Nayeon Hard Carried JYPE This Year

• On the K-charts. Pop, released 6 months ago, and still charting. Was the highest charting JYPE song this year. Sneakers was a moderate success. Dice didn't totally flop, but was not a hit by any means. Cheshire's flopping, O.O flopped, and even JYP's new song is flopping surprisingly, lmao. Nayeon is the only one who saved this year from being a total flop digitally for JYPE (which I will now pronounce Jeep irl until further notice).

Let's all hail Queen Nayeon! The new Queen of JYPE. :pepe-pray: Let's all say thank you Nayeon!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• honestly fashionista Jean Yves Pierre was only charting thanks to bringing good artist for featurings

As for ITZY maybe market is so packed now with younger gg's that there just isn't much space to fill another good charting song in one year

TWICE is a shame, in terms of charting because they deserve much more love as a group, my only problem here is that Celebrate was much better song than TTT, it's another good song wasted for japanese-no-good-no-promo market.

NMIXX well I will comment it like that...

External Content www.youtube.com

• Oh man i still remember the mass hysteria when pop’s post chorus snippet was uploaded on tiktok as a spoiler and everyone had a mental breakdown bc it didn’t sound like a good song, with only one or two users here as exceptions actually liking that snippet lol. Little did we know what was in store to come and that pop would save jyp’s entire year :pepe-hehe:

• Sorry, TTT outsold. I know Onces seem to hate TTT, but I love that song. Probably my fave JYPE title track this year despite the fact it underperformed.

And, I only mentioned JYP because he surprisingly has a vocal fanbase on here lmao, and people always talk about how he saves the best promotions for himself, which is why his artists get shitty promotions. So, the fact he ended up flopping too must mean JYPE is just in bad shape in general (digitally, they are still making bank physically with 3 million selling groups and NMIXX not far behind).

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Sorry, TTT outsold. I know Onces seem to hate TTT, but I love that song. Probably my fave JYPE title track this year despite the fact it underperformed.

And, I only mentioned JYP because he surprisingly has a vocal fanbase on here lmao, and people always talk about how he saves the best promotions for himself, which is why his artists get shitty promotions. So, the fact he ended up flopping too must mean JYPE is just in bad shape in general (digitally, they are still making bank physically with 3 million selling groups and NMIXX not far behind).

well even if JYPE does worse than SM and HYBE, then they still do better than YG

which means they ain't out of that sweet big3 spot xD

External Content www.youtube.com

• Oh man i still remember the mass hysteria when pop’s post chorus snippet was uploaded on tiktok as a spoiler and everyone had a mental breakdown bc it didn’t sound like a good song, with only one or two users here as exceptions actually liking that snippet lol. Little did we know what was in store to come and that pop would save jyp’s entire year :pepe-hehe:

Exactly, ngl, I was one of those people iffy about "Pop".

But, somebody actually made a good decision in JYPE surprisingly.

Never would have guessed Pop would blow up on TikTok and in Japan.

I can proudly say that I'm one of the used here who licked the song since the release of the teaser

I still can't understand why TTT didn't do well.... it really sounded like a song that would do well for Onces....but I guess I was extremely wrong...

TTT is one of my favorite Twice track, I thought it was so good but I guess everyone else didn't agree.... what a shame...

I love that type of sound and I'm worry TTT's charting would encourage the company to go with a completely different sound next comeback...I swear to god if Twice's next TT sounds 4th gen, I'm going to flip tables :mads:

• I still can't understand why TTT didn't do well.... it really sounded like a song that would do well for Onces....but I guess I was extremely wrong...

TTT is one of my favorite Twice track, I thought it was so good but I guess everyone else didn't agree.... what a shame...

I love that type of sound and I'm worry TTT's charting would encourage the company to go with a completely different sound next comeback...I swear to god if Twice's next TT sounds 4th gen, I'm going to flip tables :mads:

Wut? I would kill to have Twice do a Next Level or Wadada. It would be amazin :chicken-jump:

As for TTT, it was too average sounding, it sounds like a copy of the Feels. I gave the Feels a 7, i think TTT was a 5 or 6.

Pop OTOH is rising, it might be a 7 for me now, a bop. Nayeon's infectious energy really carries the song, esp her awesome choreo.

• I still can't understand why TTT didn't do well.... it really sounded like a song that would do well for Onces....but I guess I was extremely wrong...

Tbh, I want JYPE to do something different sound wise. I mean, I love TTT, but JYPE have had Twice stuck in this retro sound since ICSM.

Like we have had ICSM, The Feels, Scientist, Celebrate, and TTT. All very retro sounding. I'd prefer they switch it up. Just because I only really liked 3 of those songs, and only 1 of them (TTT) has aged well for me.

