[NEW VIDEO] the whole Crush being racist situation is misunderstood and he isnt actually being racist ?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

plot thickens.. u guys can read the whole thread tho

• He wasn't being racist. The assholes that did wanted to stir trouble and with how public and poplar crap can get it risks causing bigger issues for themselves. Secondly every clown 🤡🤡 on here and on Twitter owe crush an apology. You won't look like an idiot if you just wait for all the evidence instead quickly judging based on nothing

• this was obviously blown way out of proportion and kpop stans always do this shit. apparently the girl who started this has tried to claim other korean artists ignored her at concerts.

who's your favorite artist?

• He wasn't being racist. The assholes that did wanted to stir trouble and with how public and poplar crap can get it risks causing bigger issues for themselves. Secondly every clown 🤡🤡 on here and on Twitter owe crush an apology. You won't look like an idiot if you just wait for all the evidence instead quickly judging based on nothing

You don't need to insult anyway, you seem quite immature. People make mistakes and the video really seemed like he avoided that person.

I also think he deserves an apology, and I do apology for thinking he did that on purpose, but to be honest I think some people won't change their minds about him, but I won't be angry because of that, it's their life not mine :pepe-shrug:

You should care less about what people do online.

• It's not my place to tell a black person that they didn't experience discrimination because I'm not black nor am I that person to judge their feelings. I do think a lot of the comments I've seen about the OP have crossed major lines into racism on their own. People can draw their own conclusions about Crush and the situation based on all the videos, but people are throwing away morals over fucking kpop.

• At least, his career wasn't ruined. There's that.

What's sad is that people like op tend to turn serious issues like "blm" into a joke by such antics.

• What is with all the Crush oppapologists having super hearing, lip reading abilities, and being able to read his mind in the moment of that interaction. Stop making excuses, just say you didn't see him do anything wrong. I personally thought the optics didn't look good but I am not going to ascribe intention behind his actions when he probably didn't know exactly either. My problem with him was his apology. It was a crap apology. Whether he meant it or not, fans were hurt by his actions. He should have just said he was sorry and he would try harder in the future. Or not said anything at all. Just like anytime korean fans call out korean celebrities for trivial stuff like not bowing, dating, not being respectful, reading feminist books, etc.

• What is with all the Crush oppapologists having super hearing, lip reading abilities, and being able to read his mind in the moment of that interaction. Stop making excuses, just say you didn't see him do anything wrong. I personally thought the optics didn't look good but I am not going to ascribe intention behind his actions when he probably didn't know exactly either. My problem with him was his apology. It was a crap apology. Whether he meant it or not, fans were hurt by his actions. He should have just said he was sorry and he would try harder in the future. Or not said anything at all. Just like anytime korean fans call out korean celebrities for trivial stuff like not bowing, dating, not being respectful, reading feminist books, etc.

honestly, its so confusing to me that people think his apology was "terrible". he explained his perspective and his intentions in his own words. whether you want to believe what he said or not is up to you, but there is evidence backing him up in these videos. he skipped multiple sections of people, he did that hand gesture multiple times, he didn't say "no" like the accuser said, even if it is not 100% clear what exactly he said. in his mind he is being falsely accused and its weird that y'all just expect celebs to bend to your every whim regardless of how they feel as if they aren't human too. there are two sides to every story, always and i believe you do not make fair judgements by only listening to one side and completely ignoring the other.

whether crush is truly racist or not is not something we know. but this situation doesn't prove it. and people scrounging to find stuff on him like the blackface incident from 2016 and the fact that he deleted his blm post when he deleted other posts years ago to make the racist accusation stick is kinda meh. you don't have to support him or anyone for that matter. but just calling people racist for everything only ever gets used against us. we can only hope he reflects more on himself and understands the perspectives of black people more and his more careful with his action in the future

• Thr funny thing of this account u link is the #s that come with those threads. They are not looking to prove he didn't do anything but for people to apologize to someone related to him bc they are calling the racist too

U can go back to their account and see who I'm talking about

• honestly, its so confusing to me that people think his apology was "terrible". he explained his perspective and his intentions in his own words. whether you want to believe what he said or not is up to you, but there is evidence backing him up in these videos. he skipped multiple sections of people, he did that hand gesture multiple times, he didn't say "no" like the accuser said, even if it is not 100% clear what exactly he said. in his mind he is being falsely accused and its weird that y'all just expect celebs to bend to your every whim regardless of how they feel as if they aren't human too. there are two sides to every story, always and i believe you do not make fair judgements by only listening to one side and completely ignoring the other.

