imagine being bothered by blackpink u have to make a song dissing them...

• imagine being this irrelevant u have to use bp to make some noise

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Really? I didn’t take offense because I knew it was a joke and I have a broken sense of humor. People are really losing sleep over this? I mean, I guess they can if they want to, but really.

maybe read the lyrics again

• External Content twitter.com

• maybe read the lyrics again

Oh my goodness, how did I not realize this before? I was watching this video not thinking much of it other than "a diss track from someone looking for clout, it's kind of funny what great lengths he did to do make a point."

But this disgusting...I don't know how someone could enjoy it after getting to know these lyrics in the chorus.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Oh my goodness, how did I not realize this before? I was watching this video not thinking much of it other than "a diss track from someone looking for clout, it's kind of funny what great lengths he did to do make a point."

But this disgusting...I don't know how someone could enjoy it after getting to know these lyrics in the chorus.

yeah a diss would have been fine if it wasn't done in a poor taste they are implying their selling their bodies and not only that they are using all drags that antis say about blackpink and for what? for clout

7zNUmdt.png

this person explains better how I feel about this

• Really? I didn’t take offense because I knew it was a joke and I have a broken sense of humor. People are really losing sleep over this? I mean, I guess they can if they want to, but really.

I agree in a way. I think people do need to recognize that is a joke. If you listen to the full song that you know that it is made to be a joke. The whole thing was about how this artist "thought" that Blackpink was roasting Mozart for using Paganini in their song. That's why you see the man next to him in the costume made to represent Mozart lol. So in a way, he was defending him and in the end, it was sort of an explanation of those who didn't get it.

But the lyrics presented in this song most definitely could've been used differently. It wasn't a great choice at all.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I agree. I think people do need to recognize that is a joke. If you listen to the full song that you know that it is made to be a joke. The whole thing was about how this artist "thought" that Blackpink was roasting Mozart for using Paganini in their song. That's why you see the man next to him in the costume made to represent Mozart lol. So in a way, he was defending him and in the end, it was sort of an explanation of those who didn't get it.

So it's not really crazy. It's not meant to seriously hurt the girls, it's meant as a joke. However, those lines in the chorus don't sit well at all with me.

I see what you mean. I didn't catch onto the whole Mozart vs Paganini in the song, so I'm glad you pointed it out. The explanation at the end didn't make sense to me in that way at first, I thought it was just to clear up that it was a joke, not to explain it, so I'm very glad you did that for me.

I don't think it is either. I remember seeing those lines and not thinking much of it, thinking they weren't that bad, or no worse than other lines in the song, but after hearing why people are upset by them and their reasoning, I can understand why. Upon first listen, I just assumed it was like the expression of selling your soul (or technically signing it away, since they had that contract), but I figured it was just misinformed at worst since they do (sometimes, on occasion) get some creative input, so not entirely. Now though, I understand why that line probably should have been done away with. Long story short, upon first listen, I was aware of the line, but took it at the most surface value and didn't really consider what, if any, other meanings were implied behind it.

• yeah a diss would have been fine if it wasn't done in a poor taste they are implying their selling their bodies and not only that they are using all drags that antis say about blackpink and for what? for clout

7zNUmdt.png

this person explains better how I feel about this

Yeah, he was trying to get a joke across but the way he presented it through his lyrics was anything but great, especially in that chorus. It's easy to miss the point when the only thing you can focus on are those disgusting lyrics.

I'm disappointed tbh. It could've been enjoyable but he messed up with certain parts of the song that just don't sit well with a lot of us.

It's on Spotify too.

• I see what you mean. I didn't catch onto the whole Mozart vs Paganini in the song, so I'm glad you pointed it out. The explanation at the end didn't make sense to me in that way at first, I thought it was just to clear up that it was a joke, not to explain it, so I'm very glad you did that for me.

I don't think it is either. I remember seeing those lines and not thinking much of it, thinking they weren't that bad, or no worse than other lines in the song, but after hearing why people are upset by them and their reasoning, I can understand why. Upon first listen, I just assumed it was like the expression of selling your soul (or technically signing it away, since they had that contract), but I figured it was just misinformed at worst since they do (sometimes, on occasion) get some creative input, so not entirely. Now though, I understand why that line probably should have been done away with. Long story short, upon first listen, I was aware of the line, but took it at the most surface value and didn't really consider what, if any, other meanings were implied behind it.

Yeah, the worst about this is that he meant it as a joke and nothing too serious. But his word choice is what sets people off and I don't blame tbh. Maybe if he used less alarming lyrics and made the point of the song more clear than it may have been better perceived. But tbh, I only see reasons where he is at fault here.

That's pretty much how I felt about it the first listen. I didn't think much of those lyrics other than expression. But I kind of see it in a new light now and I'm understanding more how bad that sounds. Whether he meant it or not, it could easily sit with people the wrong way.