I get that some Onces like you may really like that sound though, so I think TTT was a perfect middle ground even though it didn't do as well as I anticipated.

• Wut? I would kill to have Twice do a Next Level or Wadada. It would be amazin :chicken-jump:

As for TTT, it was too average sounding, it sounds like a copy of the Feels. I gave the Feels a 7, i think TTT was a 5 or 6.

Pop OTOH is rising, it might be a 7 for me now, a bop. Nayeon's infectious energy really carries the song, esp her awesome choreo.

Lol i disagree... i dont want a Nexl Level Twice... :zipr:

it seems out of character for the group.

• I get the whole retro thing being tiring, JYP definitely hung on to the sound for too long after everyone else left 1-2 comeback ago, I'm done with it too.

When I say that type of sound I just mean like catchy upbeat songs. Something like Queen of Hearts is a completely different sound but very Twice-like because Twice style lightened up the rock genre thst they attempted and it was brilliant.

What I mean is I don't want them to do is switch to something completely different like a mellow slow song like Attention or something hardcore like Tomboy just because it's doing well, I don't want JYP to follow trend but make their own trend.

• Ttt is the best title track in jyp this year even tho it’s not their best, it’s still a good song imo. Pop was alright but nayeon’s album is one of my favorite albums from this year with new jeans and proof

• I get the whole retro thing being tiring, JYP definitely hung on to the sound for too long after everyone else left 1-2 comeback ago, I'm done with it too.

When I say that type of sound I just mean like catchy upbeat songs. Something like Queen of Hearts is a completely different sound but very Twice-like because Twice style lightened up the rock genre thst they attempted and it was brilliant.

What I mean is I don't want them to do is switch to something completely different like a mellow slow song like Attention or something hardcore like Tomboy just because it's doing well, I don't want JYP to follow trend but make their own trend.

Yes, I agree.

Upbeat Twice is what I am here for. It's what made me fall in love with them. I am all for the girls exploring as soloists and units, but let's keep pop princess Twice for OT9!

• Is it true that Twice won no shows this time? That was a really good comeback one of their best recent ones. Think the songs from JYP GG's have been good, Twice with TTT and especially Queen of Hearts, Dice was very good from NMIXX, ITZY are releasing decent tracks without really killing it like they did before - their J-Release Blah Blah Blah is one of their best IMO.

According to Twitter, it didn't have any wins. I think it was released with After Like, so yeah, they had stiff competition.

I really liked Blah Blah Blah too.

• They better give Nayeon a comeback next year...

I feel any real soloist would have at last 1 comeback a year
    I need assurance from JYP that they plan to secure Nayeon's future as a soloist and not simply just doing it 1 time to shut fans up whos been asking for member solos.

I know Twice as a group still need a comeback and there are others who need to go solo so they need to put her in another division or form another team for her so the current team have time and resources to give the Twice and other members releases.

• I think the solos were part of their demands to re-sign with JYPE... before that they had all been those 'Melody Project' things ^^ - the problem with giving her more solos is do you not make way for other Twice soloists/ sub units first

Yes thats why I'm saying they'll need a separate team or division for her if they consider her a true soloist. It's only going to be an issue if the same team is working on everyone's solo and group.

Nayeon shouldn't have to wait until everyone gets a solo before having a comeback, that could be years, by then Nayeon's momentum from Pop is gone

Once a member debuts as a soloist, they should be considered an entirely separate entity which means as they're working on the other solos, there should be a separate team working on Nayeon's solo at the same time, not all tied to one team.

Likewise, once the next person debuts, they too should have a someone else working on their solo seperate from the team.

So a sample comeback schedule should look like this

2023 - Twice comoeback, Nayeon comeback, Jihyo debut, Misamo debut

2024 - Twice comeback, Nayeon comeback, Jihyo comeback, Misamo comeback, Jeongyeon debut

2025 - Twice comeback, Nayeon comeback, Jihyo comeback, Misamo comeback, Jeongyeon comeback, new member/subunit debut.

• They could have a separate team for Twice solos in general. Or, they could have 3 separate teams, where each team focuses on different members.

Honestly, I don't see most members promoting yearly. Maybe Jihyo and Nayeon, but I can't see all of them promoting solos yearly. Onces want Jeongyeon to have a solo, but I'm not sure if she wants that (for now). The fact it's taken her this long to even do a Melody project shows me she probably isn't that motivated for one at this moment. Maybe in a few years.

On the other hand, the members who have consistently put out content individually are Nayeon and Dahyun. So, I think those 2 are the most likely along with Jihyo to consistently promote musically as individuals.

• They could have a separate team for Twice solos in general. Or, they could have 3 separate teams, where each team focuses on different members.

