing made up shit and misinformation.

That only gives information about them, not Ive. At the end of the day, people will believe what they want to believe, specially when the truth is easy to find. Ive will stay successful while this loser is being weird on a kpop forum and opening space for others to expose themselves.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• exactly what aespa fans said, and itzy fans said and ive fans said, and gidle fans said, :pepe-shrug:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• This thread contains 195 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!