Having a good personality or just good track record should be a requirement to be an idol

• ???? 27

1. You make a good point (20) 74%
    2. hmm a reach, companies shouldn’t care about the personality. (7) 26%

I just...... what’s the point of making an idol group if one of the idols bad history comes back and haunts not only them but the entire group?

JYP was on to something when creating ITZY, from what I heard is that the main selling point in being a member of ITZY was just having a good personality. Companies should dive into that.. ASAP.

• miss-z

Changed the title of the thread from “Having a good personality or just good track record should be a requirement” to “Having a good personality or just good track record should be a requirement to be an idol”.
  • This is on companies. They should vet their trainees better, interviewing classmates and teachers. This isn't on idols, this should be on companies that don't do their homework.

• :pepe-use-head:

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

• Official Post

Then no one would become an idol. We've all had arguments with one another and we've all made mistakes. People can change overtime, you can't expect someone to be perfectly clean. People with really good personalities now could've done something dirty in the past.

• I prefer like it was in middle ages and before

when you was rapist then they make special big mark on your forehead for people to know

when you were a thief they cut your fingers or arms

when you were a killer they hang you

sorry for not being sorry

as for track record, as we already are learning during last days apparently for Korean schools and teachers everyone is a saint, or whole class is a mess.

If someone is from USA you might have different opinions, because schools there are different.

As for me from Europe I admit that if you want to check back what I did in school then our teachers here had this

dziennik.jpg

and they are writing grades and comments and also so called "reprimands"

teacha.JPG

but if I would say that teacher will write there that I've cursed/sweared, or that my friend said that our classmate TT's are big like watermelons... would you think of me as a member of bully group? Because I never was, and there were none things like this in my class.

Side-note the same female classmate said to my friend that if man has big dick then it should be visible even through jeans pants lol. But of course teacher didn't hear it haha.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The group has posted feminist messages before (which is daring in a conservative society like Korea). But yeah, no defense if the accusations are true. I feel bad for other group members who are going through this too.

• Or better... present them the way they really are... the imperfections, the good and the bad side... let the idols commit mistake and let them learn from it... because it will be exhausting if you present yourself with no flaws!

I kinda agree with it. Someone who made mistakes, grew from it, and got better is maybe more inspirational than someone who is perfect since he was born. Obviously it depends what kind of 'bad' side we are talking about, but most of the recent scandals have been about things that could have been settled privately, with respect for the victim.

However that also means speaking about these issues, and trying to make up for what they did in the past. Not exacty kpop industry-like.

• I understand the concern over personalities and backgrounds, but I won't pay attention to a group which only qualities are good personalities and a clean record. I see idols as artists/performers, not role models. They're no spiritual leaders.

If a company has the best trainees ever skill wise, I want to see them perform, however flawed they are as human beings. At least give them a chance to improve and reform.

• LOL that's ludicrous :angryr: That's like saying jobs should only hire honest people? How Would they know?

I'm sure every current idol portrayed a good personality when auditioning/ during trainee days. Honestly, it's just down to luck. Some times you hire bad/ lazy/ rude people that pretended to be anything but that in the interview and sometimes you hire good honest people. You can't judge how genuine a personality is during competition?

:whatr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I think punishing people for what they did as children can be a slippery slope. Children are known for lacking foresight and being bad at considering the future consequences of their actions. We need to consider all the facts of a situation.

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• i think the reason behind so much bullying in SK is because of fierce competition among people

students are pressured to get good grades & be the best in everything which causes so much stress to them

in the end it sabotages warm relationship between students

Also the obvious reason, Kids will be kids! Kids are cruel and as soon as they see someone who's different from them, there becomes an issue. Bullying is a increasing global issue that's only getting worse ;(

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• If we are going with the stance that a person cant be an idol because they were once a bully (no matter the severity) because kids look up to them then why limit it just to idols - what about teachers, doctors, police officers etc? All of these occupation should require good characters too.

• Sure. However, in practice it's hard to make a background check on every single trainee. Sure, big companies can afford that and maybe mid level companies as well. Most companies will depend on their own judgement during scouting and training process and for the most part it's fine. Even with proper background checks, some bad apples may slip through.

