"You don't like it because is for the fans. Oh, is for the fans" what kind of bullshit argument is this one?

• OnceMidzy4ever

Changed the title of the thread from “"You don't like because is for the fans. Oh, is for the fans" what kind of bullshit argument is this one?” to “"You don't like it because is for the fans. Oh, is for the fans" what kind of bullshit argument is this one?”.
  • eh I can see both sides of it... being a fan song makes it connect on an emotional level so even if it might not be to your tastes you're still going to feel drawn to it, but at the same time you don't have to connect to a song on a personal level to like it or dislike it

• I mean if you are not a fan how will you get a song that is made for them with a lot of references that only fans would know? for example Midzy by itzy a personal gift from the girls to their fans

Bullshit. If you don't like a song then don't like a song. Otherwise you are forcing your taste. To me is like this people have the ego so fragile that feel attack because somebody don't like a song their faves release, and have to make stupid reasons to explain why other people don't like a song. Lol, is so stupid.

• Yeah I've seen that argument and it literally doesn't make sense. Regardless if it's targeted toward the fans, you don't have to have a personal connection to like a song lol.

Also, PSA, you don't have to stan a group to share an opinion about whether or not you like their song. It doesn't mean you're an anti. A lot of people check out releases from groups they don't stan :pepefacepalm:

• why are you so angry lol. the point the person you're quoting half-assedly was probably trying to make is that the song put sentimentality before mass appeal so ofc non-fans would be less likely to connect to it. not that hard to use your brain, is it?

who's your favorite artist?

• Mate it’s not that hard.

If you don’t like the song, you don’t have to vibe with it. No biggie.

But it’s perfectly obvious that a song or video packed full of nostalgic Easter Eggs that would go over a non fan’s head is going to swing a fan’s emotional bias a little bit more and is very *obviously* targeted at those fans over anyone else to make them feel something more. So one can make an assumption that the group’s not particularly bothered if non-fans don’t get it.

That said, I’ve seen plenty ARMY say they don’t really love the song even if they appreciate the fact it’s targeted to affect them most so it’s not like people are being brainwashed into liking something they wouldn‘t have liked anyway…

some people love it, some people don’t. Songs like that are always going to mean more to fans than non fans. No Biggy. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

• why are you so angry lol. the point the person you're quoting half-assedly was probably trying to make is that the song put sentimentality before mass appeal so ofc non-fans would be less likely to connect to it. not that hard to use your brain, is it?

I'm the Hulk, hehehe.

PD: This explain why he/she and others fans like the song probably. Thats all they can do. Why they have to explain yo the other person why he/she don't like the song? Is fucking stupid.

• I get the argument of is for the fans. What looks ludicrous to me is telling other people why they don't like the song. That is wrong.

• OP throws a fit because a group released a song with a touching message for their fans, and gets mad that fans like it when they don't.

You don't like the song, that's fine and move on, or do you want a medal for that?

• Bullshit. If you don't like a song then don't like a song. Otherwise you are forcing your taste. To me is like this people have the ego so fragile that feel attack because somebody don't like a song their faves release, and have to make stupid reasons to explain why other people don't like a song. Lol, is so stupid.

Well I do agree with what you stated that people shouldn't force themselves to like a song if they don't. But I don't think when people say that , that it means people are just giving an excuse for that song not to be favored, but more like them stating it's ok if you don't like it since you are a casual listener or simply is just not your cup of tea but to us it has a lot of meaning.

• yes LOL when people say "its for the fans" it quite literally means that they made the song knowing that their fans would buy it regardless so they could do what they wanted with the song imo. Also this whole album is a throwback for the fans which explains why people keep saying that.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Hmmmm I get it.

Like I can say a song has a meaningful and beautiful message that can connect with me but the melody and whatnot is not for me. My faves have some beautiful songs but I don't particularly like listening to some of them even though I appreciate and admire the message they put through.

But that meaning can elevate a song if it has a deep connection with the listener whether you wanted it to or not. Kind of can't help it.

• Well I do agree with what you stated that people shouldn't force themselves to like a song if they don't. But I don't think when people say that , that it means people are just giving an excuse for that song not to be favored, but more like them stating it's ok if you don't like it since you are a casual listener or simply is just not your cup of tea but to us it has a lot of meaning.

You don't realize they are telling to that person that they know him/her better than himself, to the point of knowing why this person dislike the song? That is messed up.

• Yeah I've seen that argument and it literally doesn't make sense. Regardless if it's targeted toward the fans, you don't have to have a personal connection to like a song lol.

Also, PSA, you don't have to stan a group to share an opinion about whether or not you like their song. It doesn't mean you're an anti. A lot of people check out releases from groups they don't stan :pepefacepalm:

Kpop stans love to gatekeep lol and pretend like they wont give hate to a stan who also says they dislike the song :pepe-clown-gear:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Well I mean it is what it is? DFTF was indeed for fans it wasn’t promised exo weren’t even all in one place and didn’t have to release it but they did just fit their fans

For people I don’t stan I don’t need to like their every release, I don’t even check it out unless it’s viral or promoted well enough to reach me.

Mass appeal is how promoted TTs usually work. But a fun song catered towards people looking especially for EXO’s musical style or that groups music…aka the fans…ain’t nothing wrong with that.

