What K-pop opinions have you kept to yourself, but would like to share??

•                                                             What K-pop opinions have you kept to yourself, but would like to share??

Hello to everyone :)

This is my first post on ALLKPOP!!

The reason being is to collect some material for upcoming content. For some background info, I am a user on Quora. And for the time that I have been on Quora, the question for unpopular opinions regarding K-pop has been a popular topic in K-quora. Now in no way am I trying to gain any sort of attention for this highly recognized topic. Simply, I thought that it would be kind of interesting to see what kind of opinions people have here on ALLKPOP, and if I were able to share that with other k-pop fans on Quora (many opinions over there have become repetitive :/).

So it would really mean a lot to me, if any of you were to share some of your personal opinions on K-pop. <3

[There are no guidelines to what opinions you have to put, whether it be about a group, a certain album/song, industry, fans, etc,.]

:blowing-kiss: -Sara M

work in progress

Edited 2 times, last by Sara-M ().

• being a kpop fan is embarassing, thanks to certain fans, especially those on twt

it wasn't embarassing back in 2012/2013 but nowadays i would never tell anyone i like kpop

• The white font is killing me.

There are lot of opinions, I don't really say all of them.

I absolutely hate it when idols when they do cringey stuff like saying "Their fans are girlfriends or what not" even IG they are my faves, I am massively disappointed in them as well.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Because you're not using the superior design of all, the blackout one.

• hello! welcome! <3

i might add more later lol

also i love quora lol i have too much fun with it.

• My eyes are straining because of the white front but here's mine:

- in general kpop fans are embarassing

- fan culture is absolutely insane

- buying multiple versions of an album is a waste of money.

- the snow app is the devil.

- mullets are bad

- eye contacts are so annoying to me because they look crazy on idols.

- bleach blond hair, no matter how pretty it is, is so cringy to me because I imagine how bad the idols scalp must feel

- kpop fans feed into toxic stan culture

- kpop makeup artists need to up their game, it's the same peachy nude eyeshadow with a pink lip.

- makeup artists need to stop putting shades that are 10 times lighter than the idols skin colour on their face, at least blend it in on their neck as well.

• new groups all sound the same

Save me is bts best song

solo artists have more exciting songs than groups since last year

95% of idols have had plastic surgery and fans should accept it

i prefer ot8 over ot9 snsd :pepe-cross:

• Kpop idols would look more attractive if they tanned instead of caking on the whitening makeup.

I wish GG would really focus on building lean muscle instead of dieting to stay slim.

Kpop is too restricted by Korean societal norms and their own insane fanbases. Would be nice to see a lot more diversity for BG instead of just the flowerboy look, would be nice to see GG being able to flaunt their sex appeal the way BG can, imagine a GG coming out with a song like WAP. Let idols breathe, let them smoke, curse, drink, party like normal 20 year olds. Let them sing about sex, drugs, and rocknroll ffs.

• Kpop idols would look more attractive if they tanned instead of caking on the whitening makeup.

I wish GG would really focus on building lean muscle instead of dieting to stay slim.

Kpop is too restricted by Korean societal norms and their own insane fanbases. Would be nice to see a lot more diversity for BG instead of just the flowerboy look, would be nice to see GG being able to flaunt their sex appeal the way BG can, imagine a GG coming out with a song like WAP. Let idols breathe, let them smoke, curse, drink, party like normal 20 year olds. Let them sing about sex, drugs, and rocknroll ffs.

songs like WAP :pepe-cross:

• Bighit marketing BTS as a woke socially aware activist group when those guys never speak explicitly on any social issues like racism and homophobia and just say stuff that their PR preapproves is disgusting and only works on kids and stans who are too far up their asses to use their brains. The company's marketing tactics are very obvious and very offputting. Them using BLM as promo was the lowest they went so far. I don't blame locals for side eying the group anymore (and kpop as a whole).

All I wanted was for BTS to keep making music they love (not the shit they put out now, just look at their recent performances of their old songs, they look so much happier and alive performing them than they do in newer songs that are almost entirely written by hired producers with minimum involvement of the group) and be acknowledged for it.

• Hopefully it's not your last post! :mad:

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Bighit marketing BTS as a woke socially aware activist group when those guys never speak explicitly on any social issues like racism and homophobia and just say stuff that their PR preapproves is disgusting and only works on kids and stans who are too far up their asses to use their brains. The company's marketing tactics are very obvious and very offputting. Them using BLM as promo was the lowest they went so far. I don't blame locals for side eying the group anymore (and kpop as a whole).

All I wanted was for BTS to keep making music they love (not the shit they put out now, just look at their recent performances of their old songs, they look so much happier and alive performing them than they do in newer songs that are almost entirely written by hired producers with minimum involvement of the group) and be acknowledged for it.

You trolling.