One problem with bullying in particular is maybe we as a society don't give that many opportunities/incentives to ex-bullies to redeem themselves when past mistakes are made. Most will just hide it under the rug. Some people do change, but they may not feel like fixing middle school/high school mistakes. Ideally trainees with troubled past would try to face their victims and properly apologize/provide reparation before trying their luck with the celebrity life, but very few has this hindsight.

• i think the reason behind so much bullying in SK is because of fierce competition among people

students are pressured to get good grades & be the best in everything which causes so much stress to them

in the end it sabotages warm relationship between students

The individualistic, competitive nature of Korean society definitely factors in this situation. But it's not just that.

Back in the days, teachers could use physical punishement towards students. Problem is, they often went overboard. School was oppressive because authoritarian. But then laws were changed, and teachers couldn't lay a hand on their students anymore. Which is not bad per se but apparently they also got robbed of any authority over their students. Therefore if kids behave badly, they can'tdo anything about it.

Worse, parents are the same apparently. It's like all adults refuse to get involved into children's business. Therefore kids run themselves unchecked and it obviously goes for the worse (think the "Lord of the Flies" book). That's why youngsters grow up in this shitty environment where they can't tell anyone about their experiences. They grow up bitter and frustrated.

PD of the Form of Therapy youtube channel made a very informative video about school bullying, both in Korea and the USA. That's where I took most of my information.

• This is on companies. They should vet their trainees better, interviewing classmates and teachers. This isn't on idols, this should be on companies that don't do their homework.

I think that's kinda crazy.

I can't imagine my classmates being interviewed when I have a job interview. They're gonna be like: "Who the f was that again?" :D

• Also the obvious reason, Kids will be kids! Kids are cruel and as soon as they see someone who's different from them, there becomes an issue. Bullying is a increasing global issue that's only getting worse ;(

The social media-enabled rise of online harrasment doesn't help. Back in my days, we didn't have to deal with that shit. No one could stalk you and harass you through your SNS accounts, no one could spread to an entire class/school comprimising info/content about you because these tools didn't exist. Only the physical world existed.

• Most people in entertainment buissness have fake personality that they need to display to get fans and please everyone around. Most idols never show u their real personality. And maybe that's a good thing. They should just hope no one reveals their bad past if they have one. Also they should hope people don't hold grudges. Both of these together is going to be messy.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• The individualistic, competitive nature of Korean society definitely factors in this situation. But it's not just that.

Back in the days, teachers could use physical punishement towards students. Problem is, they often went overboard. School was oppressive because authoritarian. But then laws were changed, and teachers couldn't lay a hand on their students anymore. Which is not bad per se but apparently they also got robbed of any authority over their students. Therefore if kids behave badly, they can'tdo anything about it.

Worse, parents are the same apparently. It's like all adults refuse to get involved into children's business. Therefore kids run themselves unchecked and it obviously goes for the worse (think the "Lord of the Flies" book). That's why youngsters grow up in this shitty environment where they can't tell anyone about their experiences. They grow up bitter and frustrated.

PD of the Form of Therapy youtube channel made a very informative video about school bullying, both in Korea and the USA. That's where I took most of my information.

interesting, physical punishment is still a thing in my country, but close relative of mine who lives in US almost arrested for violence when she was punishing his kid physically for doing something bad, i was shocked at the cultural difference

• interesting, physical punishment is still a thing in my country, but close relative of mine who lives in US almost arrested for violence when she was punishing his kid physically for doing something bad, i was shocked at the cultural difference

in my country too, some parents still beat their children even if they are already adults lol

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• in my country too, some parents still beat their children even if they are already adults lol

but we don't see it as bad thing they don't meant to harm the kid it's way of educating kid

that's why kids don't do bullying & bad things, there is even old saying "to be cruel to be kind"

ofc parents will not hit their child's head or face, beating them to the extent to they bleed or swollen

• but we don't see it as bad thing they don't meant to harm the kid it's way of educating kid

that's why kids don't do bullying & bad things, there is even old saying "to be cruel to be kind"

ofc parents will not hit their child's head or face, beating them to the extent to they bleed or swollen

In my country too, they usually beat with a belt or slipper. Are you from South/Central America?

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!