rip 3rd gen.....

• (atleast in south korea because globally, 4th gen still have long way to go with bp and twice domination on sea, japan etc)

seems like 2022 is the year where 3rd gen is officially over among the gp, the gp totally move on to more fresh and younger group and 3rd gen group seems like having a hard time competing with all these trendy gg. but its normal and happen on every generation. On 2016, Twice blocking AOA comeback, GFRIEND overshadowing Taeyeon and Wonder Girls. Wanna One also beat SNSD on 2017.

3rd gen, what an era </3

• Go to Best Answer
  • BP literally did the best among gg debuts and got 500k uls without promos, SK still likes them enough to be at the top, while other ggs? falling down to 35 on it first day or just simply pulling an RV and going up and down each comeback.

• BLACKPINK hits 500k UL and y’all still include them in this narrative I hate it here

Actually this. In SK GGs always did amazing on charts, this is a fact.. we literally have 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen GGs in the top 10 Melon right now.

But ww BP just keeps increasing the gap by millions and millions and trying to exclude this? BP is still the top GG, their numbers are intact!

• BP literally did the best among gg debuts and got 500k uls without promos, SK still likes them enough to be at the top, while other ggs? falling down to 35 on it first day or just simply pulling an RV and going up and down each comeback.

Ntm on rv, they did the best after BP for 3r gen :pepe-notes:

and literally they have 2M copies in preorders I don't know why this "they are over " narrative over is even coming from

• It's true. Idk why anyone's mad about it

IVE clearly has everyone beat

Aespa sold a huge chunk of albums

Newjeans had the best debut success eveR

And these groups average age is 1 year

Next year they will be the S+ lister; that's just how life is, the wheel keeps turning

• What about bgs? What about global popularity? What about touring? What about cfs?

3rd gen are still no. 1 in all these fields. 3rd gen truly started dominating when exo, BTS and twice started sweeping all the daesangs. I don't see 4th gen doing this tho. BTS are definitely sweeping all the aloty and are top contenders for aroty along with BP. Also Bangtwicepink are still the 3 representative groups of kpops. When ordinary people think of kpop, they still mean these 3 groups. So, 4th gen still has a long way to go.

• Best Answer

idk why ppl are mad...

This thread isnt stating that bp is over or flopping like im literally a blinks ?? In fact i didnt mention any group at all

Im just stating that 4th gen are taking over and its true ? Not only with NJ or IVE but also with Aespa album sales and national hit Tomboy who beating RV and OMG

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No 3rd gen group on the list

And im still stanning bp i didnt say im officially stanning NJ or IVE because they have paks or raks

BP have done that with multiple hits, higher uls and tougher way

BP done really well this comeback, not easy to reach 500k uls but IVE and NJ have higher and thats okay, its their time to shine BP have nothing to prove afterall

• RAK is an stupid metric to compare though, its based on luck at most, anyone that knows about Kcharts would tell you this. Even with BP we have examples of that Whistle got a pak and still smaller than Playing With Fire

• including aespsa here when u all call them wash out

Don't even gonna mention the ignored ones bc those will probably stop existing next year

• This prove little bc this list has invu, who is now under weekend that drop last year, it has song from a show who are know to have massive hype then fall flat, gidle has even cmb since tomboy so we don't know if their cmb will do all that again

If u did this last year, aespsa would be 2 times here but are they here now?

• including aespsa here when u all call them wash out

Don't even gonna mention the ignored ones bc those will probably stop existing next year

who's you all? Maybe your fellow blinks friends did

Anyone is dumb counting Aespa out because they clearly still have the attention and fandom power. Even Itzy does

Doesn't take much for the next gen to take over.

Itzy is already doing tours and sell good amount of albums while still able to have hits

Aespa had a national hit last year with two Top 20 hits this year and sold 1.6 million

Newjeans currently have 3 Top 10 hits and sold 500k already with good Spotify push

IVE is basically artist of the year, I don't even need to explain about them

That's not even counting other groups like Lesserafim, StayC, Nmixx who already have great selling power just need consistent hits

• What about bgs? What about global popularity? What about touring? What about cfs?

