[NB] Suga and Hyoyeon post pictures of themselves dressed in Korean hanboks

• AVvXsEhIZT3XF_U_DTTKijF-IoopxqtCV5ePDO_quwhCqih9en5NYwDd2chKUt675U-QWxFWmEJF61xBz1CTZZkxdLGYTJhpSv5n0YVjlfafAdTgj-CZqEU3EFkQ6XqMCknKTmavAD_gNpx4c8ZXLth4ZX5uB4_etTImLYo4pCLm1Kh8jj6sQaG1PkIfMRd7=s16000

Article: BTS Suga posts Hanbok picture from 2 years ago to his fans worldwide

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+274] Pay attention to not only his hanbok but the lyrics to 'Daechwita' too.. ㅋㅋ who the real king is ㅋㅋ so on point, really..

2. [+228] Thank you 😢❤️ our BTS is doing what the government should be doing..

3. [+230] As always, BTS 👏😢❤️

4. [+230] We need to stop being scared of what China thinks and be confident when we speak up and claim what's ours. Suga is doing much better than what our pro-China government has been doing.

5. [+118] Hanbok belongs to Korea

6. [+26] The best 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏 Korea's traditional hanbok

7. [+26] We need to continue spreading our culture around the world with our webtoons, K-pop, K-dramas, movies, hanbok, Dokdo, kimchi, etc, and let it be known that all of it belongs to us

8. [+19] There's a reason that even men love BTS ㅋㅋ They are the real deal

9. [+30] Grant them military exemptions. They are truly protecting our country right now while our president does nothing ㅡㅡ

10. [+16] BTS RM and now Suga, I'm so, so proud that they are representing our country!!! Please continue to speak up like this!!! 👏

11. [+46] The pride of Korea, BTS 👏👍

12. [+9] So unfortunate that we're living in a reality where we have to claim what's already ours. The hanbok has always been ours and it makes me angry that it keeps being stolen from us. Please stop stealing from others and create your own.

AVvXsEisyzXtCYzdwem45OG3_h-_mKAfvl0D7mLrPVU0sz3FXw8MM6QOQgR5IWjg12ziMzT5Za5itfXPkL3cxLutsnaVQpV_jS3iDIbQ0Gnl92tFmwWWPy-4mi-wIEM46TMl16seFs4PGoD78A2crq5YMGL3oOmlekYUuEUhwr6LW_HIfV0AGJdKXmaLSJ_p=s16000

Article: Hyoyeon and Suga post pictures of Hanbok amidst China's claims

Source: Hankuk Ilbo via Naver

1. [+256, -4] Our K-Pop stars are doing what the government should be doing. You guys are much better than our government!! What is our government even doing with our taxes!?

2. [+83, -1] Hyoyeon the King, the God, for wearing our hanbok and dancing our fan dance and calling our hanbok "beautiful" ♡♡♡ You are so pretty and we support you!! The higher-ups could never dare say such a thing, tsk.

3. [+35, -1] Hope to see more celebrities in hanboks, and newsanchors too~~ ^^

4. [+18, -0] Please give BTS army exemptions, I've been totally loving them lately, especially with RM

5. [+8, -0] I support celebrities with good heads on their shoulders 👍👍👍

6. [+7, -0] We need to start a hanbok challenge on Tiktok

7. [+5, -0] True K-Pop stars. I'm so proud of BTS for being a group with only Korean members.

8. [+4, -0] Very cool of BTS 👍👍

-

Source: TBig News via YouTube

1. [+92] Very grateful that someone with so much influence shared a picture like this

2. [+56] Would've been nice if the Black Pink members gave a New Year greeting in pretty hanboks, too... disappointing that they either never thought of it or didn't think to do it. I was looking forward to seeing them in hanboks...

3. [+18] Very cool of our BTS ㅠㅠ so grateful that he expressed himself through a picture

4. [+20] Putting thoughts into action matters. Namjoon and Yoongi are so cool.

5. [+18] So cool ㅜㅜ I feel so much better that BTS spoke up ㅜㅜ

6. [+54] Men in the same age group support BTS~~~

7. [+30] Thank you BTS ㅠㅠ

8. [+34] The celebrities should start a hanbok challenge. Just post pictures of themselves wearing hanboks

Source

• this will always be like that sadly

because in the past sometimes Korea also had small part of Chinese land

and there were also times when China had half of Korean peninsula

example of few times when China had parts of Korea

800px-China_Dynasties.gif

example of Korea being bigger

balhae.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• glad yoongi and hyoyeon do whatever they want, no matter what chinese opinions are about hanboks

but i wonder how this situation is gonna end.. this olympic - cheating - hanbok thing is still full ongoing..

• For fucks sake. Hyoyeon has nothing to do with politics, she's not sending a message or anything. She's the face of a Korean tourism video (as expected of eternal ngg SNSD) from a week or so ago.

• The theme of the Winter Olympics Ceremony this year was to highlight ethnic diversity within China and push back allegations of Han Chinese oppressing minorities made by US funded human rights watchers which prompted a diplomatic boycott of the games. Unfortunately this backfired badly in South Korea. Perhaps China should consider Sinicizing the remaining 1 million ethnic Koreans (Joseon Zu) in Jilin Province. It's the only way to make these history illiterate South Koreans stfu.

• Wtf. Am I reading this wrong? How are they afraid of china claim on hanbok. They have been wearing and celebrating handbok for years.

Sure, there will be some Chinese nationalist claimed

hanbok come from China, but this just a few minority. We and the majority of the world know that hanbok belong to korea, and nobody can take it away from them. It's in their movie, drama, it's in many aspects of their culture. it's there to see. Nobody in China with a functioning brain claim this and also kimchi too.

Korea history has been mostly influenced by china, But Hanboks and Kimchi is the invention of the korean. Like, stop being insecure.

• glad yoongi and hyoyeon do whatever they want, no matter what chinese opinions are about hanboks

but i wonder how this situation is gonna end.. this olympic - cheating - hanbok thing is still full ongoing..

Nothing was wrong about hanbok in the opening ceremony.

The theme of the Winter Olympics Ceremony this year was to highlight ethnic diversity within China and push back allegations of Han Chinese oppressing minorities made by US funded human rights watchers which prompted a diplomatic boycott of the games. Unfortunately this backfired badly in South Korea. Perhaps China should consider Sinicizing the remaining 1 million ethnic Koreans (Joseon Zu) in Jilin Province. It's the only way to make these history illiterate South Koreans stfu.

They are more of them in Liaoning and Heilongjiang, making roughly 2 million in total. Looks like a pretty big minority group.

And, oppressing the Muslim minority separatist may be not too cruel. My country deals with such group in a gentler way, in a way aligning with the "universal" western standard. After 2 decades, what has happened is the number of Buddhist priests has shrunk from roughly 20k to 3k, over half of Buddhist population has given up their homeland and fled out for lives, almost 6k lives in total have lost, children, woman civilians and anti-separatist Muslimeen included. No end is in sight.

Wtf. Am I reading this wrong? How are they afraid of china claim on hanbok. They have been wearing and celebrating handbok for years.

During the opening ceremony of this year Winter Olympics, it was a performance portraying ethnic groups in China, a woman wearing hanbok included. The Korean enraged saying the Chinese claimed hanbok. The fact is they are roughly 2 million Korean ethnic Chinese citizens living in provinces neighboring North Korea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!