whether crush is truly racist or not is not something we know. but this situation doesn't prove it. and people scrounging to find stuff on him like the blackface incident from 2016 and the fact that he deleted his blm post when he deleted other posts years ago to make the racist accusation stick is kinda meh. you don't have to support him or anyone for that matter. but just calling people racist for everything only ever gets used against us. we can only hope he reflects more on himself and understands the perspectives of black people more and his more careful with his action in the future

Did you miss the excuses and victim blaming he did in his "apology"? He should have kept it simple with no excuses. When apologizing, you don't makes excuses or assign blame. It means you aren't sincerely sorry and you just want the other person to shut up about the issue. It's why some apologies aren't accepted. When I read apologies to korean fans I don't see any of this: well this is why I did it and you are wrong for thinking I did something wrong when I didn't. The only reason this is an issue is because of you.

• I mean I’ll admit that i honestly did think Crush WOULD be a racist because he’s worn black face so once someone said he did something racist AND posted MULTIPLE videos of proof it still seemed believable, and honestly even after some of the videos disproved that he skipped the girls specifically, i still think he’s probably a racist regardless, just not acting in a racist way in this moment.

I’m honestly shocked that black people would even go to a crush concert tbh

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Did you miss the excuses and victim blaming he did in his "apology"? He should have kept it simple with no excuses. When apologizing, you don't makes excuses or assign blame. It means you aren't sincerely sorry and you just want the other person to shut up about the issue. It's why some apologies aren't accepted. When I read apologies to korean fans I don't see any of this: well this is why I did it and you are wrong for thinking I did something wrong when I didn't. The only reason this is an issue is because of you.

Seek help. Touch grass. Go out. Etc.

• Nothing about that video was ever believable. It was literally few seconds long. No matter how it “looked” everyone should have questioned a small clip. That’s called having basic common sense. The people who decided to hate on him already had predisposed opinions about him that’s about it. Rather than saying this caused it, it was actually his past actions that caught up to him.

• Did you miss the excuses and victim blaming he did in his "apology"? He should have kept it simple with no excuses. When apologizing, you don't makes excuses or assign blame. It means you aren't sincerely sorry and you just want the other person to shut up about the issue. It's why some apologies aren't accepted. When I read apologies to korean fans I don't see any of this: well this is why I did it and you are wrong for thinking I did something wrong when I didn't. The only reason this is an issue is because of you.

ok but who has the authority to decide whether something is an "excuse" or a valid explanation? his whole point was that he didn't avoid two specific people for being black. again, i think people should not expect celebs to just take it and not defend themselves. and i hope you realize even if he hadn't made "excuses" the backlash he's getting would have still been the same. people have already decided whether or not they think he's racist and they are not going to change their minds. i don't know what sample size of apologies to kfans you are using but there are plenty that also include more than just "sorry, im going to reflect".

anyway this is just my opinion.

• Regardless of whether he did or didn't do it, I do think there's something here to kpop fans always trying to discredit the experiences of Black kpop fans.

the other side of this is that some people make everything a race issue. i used to hate it when people said that "stop making everything a race issue" bc , a lot of things ARE race issues. but as i've lived more and experienced more life as an adult, i have seen first hand fellow black people using their race as a weapon and automatically bringing up racism at every minor misfortune. because of these two sides the whole community is riddled with skepticism and minimizing real issues and magnifying and overstating genuine non issues.

• the other side of this is that some people make everything a race issue. i used to hate it when people said that "stop making everything a race issue" bc , a lot of things ARE race issues. but as i've lived more and experienced more life as an adult, i have seen first hand fellow black people using their race as a weapon and automatically bringing up racism at every minor misfortune. because of these two sides the whole community is riddled with skepticism and minimizing real issues and magnifying and overstating genuine non issues.

I'm not denying that happens to but the immediate response is usually to discredit rather than attempt to understand.

I've avoided commenting at all about this issue.... BUT this take really ain't it

Being accused of racism of this nature is not "trivial" in any way and I don't think any normal human would accept and apologise or just "not say anything at all" if that was not their intent...he posted a clarification and apologised for any misunderstanding his actions may have caused.

You trying to make it seem like there was something wrong with his statement seems in bad faith to me...

• Kpop stans always love to judge someone's character based on 10 seconds videos, it doesn't really help that people love to assume the worst and create drama. I don't know much about this guy but seeing the clips from multiple angles, it seems like he was trying to avoid fans getting hurt. I don't want to say anything about OP because I don't know their genuine intentions, but being a certain race shouldn't be an excuse from shitty behavior either.