BTS took on the school system, the government, and social treatment of young workers, and they CAUSED CHANGE. "BLM for promo" lol, they donated to charity, what do you want them to do? Look up their group donations and the various members' private donations, they donate to charity CONSTANTLY. And ARMY donates to charity in their name. Since the 9th, ARMY has donated 132,000 USD to a hospital for kids in Yoongi's name in honor of his birthday, plus dozens of other projects. What has your fav done lately for social causes?

• Unless the idol speaks/ comfortable speaking in English, I rather their songs sang in full Korean! it's kpop not K - English pop? We don't see artist in the west singing part English/ part Korean. Companies need to stop forcing it and let idols shine singing their own language

:lover1:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• -New K-POP groups and songs are too similar and generic. I think because the companies are trying to cater to Western Indusry.

-Group names are becoming really "dumb,": DBK, TXT, TOO, ONF. Don't get me wrong not hating on the groups just why are K-POP group names just become letters, there is no creativity in them.

-Every groups fandom is toxic and not becoming a stan of a group are just not listening to a group because of their fans is just dumb.

-Most of the idol rappers in newer groups sound and rap like they were just thrown into the rap position.

-Too add to that. K-POP songs don't always need a rap part. You can tell when they threw a rap part into a song that didn't originally have one.

:thumbup::thumbup:

• You trolling.

BTS took on the school system, the government, and social treatment of young workers, and they CAUSED CHANGE. "BLM for promo" lol, they donated to charity, what do you want them to do? Look up their group donations and the various members' private donations, they donate to charity CONSTANTLY. And ARMY donates to charity in their name. Since the 9th, ARMY has donated 132,000 USD to a hospital for kids in Yoongi's name in honor of his birthday, plus dozens of other projects. What has your fav done lately for social causes?

You clearly are a child so this one time I won't be too hard on you, arguing with kids isn't my style lol. If I tell you who my faves are you're gonna have a hart attack probably... I'll let you guess. And I'll let you read my post again. It starts with "Bighit marketing BTS as a woke socially aware activist group when those guys never speak explicitly on any social issues, you for some reason replied with something that has nothing to do with my post. So go read it again lol.

What change did they cause? They don't speak on social issues. They avoid the topics of racism and homophobia except saying 1-2 bare minimum sentences. They didn't 'take on' anything, they're simply writing songs, they're one of the MANY musicians in Korea who have talked about the things you mentioned, and a lot of them brought more awareness to it than BTS. Mental health, LGBTQA right, racism - many artists talked about this. ACTUALLY TALKED, not just said 2 words. BTS mostly write about them because Bighit knows these topics attract young fans. The survey Bighit did where they ask fans personal questions about depression will tell you that lmao. Bighit uses mental health and social issues as promo. Just facts here nothing else.

They donated to charity and? Millions of people do so? Almost every idol ever has donated to charities, you know that? Some of them donate more than BTS. Do donations make them woke legendary social activists?? Btw their donations aren't private, the media always writes about them. Again this has nothing to do with my post.

Yes, they did use BLM for promo, it's so obvious only total idiots still deny it lmao. It was brought up in every interview for no reason like they did something heroic, Bighit still uses BLM and their performative donation to promote them, BTS and other 2 groups donated exactly at the same time and tweeted about BLM at the same time, then had their 'heroic' action and kpop stans' 'activism' (aka spamming fancams) praised on American TV the next day <3 So unplanned! Not intentional at all lolol. BTS were silent about protests for days, everyone was asking them to speak up and raise awareness. They kept ignoring it. Tweeted only at the last moment. It was a planned promo honny. BTS kings of social awareness <33333

Armys were bullyng Black fans and everyone who was asking BTS to speak, and donated only after BTS did. Then started to bully Black fans again shoving their performative donations in their faces. Armys don't give a shit about activism lol. Oh besides, the organization BTS donated to has nothing to do with Black lives, none of that money went to victims. If they really cared they would research it. (:

AR

• You clearly are a child so this one time I won't be too hard on you, arguing with kids isn't my style lol. If I tell you who my faves are you're gonna have a hart attack probably...

I hope your hart is fine. #deerlivesmatter

Talk to Sewol victims before you come for BTS. This whole uneducated rant, like BTS, RM, SUGA, Tae haven't talked about social causes, opened up about their own mental health to encourage people, etc. And if they're doing good, who gives a damn. They donated a million bucks to charity, their fanbase more than matched it, how is that wrong in any way? Do good, spread love.

Even to trolls.

• I think it's always been embarrassing to say you're a kpop fan because of people's ignorance, especially when you're over a certain age. :pepe-tea:

Well, I'm over that age - but I take K-Pop for what it is. I don't look to it for musical depth, but what it is good at it does very well.

My private opinion is that almost no retired/disbanded groups will ever come back - even SNSD - and that they probably shouldn't.

• Well, I'm over that age - but I take K-Pop for what it is. I don't look to it for musical depth, but what it is good at it does very well.

My private opinion is that almost no retired/disbanded groups will ever come back - even SNSD - and that they probably shouldn't.

I'm over that age as well. :sadr:

What I meant is that, due to some blatant ignorance, people look down on us for being into K-pop, especially when we're not the target audience.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!