• Imo the worst thing about this is that its absolute garbage. The song is bad. The song is so bad I'm wishing misfortune on everyone involved in making it.

At least Bart Baker, Shame Dawson and ERB put effort into making their disstracks sound good and the disses actually be clever. This just sounds like every Primadonna on Reddit. Lazy af:pepe-no-sign:

• Omg I love twoset lol. I saw this and I knew the blinks would be mad. It kinda rubbed me the wrong way as well but they do this for so many pop songs so I just know its part of their brand. Sometimes they come off as pretentious classical musicans that think all pop music is trash but I usually just ignore it because I like them for their classical music content anyways. The vid was kinda funny tho some of the stuff they said was true (but goddamn can they at least rap on beat ;( you'd think classical musicians would be better at that)

• I'm confused at how people think that chorus is about selling bodies.

"Sell your Soul" is a common diss in the music industry. It began in the 60s, and it's all about how an artist heavily commercializes their sound for a paycheck.

Which goes back to the title Sell out, a slang that originated from 1970s Punk Rock about rock stars who sacrificed their musical integrity to reach a wider audience.

• I'm confused at how people think that chorus is about selling bodies.

"Sell your Soul" is a common diss in the music industry. It began in the 60s, and it's all about how an artist heavily commercializes their sound for a paycheck.

Which goes back to the title Sell out, a slang that originated from 1970s Punk Rock about rock stars who sacrificed their musical integrity to reach a wider audience.

I was confused at first too and thought basically the same thing you did. I would explain it, but I can't think of the right words, so I'm sure someone else can bridge the connection.

• I was confused at first too and thought basically the same thing you did. I would explain it, but I can't think of the right words, so I'm sure someone else can bridge the connection.

Personally I think the song isn't good. But I also think it's woefully benign. Even by kpop standards. BTS has dropped more scathing/controversial diss tracks.

The only thing I could think being particularly egregious is maybe the dogs... but like this diss track is pretty kids bop otherwise.

• Lol nah I don't see the sell your bodies thing.

He meant sell your soul to the label, drawing a parallel to the accusation that Paganini sold his soul to the devil for his ability. He is impying that the BP girls sold their soul to a record label, a fairly common accusation levelled at any pop star that trades creative control or their image for fame.

I think people implying otherwise are either outright wrong, over reacting or purposely misconstruing the meaning to make a fake point and fake hysteria (which let's face it, kpop fans love to do).

He meant sell your soul to the label, drawing a parallel to the accusation that Paganini sold his soul to the devil for his ability. He is impying that the BP girls sold their soul to a record label, a fairly common accusation levelled at any pop star that trades creative control or their image for fame.

I think people implying otherwise are either outright wrong, over reacting or purposely misconstruing the meaning to make a fake point and fake hysteria (which let's face it, kpop fans love to do).

Exactly this! Couldn't have articulated it better :spammerpepe:

• Parody and black humor are great when executed properly but the line for it to become cringy or straight up offensive is very, very thin.

Unfortunately a lot of people are not skilled enough to not cross the line - and we have the perfect example here.

• Their song Duh Duh Duh Dum is better than this.

But the general conceit of the MV is also Paganini being mad at Blackpink for using his music. And that assumption is inverted at the end as "Paganini" is informed it's not about him.

With what other people said above, you guys are taking this way too seriously, and definitely reading things into is that aren't there. And if you didn't like it, why post here? I only found this due to your link here, and have listened to some of their stuff now. Aussie lads by the sounds of things.

You just amplified something you hate. Honestly if I didn't know any better I sometimes think you guys like being "victims", with how much people like yourself amplify things you supposedly dislike.

This pretty much! People are complaining over nothing

• He's playing a character. It's the character that's bothered by Blackpink, not actually him. His character reacted to Shut Down and thought the song was an attack on him.

Don't judge before knowing the full context! :pepefacepalm:

External Content youtu.be

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Personally I think the song isn't good. But I also think it's woefully benign. Even by kpop standards. BTS has dropped more scathing/controversial diss tracks.

The only thing I could think being particularly egregious is maybe the dogs... but like this diss track is pretty kids bop otherwise.

I was thinking like that until they said unlike you I got principles let's be real it's very thin line people are right to get offended they could have dissed in a differently way not to mention that other people have accused blackpink of horrible things I don't want to mention before it's related to this. Also the imagery of the 4 dogs in the thumbnail it's very done in poor taste

Ffrb6gCUoAY0-CL?format=jpg&name=small

• I think the video was done in good intentions to be a funny parody(I have watched them before, i play violin). I can see why people who don't have much context about them or Paganini might take offense.

But all in all, they are doing it as a joke

External Content www.youtube.com

Though I think they should clarify in a comment or something that it's a parody/joke and it's not serious at all cause the mv thing is attracting a lot of Blackpink haters and blinks hating on them.

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!