• I don't expect much from kpop fans because they love to deflect and dismiss any accusations of racism or discrimination. The real issue is that South Korea refuses to speak about their racism or discrimination policies or opinions. Defending black face is a thing in SK. Such deniel is reinforced by international kpop fans and kboos doing the work for korean celebrities. If you genuinely believe that racism and discrimination doesn't exist in SK then you have no integrity or sincerety. If your whole society refuses to acknowledge that racism/discrimination exists in your country and that is should not be tolerated then you are more likely to harbor bias and act upon it because no one will judge you for it. Also racism/discrimination is not obvious most of the time. It is subtle with an always logical reason why and then the people around you are always quick to say YOU are being too sensitive, it's not always about race, you are looking for something that isn't there. That is how racism/discrimination exists and thrives. Crush took an opportunity to not do this and did exactly what people always do. He dismissed it and deflected it.

• You don't need to insult anyway, you seem quite immature. People make mistakes and the video really seemed like he avoided that person.

I also think he deserves an apology, and I do apology for thinking he did that on purpose, but to be honest I think some people won't change their minds about him, but I won't be angry because of that, it's their life not mine :pepe-shrug:

You should care less about what people do online.

That's not a mistake 😂🤡🤡🤡 that's willful negligence. You know that a situation could be more than what it was but instead of saying. "Hey are you sure this is true, and not something else? Hey guy lets investigate first" people just quick judge and now they are wrong and don't care the harm they did. I'm sure this comment wouldn't even be a thing if the idol suffered a mental breakdown or worse from such a fake accusation. 🤡🤡

• I don't expect much from kpop fans because they love to deflect and dismiss any accusations of racism or discrimination. The real issue is that South Korea refuses to speak about their racism or discrimination policies or opinions. Defending black face is a thing in SK. Such deniel is reinforced by international kpop fans and kboos doing the work for korean celebrities. If you genuinely believe that racism and discrimination doesn't exist in SK then you have no integrity or sincerety. If your whole society refuses to acknowledge that racism/discrimination exists in your country and that is should not be tolerated then you are more likely to harbor bias and act upon it because no one will judge you for it. Also racism/discrimination is not obvious most of the time. It is subtle with an always logical reason why and then the people around you are always quick to say YOU are being too sensitive, it's not always about race, you are looking for something that isn't there. That is how racism/discrimination exists and thrives. Crush took an opportunity to not do this and did exactly what people always do. He dismissed it and deflected it.

I'm confused. If the original fans claimed Crush said no while only rejecting their hands but Crush knew that didn't happen, should he just accept the accusation and apologize/admit guilt? Are you saying if any Korean celebrity is accused of racism, they should always accept and apologize regardless of the context?

If fans were calling him out for his 2016 blackface, I'd agree with everything you're saying. But it feels weird to make an ambiguous 10-second clip (that was for whatever reason muted when there are other clips that aren't muted) the reason to speak on SK's history of racial insensitivity.

The conclusion from this entire debacle should be to avoid witch hunting over 10-second ambiguous videos. I'm not saying the original fans were purposely lying or had ulterior motives. I can believe they genuinely felt hurt or ignored. But if they say something that seems largely misunderstood (Crush saying no and only rejecting their hands), I don't understand why Crush isn't allowed to correct that misunderstanding.

• The problem is the og op muted the vid and claimed crush said no when refusing to touch their hand.

They attached a narrative to the video that gave it the racist angle.

Other vids show that he said be careful.

I undrestand people want to avoid victim blaming, but there is more layer to this than just a misunderstanding.

External Content www.youtube.com

The main character syndrome affect of western fans is very strong. IS racism here in Korea an issue? Yes it is. Is it constantly brushed away? No there are many cases of celebrities,news articles among other things including poles of the general public about race issues and some broader education terms this was more apparent when we held black lives matter protests in Korea especially following the tragic injustice with George flyod.

Now yes some accusations of racism are deflected when people bring them up in the face of known culture and tradition an example michol from the popular kids show Dooly, for Many years the characters were liked and there wasn't an issue until kpop artists began using it in any cosplay and that plus the cartoon viewed by an international audience found it offensive

I guess you could call that racism due to ignorance but that is not malicious or evil. The world is connected yet isolated at the same time, I bet there's many things thr majority of people in this fourm could not label off to me that is offensive in Korea or Asia? That same applies here, the whole theres Internet is a bullshit excuse because the overwhelming vast majority of people do not learn more than what they think they need to live their own life. As most people do not leave their own country let alone their own community so any advanced lessons or two or three courses of history about another country and it's relationships and all its various people is not something people do. This is especially true in countries that are culturally and racially homogeneous, where there's one central image and ideology for the nation as a whole.