Honestly, I don't see most members promoting yearly. Maybe Jihyo and Nayeon, but I can't see all of them promoting solos yearly. Onces want Jeongyeon to have a solo, but I'm not sure if she wants that (for now). The fact it's taken her this long to even do a Melody project shows me she probably isn't that motivated for one at this moment. Maybe in a few years.

On the other hand, the members who have consistently put out content individually are Nayeon and Dahyun. So, I think those 2 are the most likely along with Jihyo to consistently promote musically as individuals.

Yeah initially, an entire team for one person is a lot but as people debut, it would make sense to just have one team handle the solos. It also depends on the members musical style. I'm sure each team has a certain style. Nayeon's style is very close to the groups style, it might also make sense to have the Twice team also work on the group and Nayeon's solo and a separate team working on other soloist and subunits.

I was just using the names as examples. I feel if you don't plan to promote yearly, then they probably shouldn't have debut as a soloist. I'm not saying it in a rude way, I'm saying it as in if they really wanted to get into solo music, they'll naturally want to comeback at least once a year and if they don't they maybe they didn't want to be a soloist and the company shouldn't make the members have a solo debut. They company shouldn't make a member debut without the intention of following up with it properly, have them spend that time on their interest instead be it acting, modeling, variety, etc.

Becoming a soloist should primarily be for themselves and for the fans second, not the other way around.

• Yeah initially, an entire team for one person is a lot but as people debut, it would make sense to just have one team handle the solos. It also depends on the members musical style. I'm sure each team has a certain style. Nayeon's style is very close to the groups style, it might also make sense to have the Twice team also work on the group and Nayeon's solo and a separate team working on other soloist and subunits.

I was just using the names as examples. I feel if you don't plan to promote yearly, then they probably shouldn't have debut as a soloist. I'm not saying it in a rude way, I'm saying it as in if they really wanted to get into solo music, they'll naturally want to comeback at least once a year and if they don't they maybe they didn't want to be a soloist and the company shouldn't make the members have a solo debut. They company shouldn't make a member debut without the intention of following up with it properly, have them spend that time on their interest instead be it acting, modeling, variety, etc.

Becoming a soloist should primarily be for themselves and for the fans second, not the other way around.

Yes, I think a different music team would probably be needed for each member, but not necessarily a different marketing team. I don't think marketing teams are really separated by genres, and Twice's team has shown they can execute different marketing based on different styles (how well they execute is up for you to decide lol and that's more a company wide issue tbh). So, yeah, I don't see why the team themselves would have to be separated by music style but perhaps separated by which team fits what the member wants to do and execute the best.

And, I have a different take on the soloist track than you do. Sure, if a member decides they want to embark on a long term soloist career, it is JYPE's responsibility to provide them the resources, time, planning, and effort to successful do that, which would include releasing music consistently (if the solo career is profitable for the company). But, if a member decides they want to have a solo debut, but have no interest in another solo for 2 or 3 more years while they focus on their other interests, I don't think anything is wrong with that.

• Yes, I think a different music team would probably be needed for each member, but not necessarily a different marketing team. I don't think marketing teams are really separated by genres, and Twice's team has shown they can execute different marketing based on different styles (how well they execute is up for you to decide lol and that's more a company wide issue tbh). So, yeah, I don't see why the team themselves would have to be separated by music style but perhaps separated by which team fits what the member wants to do and execute the best.

And, I have a different take on the soloist track than you do. Sure, if a member decides they want to embark on a long term soloist career, it is JYPE's responsibility to provide them the resources, time, planning, and effort to successful do that, which would include releasing music consistently (if the solo career is profitable for the company). But, if a member decides they want to have a solo debut, but have no interest in another solo for 2 or 3 more years while they focus on their other interests, I don't think anything is wrong with that.

Ok, I agree as long as that's what they want. I was more concern about having a solo debut just because the fans want everyone to have a solo.

• Wut? I would kill to have Twice do a Next Level or Wadada. It would be amazin :chicken-jump:

FUCK NO

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

Oh god, I was one of those hating the snippet to the point of starting a "Twice please dont go solos anymore" campaign in this forum

:pepe-clown-walk::pepe-clown-walk::pepe-clown-walk:

• So a sample comeback schedule should look like this

2023 - Twice comoeback, Nayeon comeback, Jihyo debut, Misamo debut

2024 - Twice comeback, Nayeon comeback, Jihyo comeback, Misamo comeback, Jeongyeon debut

2025 - Twice comeback, Nayeon comeback, Jihyo comeback, Misamo comeback, Jeongyeon comeback, new member/subunit debut.

Hell yeah tons of Twice

:pepe-excited::pepe-excited::pepe-excited:

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!