What was the REAL reason twice fell off in Korea?

• Why did twice fall off? 33

1. Concept change- didn’t appear to Koreans any more (12) 36%
    2. Bad music (2) 6%
    3. Encore scandal (2) 6%
    4. Not as pretty as BLACKPINK (5) 15%
    5. Overexposure - Koreans got tired of them (12) 36%

Discuss and vote pls

• definitely not this, their recent songs are cute concepts and they still aren't doing as well as their peak era (TT)

they already lost hype right now, they need a viral hit to go back where they were, going back to the concept don't work, Gfriend tried too going back after changing concept and it didn't worked

I think Twice should full move to mature concept, there is no point in going back right now

• GP gets bored of girl groups. Especially ones like Twice who have been pumping out albums/content like machines for 7 years.

We all complain about BP never releasing anything, but it's definitely worked in their favor. They still feel fresh.

• Initial attempt at concept change impacted their fandom there alongside dating news, M&M encore ruined their standing with the public and then the attempt to go back to some of their older sounds unsuccessful due to bad music so not being able to compete against the increased competition.

If we’re being real there were multiple missteps.

• Everything

Concept changes hurt their popularity because they were know for only doing cute concept and nothing else, and they didn't even show 1% of diversity during this time, so when they change their concept, people just didn't conneect anymore and left them

Datings news weaken their image, JYP build Twice image around the Girl's next door/girls that every guy can have a crush on, by giving them cute songs about love, making theem cringy and forced aegyo in aall theeir choregraaphy, going around in tv show talking about how twice members are ban to date, all of this create a very precise image of twice in people mind who "fantasized"on twice members and were seeing them as girl with a very cute, pure, innocent and clean image that's why they had so much male fans and men from thee GP saying how their ideal type was twice and how they like twice

so when their dating news broke one after the others, the image this male made of Twice in their mind shatter and lot of them left twice, and considering that it was their main fans they lose a lot of support

+ them starting to become an old group in a musical industry who's evolving, Girl crush was becoming popular and girl crush songs were starting to be the one who were working the most in the chart, so thee fact that Twice was an old group was already making them lose fans because people were jumping to newest groups and also the fact that girl crush was so widespread and it was what the public and the industry was looking for while Twice was still stuck in a cute/in-between concept made them look like a "hasbeen" group who can't evolve at the same pace than the industry and the public needs to koreans

and finally the bad vocals was just the last nail in the coffin, their vocals were never a problem before because they were a cute girlgroup, nasally voice was kinda cute while singing about Oppa and doing mistakes was cute, but when they change of concept and everything who happened, suddenly theeir concept was more mature so people start to take them more seriously, and had expectations and when they continuously continue to do bad encore stage thee accumulation of everything leead to people turning their back even more on them

I don't think like concept change is the only thing who hurt their popularity like a lot of people seems to think because they went back to their cute concept and can't even re-gain momentum when we saw times and times that a lot of GG were able to rebound after multiple flops like red velvet, Mamamoo ( didn't flop but after starry night and before Hip they were not performing as well than they used to do), Apink etc...

I think in the case of Twice, it's an accumulation of everything, dating news, concept change, bad review afteer their controversial encore stage, being an old group etc....that's the reason why even after rebranding themselves again as a cute GG they aren't able anymore to gain back momentum and they just faded away in the background while the other top 3 GG of 3rd gen seems to still going strong in Korea, even if twice have some flop here and there like with birrthday

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• All the above are good ones. i think it was really the way they carried their activitites. Nothing different in promotions every time they came back. Just the same shows attending and putting out mini albums after mini albums. They have like 12 mini albums now. This business is entertainment so you gotta keep people guessing what u r about to do next.

• Lmao. While browsing through the past forum threads, I see 3 threads on 1 forum page of the same OP poster, that are all about how TWICE are declining etc, right after I saw a samelike thread by godkingteshub. OP, are you an alt of teshub? :p

Anyway, I think the answer is pretty simple: song popularity, and promotion.

Catchy songs were what made TWICE popular with the public, as soon as the songs became less addictive and charted less well, the Korean public directed their typically fleeting attention to other groups.

And JYP's choice of not having the individual members have solo activities like their own solo debuts and songs, acting careers etc - the kinda stuff that can keep the public aware of an idol group's existence - facilitated that diminishing of the public's interest.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• aside from bad music or change concept
    I want to add
    JYP failed to make a Suzy version of TWICE

another case of why
    Somi 😑 should be add since sixteen or that famous/infamous
    rumor back then on Knock Knock era Somi will be added on next comeback
    (I'm one of the pro Somi to TWICE)

a real center
    not Nayeon she not famous enough at their peak
    the real fan favorite back then are Tzuyu, Sana , Momo
    I don't care if they are foreign line JYP should push them instead of Nayeon

JYP failed promote them as an individual outside of their fandom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!