You can even test this in more melting pot areas such as the USA I have lived in LA Chicago and New York and I have asked various people of age, social class,race and gender about what their education level was about various race issues,all of them can tell you the general stuff like dont treat people badly or use slurs etc, but almost none of them could give you more sutble stuff that is seen as offensive without a large amount of studying being done on specific subjects and countries. Most people won't study this stuff. Example most fans that listen to kpop just listen to enjoy the music and like their favorite groups that's it, barely any of them took the time to study Korean culture history traditions and customs or all the things that can or can't be offensive. But should they be called racist? No

People see forgien fans as being too sensitive because their ignorance flies in the face of history, black face was a terrible thing perpetrated by white people. But then in countries that had zero to do with any of this had dark characters in folklore etc like Japan with gangryu and geisha there's characters in both who have black painted faces and skin to highlight a character being a demon or something else in that nations history a thing that's been done for thousands of years before America was even a thing. So when someone from overseas tells you its racist of course you brush it off.

That's like me coming upto to you and saying hey that red car you drove for 20yrs offends me, you are going to be very dissmissive as you your community and everything around you had no issue with that red car until a stranger from far away told you its bad some 25yrs later.

I say nain character syndrome because alot of western fans think USA history is somehow supposed to be world history taught in every classroom around the world and that the local history and cultures of other nations are irrelevant to what they think is most important now. The world in reality does not revolve around you

• i don't personally think the situation was problematic to begin with, but lbr black kpop stans have all the reasons in the world not to give idols the benefit of the doubt so i don't really blame anyone looking at this with a different pov.

ok but what about people who are falsely accused of being racist? there are two sides to every coin. you are ignoring the people who get caught in the crossfire when someone misconstrues and manipulates a situation so they look like the victim. which is kind of what we're trying to say seems to have happened here? you don't seem to understand that some people lie. not everyone has good intentions, and thats part of the reason behind the immense skepticism behind these things, especially recently.

• That's not a mistake 😂🤡🤡🤡 that's willful negligence. You know that a situation could be more than what it was but instead of saying. "Hey are you sure this is true, and not something else? Hey guy lets investigate first" people just quick judge and now they are wrong and don't care the harm they did. I'm sure this comment wouldn't even be a thing if the idol suffered a mental breakdown or worse from such a fake accusation. 🤡🤡

Ok, Mrs. Above Everyone Else :pepe-flirt:

• I didn't know people liked crush so much in AKP ^^

I like

External Content youtu.be

• Yeah I'm really disappointed that I and so many other people fell for the OP :( Honestly I wish he'd sue as this was obviously malicious editing

• Yeah I'm really disappointed that I and so many other people fell for the OP :( Honestly I wish he'd sue as this was obviously malicious editing

I always give people the benefit of doubt bc racism is a very common problem and alot of people are hurt by its consequences.

Alot of people like us believed it too quickly bc frankly there was nothing to gain from it?

Still doesn't make sense. I undrestand feeling hurt about it, but then just post the actual vid not an edited version.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I didn't know people liked crush so much in AKP ^^

Im gonna be completely honest, one of the reasons why i jumped in and didnt give him the benefit of the doubt was the allegations by Knetz that he was salty about Ryujin's harmless Vlive comments explaining the Crush/Joy tax joke. I didn't like it, i thought this was the telltale sign of an insecure, fragile egoed little man, getting all pressed about an idol half his age describing a common joke. Coupled with the blackface, it wasn't hard to not give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Woah you typed an entire essay...

And it looks good when I used desktop view on mobile devices ^^

Screenshot_20221014-003620.jpg

• I like

External Content youtu.be

Legendary performance from queens 😍 gosh its bringing back so many memories

• Im gonna be completely honest, one of the reasons why i jumped in and didnt give him the benefit of the doubt was the allegations by Knetz that he was salty about Ryujin's harmless Vlive comments explaining the Crush/Joy tax joke. I didn't like it, i thought this was the telltale sign of an insecure, fragile egoed little man, getting all pressed about an idol half his age describing a common joke. Coupled with the blackface, it wasn't hard to not give him the benefit of the doubt.

it's completely understandable to be honest, plus This is how life is, when you have history with questionable actions/remarks, people will be taking those into account next time you are involved in a situation.

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!