Do you think there are any idols who have the same personality/attitude on and off camera?

• yeah, lol

you guys really act like korean celebrities are the only celebs ever...

some celebrities are more fabricated on camera, some less, most right down the middle. same with average people, youtubers and influencers, actors, etc.

anyone getting on camera will put on some amount and shape of a mask but it’s still a side to them. just like your side in front of your mom, your side with your besties, your side by yourself... they’re all different. but they’re still yourself.

celebrities have an extra side for the public. that’s it.

• Yeah most idols seem genuine just a tad more respectful when filming, like that extra nice you act when you see family LOL. I can't imagine Seulgi or Wendy as well as many other idols acting any different in real life than they do in camera

:whatr:

I do think a lot fake it though, but it's part of the job

:wellr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I hear that one of the things in the training process is how to act in front of a camera, on a fansign etc., but tbh, I don't think that changes much on how an idol acts behind the camera.

I mean, we have heard and seen some instances where that's happened where an idol acts differently behind the camera, but not many and I don't expect many more to come up. We honestly don't know. Anyone who steps in the eyes of others can change in some way.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Obviously, when you are on the spotlight, you'll only want to show your best side. So of course they won't be exactly the same when things get more personal, but I do think the personality they show usually isn't that different from their real one. Faking too much is extreme mental - sometimes even physical - effort.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think most of them are genuine unless assigned personas like being extra cute or 4d. Some are attention seekers and you can tell right away.

There is special breed of idols who looks effortlessly real idk how to describe it. Like jisoo and seulgi

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Most people make adjustment to different circumstances/places. Acting like a pro idol in front of the camera is natural and expected from them.

However, maybe in some cases their "real" self is good for the public image too. Some may not need to adjust much from off and on camera persona. On the flip side, some may be super fake as well. Hard to tell which is which 100%.

They need to be extra careful to not touch some subjects and there are broadcast regulations to follow. They will get training on how to behave themselves on broadcast, fan interaction, and so on. Smile training is a thing. They may try to fit an image as well like one being more mysterious when IRL he or she may be a joker.

During variety shows or Vlive, fans ask who is more different off camera. Some may look extrovert/hype on camera, but very subdue and introvert off camera. Sometimes others may talk about other celebrities when they are off camera and how different or not they are. Some may thrive when they have an audience while other may need to make an effort to deal with them.

• I think it bodes well when we hear alot of stories about them from none fans or the GP. TVXQ Yunho for example. The amount of stories from the general public about how nice he is make me think he is the same off and on camera.

I mean there a story a little while ago from a woman being followed and she ran up to him scared so he pretended to be her boyfriend and sent her home in a taxi. Or that candid camera of him protecting a fan who was wrongly accused of stealing a wallet. He refused to let the person go until they apologised for the accusation.

• I think they mostly 'adjust' their personnality into their public persona.

They are genuine, they just pick which parts of them they want to show to the public, if that makes sense.

• a lot of them, there are just some extra traits they add to their personality due to fan service. txt never seemed sincere to me because of their cute image but honestly i feel like acting that way is not bothering them and its quite how they are

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!