Why don't people accuse Wonyoung of anorexia like Yuna

• Has that photo been edited?

Being a teenage girl in the industry leads to so much criticism and scrutinization. That's all I'm gonna say. Wishing health for these young, impressionable, and beautiful ladies.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• First, your title sound gross, unnecessary and just ridiculous.

Second, we know idols suffer a lot of pressure, specially someone like Wooyoung who is the it girl of this gen and "people" will always be the first to either love her or hate her. I just hope she is happy and healthy, she is young, i hope she can focus on the positive things!

• 1. That photo looks edited

2. You guys need to learn to stfu about other people's bodies. If this was Lizzo would you be asking "Why don't more people accuse Lizzo of being obese?" Like MYOB.

Lizzo is unhealthy though? You don't get to that size without having a slew of health issues...high cholesterol, clogged arteries, diabetes, etc)

• Lizzo is unhealthy though? You don't get to that size without having a slew of health issues...high cholesterol, clogged arteries, diabetes, etc)

Oh shit! Lizzo's doctor is on akp y'all!

• Because fat shamming is more popular than skinny shamming. (not that people fat shame Yuna, just that people complain less about low weight than high weight).

:pepe-tea:

• 1. That photo looks edited

2. You guys need to learn to stfu about other people's bodies. If this was Lizzo would you be asking "Why don't more people accuse Lizzo of being obese?" Like MYOB.

It's not edited you can see here

• They do though. Pinterest removed some of my Wonyoung pins because they get reported for eating disorders/self harm. Just normal pictures of her singing or standing. People report her full body pics like she's not allowed to exist below the shoulders.

• It's not edited you can see here

Her legs look no different than they normally do to me in this video. Wonyoung is skinny. We knew.

• The way OP phrased it is gross and people should let her be, but I think there could be mature conversation to be had about how some people in Korea and i-netland idolise her body type and call it perfect.
    Of course... mature conversation or not, it won't change anything and will still lead to some form of body shaming a young woman, so... *Shrug*

• The way OP phrased it is gross and people should let her be, but I think there could be mature conversation to be had about how some people in Korea and i-netland idolise her body type and call it perfect.
    Of course... mature conversation or not, it won't change anything and will still lead to some form of body shaming a young woman, so... *Shrug*

I think that's the crux of it. Talking about whether she has an eating disorder here won't change anything, and would be just a bunch of nameless faces dissecting the body of a 18 year old girl.

Wonyoung's body is not something that comes natural to most people, and she probably does strict dieting and training to maintain that look (if it is more than that, we're not her doctor so we wouldn't know) on top of having naturally long legs and a slim frame. That's is something people should keep in mind. Especially impressionable young people.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I think that's the crux of it. Talking about whether she has an eating disorder here won't change anything, and would be just a bunch of nameless faces dissecting the body of a 18 year old girl.

Wonyoung's body is not something that comes natural to most people, and she probably does strict dieting and training to maintain that look (if it is more than that, we're not her doctor so we wouldn't know) on top of having naturally long legs and a slim frame. That's is something people should keep in mind. Especially impressionable young people.

her legs literally cave in due to lack of muscle mass in her hamstring, you bring up "impressionable young people" in the same sentence as you are justifying her figure. she is underweight, lacks muscle mass from no training, and severely under eats. "long skinny" "slim frame" shes 5'6 ffs, not 7 foot tall.

the only thing people need to keep in mind, is she is underweight, undereats, and has unrealistic body that is actively damaging her, as is with most idols

• her legs literally cave in due to lack of muscle mass in her hamstring, you bring up "impressionable young people" in the same sentence as you are justifying her figure. she is underweight, lacks muscle mass from no training, and severely under eats. "long skinny" "slim frame" shes 5'6 ffs, not 7 foot tall.

the only thing people need to keep in mind, is she is underweight, undereats, and has unrealistic body that is actively damaging her, as is with most idols

But we have no idea if that's true? She has literally posted pictures of her doing some difficult pilates moves that require core strength that most people don't have unless they regularly work out. Plus, she dances.

I'm not justifying her body. I am saying that the only evidence I have to say anything is what she has shown ie. her dancing and working out. I don't know what she does and does not eat, and I don't know what her health history is so I'm not going to assume since I DO know some people who are naturally extremely thin (some of whom are that thin because of health reasons).

I'm not going to claim this girl is anorexic since I am not with her when she eats or doesn't eat, but I will say what I know. And what I know is that that is not an easy physique to have and maintain (no matter how or why you maintain that physique), and in the end, instead of assuming and villainizing, I wish her health and I wish that people don't try attain something that is not natural for them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!