3rd gen are still no. 1 in all these fields. 3rd gen truly started dominating when exo, BTS and twice started sweeping all the daesangs. I don't see 4th gen doing this tho. BTS are definitely sweeping all the aloty and are top contenders for aroty along with BP. Also Bangtwicepink are still the 3 representative groups of kpops. When ordinary people think of kpop, they still mean these 3 groups. So, 4th gen still has a long way to go.

yeah people are confusing with 4th gen starting to get momentum with 3rd being over, 4th gen has a long way to go to surpass 3rd gen globally where is were KPOP is focusing on they even included youtube as a criteria for voting

G idle is 3.5 gen btw and blackpink hasn't released their title track yet they haven't even had promotions you are making it seem like they are over despite all their records they broke for pink venom

• Well knetz are doing that if u neve visit a kforum

All they talk about from 4th gen it's I've and NJ, no stayc, no aeapa, no itzy, much less gidle nothing else bc like them ifans love latching to new shiny things until they don't do as well as they expect

And aespsa is the biggest proof of that, u all hail them as ngg but it took one song out if the top10 to change that

• I would have sworn you were a blink lol

yeah I was actually until last year when I realised I wasn't enjoying the group's lack of contents and subpar solo music releases. Add to that the annoying akgaes problem, I chose out lol

Anyway glad the blinks finally have contents though, happy for you guys :pepelove1:

• yeah I was actually until last year when I realised I wasn't enjoying the group's lack of contents and subpar solo music releases. Add to that the annoying akgaes problem, I chose out lol

Anyway glad the blinks finally have contents though, happy for you guys :pepelove1:

good for you! from fan to a... niceee :finger-heart: yeah we finally have content!

• yeah people are confusing with 4th gen starting to get momentum with 3rd being over, 4th gen has a long way to go to surpass 3rd gen globally where is were KPOP is focusing on they even included youtube as a criteria for voting

G idle is 3.5 gen btw and blackpink hasn't released their title track yet they haven't even had promotions you are making it seem like they are over despite all their records they broke for pink venom

bp isnt over but 3rd gen affection among gp is over.. and why do u only talk about bp when we literally have any other group like oh my girl who have hits 2 years in row (nonstop, dun dun dance, dolphin) to completely flop this year.

this thread is about 3rd gen affection overall but somehow ppl make it like im underestimating blackpink

• Well knetz are doing that if u neve visit a kforum

All they talk about from 4th gen it's I've and NJ, no stayc, no aeapa, no itzy, much less gidle nothing else bc like them ifans love latching to new shiny things until they don't do as well as they expect

And aespsa is the biggest proof of that, u all hail them as ngg but it took one song out if the top10 to change that

and Knetz bashed BP for being over just because they cannot overtake Newjeans on Melon. Trust me they will do the same now that IVE actually managed to get an AK while BP can't that's just how Knetz roll

In the end nothing of the arguments here convinced me that 3rd gens aren't getting pushed by the 4th gens. In terms of album sales, Kcharts performance, visibility and trend, the only 3rd gen girl group that is still holding the door open is Blackpink. But as they release music every 2 years, the 4th gen would have fully completely take over when they next return

• bp isnt over but 3rd gen affection among gp is over.. and why do u only talk about bp when we literally have any other group like oh my girl who have hits 2 years in row (nonstop, dun dun dance, dolphin) to completely flop this year.

this thread is about 3rd gen affection overall but somehow ppl make it like im underestimating blackpink

do you realize your thread is encouraging others to drag blackpink? because they are the group all these people going after even some ex-blinks have become antis and completely downplaying blackpink's impact just because they didn't get a RAK but I'll bookmark this thread.

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!