• Fuck. Some of you are so stupid that think this is a attack to the new song of BTS. Jesus. I don't care about the song, i'm just using the song as excuse to talk about the argument : Oh You dont like because is for the fans. Thats it, forget the BTS mention.

I think it's you who just don't get the point. I've seen armys that are not crazy about the song but still appreciate the message behind it. If you're not a fan or invested to some degree in this group, of course you won't get it and it'd mean nothing to you. What's so hard to understand? Shocker, armys appreciate a song that's meant to celebrate BTS' musical career and their relationship with their fans and people don't understand why. One can appreciate one aspect of the song, without necessarily being crazy about it.

• Because the songs are referencing things that a specific group went through. Struggles and successes directly tied to them. If you’re a fan you’ll feel a deeper emotional connection to the song. If you’re not you will have a harder time relating to the lyrics as you don’t care as much about the groups journey.

• See, I would agree if the song wasn't jam packed full of references to their past that only fans would get or care about. When that happens, the song is obviously targeted for the fans. Also, the album is literally an anthology of all their past works. It's obviously not targeted to non-fans since most of them won't care about old songs or demos. I get that it sounds like an excuse, but it's the truth lol.

I mean, when a member of said groups says it, you kind of have to accept it as it is

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyway, most kpop songs are partially targeted to fans, especially bgs who are fandom centric. Kpop companies want fans to stay so they'll try to release songs that the fans will like (this doesn't apply as much to ggs). Groups have a style, fans are going to like that group's style, non-fans aren't because if they continuously liked a group's style of songs they wouldn't be non-fans, it's not that hard to understand :pepe-shrug:

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• It's not an "argument", it's a factor and it is true for some songs.

Yet to Come will strike a chord with fans who know their journey well because it is referenced throughout the actual song. Outsiders won't necessarily understand this. So while those outsiders may or may not like a song, the fans come at it from a different more nostalgic viewpoint and that increases their enjoyment.

Still Life by BB is another example.

This should be seen as not more than a factor in the actual like or dislike of the song. You may not know the history and still like a song (or dislike it), but songs that reference so much personal history will naturally mean that fans who have been on the journey too are much more likely to enjoy it because they see the symbolism.

That's all.

• Yep, OP should think of songs like a card. When I was younger I would write cards and letters for my mum at school. If a stranger saw it, they wouldn't understand any of the references or inside jokes between my mum because it wasn't made for them, and therefore would probably just notice the bad grammar and spelling mistakes lol ^^

But my mum would emotionally connect to the card as she would understand those references because it was made thinking of her. Same thing with songs made for the fans.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Yep, OP should think of songs like a card. When I was younger I would write cards and letters for my mum at school. If a stranger saw it, they wouldn't understand any of the references or inside jokes between my mum because it wasn't made for them, and therefore would probably just notice the bad grammar and spelling mistakes lol ^^

But my mum would emotionally connect to the card as she would understand those references because it was made thinking of her. Same thing with songs made for the fans.

That is super sweet :finger-heart: You and your mom must have a wonderful relationship.

• Fan songs are a staple of Kpop fandoms tho? There’s always a song or two that a group puts out with invested meaning for fans, it’s their encore song or the song they sing in a live.

I may not even like the fan song but that doesn’t mean I don’t still connect emotionally for what it represents, whether I’m sniffling at an emotional EXO singing Peter Pan in a fan meet or crying at NCT 127 singing Promise You with tear-stained faces at selling out the Tokyo Dome to a crowd that is not supposed to cheer but is still cheering.

I don’t actually like either of those songs ^^ but I appreciate and connect with what they represent in a way that someone who does not follow the group may not understand.

edited to add: Peter Pan isn’t an actual fan song, but there are memories connected to it that are special for EXO-Ls that it has in some ways become one.

I don’t actually like the fan songs for EXO or 127 but I’ll still get in my feels nonetheless.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• What if you are a fan and know all this and still don't like the song. You are not a true fan then? Because this is implied in "Oh You don't like because is for the fans" Is messed up. Why Kpop fans can just accept other people can dislike a song instead of making shit "excuses" like "oh, you don't like it because you are not a fan"

• I mean if you are not a fan how will you get a song that is made for them with a lot of references that only fans would know? for example Midzy by itzy a personal gift from the girls to their fans

Midzy was not a title track though. I guess if the song were a b-side, OP wouldn't mind. Or OP is a troll, that's a possibility too.

Now if as OP said, the thread is not just about BTS comeback, then from a broader perspective, OP is not wrong. There's a lot of stuff out there that rely purely on fan service to achieve success with minimal effort, and defuse any criticism at the same time. I'm thinking more about movies right now. In movies, it's really mind-blowing to see how easy it is to manipulate fans by throwing at them bits of teary-eyed nostalgia, or winking geek references that gonna make them feel smart.

• What if you are a fan and know all this and still don't like the song. You are not a true fan then? Because this is implied in "Oh You don't like because is for the fans" Is messed up. Why Kpop fans can just accept other people can dislike a song instead of making shit "excuses" like "oh, you don't like it because you are not a fan"

No, that can happen too. I said INCREASES not guarantees.

I personally think they should be saying "You don't understand the meaning because you are not a fan." but hey. If KPOP fans are known for anything, it's bringing the drama. Not the first and not the last time some ultimatum like this will pop up. :pepe-shrug:

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!