Did any group's success ever get you mad?

• People here say no and then go writing essays about how a group is overhyped

Do you mean me? Since I'm the only one that answered no

Because I never said or even thought that someone is overhyped ^^:/

(maybe you confused me with someone?)

• It was not about you, love

I've never seen you dragging any group

Hihi I was so confused when I saw your comment :teeheek:

Oh maybe at this occasion I should explain my thought on this topic.

To anyone that is mad about some kpop's group's success: please rethink what you're doing with your life, it's for your own good. Why would a kpop group or soloist's success make you mad? Think about yourself and what you're doing with your own life.

Yes, we're all here as kpop fans and like kpop acts. We're happy if the ones we like the most are successful. We 'pick' our faves based on our taste and who resonates with us the most. But a lot of other kpop idols work just as hard and they also deserve their success. Of course, it doesn't mean we have to like them all or even give chance to everyone (no one has that much time haha), but why hate on someone without a reason? Just be happy for them and if you really can't ignore them and give your attention/energy to those that you think deserve it.

It's that simple. ^^

• everyone's gonna say no but i know some of you get pissed off lol

you'll comment about this group or that group being overly hyped or not talented so undeserving or you'll dismiss any ounce of accomplishment or worse you'll dismiss it bc your group does better

:pepe-hips:

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• No lol, no group's success ever got me mad, I mean, it's about music. But I would be lying if I hasn't seen people who get mad at some group's success saying they don't deserve their success and say other groups deserve that success.

In the end, like I said, it's music, lots of people like your music=success, not a lot of people like your music=not so successful

• Yes, like 10 years ago when i was a SJ fan and thought SM was mistreating them because of the SNSD. I even texted SM accusing them of stealing SJ awards to give them to SNSD lol :pepefacepalm:

• I'll be completely transparent here: it used to. It was not so much the idols themselves I was mad at (though I did sometimes misdirect my anger and take it out on both them and their fans, instead of exclusively their fans, like I should have done). I knew the idols worked hard for where they got and you can't control who gets what popularity. It was more so how the fans treated it. As if their group was/is better than any other group in existence. As if less successful/popular groups didn't matter at all in their eyes. That their group would always be the biggest and the best at X or Y and so on. Also, this is more so a general statement, not directed towards any group or fandom.

While I did feel this way for a while, it was so long ago that (paired with my already bad memory) I forget which groups/fandoms I ever felt this sentiment towards before, just that I used to be like this. This was back when I was very new to K-Pop (so about two year ago). I also never posted about it too much anywhere on the internet, because I had enough common sense not to do that, but the resentment within my head was very real.

Then, I took a step back and realized what exactly I was doing. If I was being bitter and resentful to them over this, I was no better than them. Also, if they were just being happy and celebrating the group's achievements, even if I don't stan the group, I can still be respectful and happy for them. Besides, even if they were being actually rude to other groups about it, a toxic minority of fans don't dictate the peaceful minority and I shouldn't treat every fan of every group as a monolith. If anything, that should only give me even more motivation to not be like them, so I can be a role model of how people should react to such news. Since then, I have had very rare relapses back into thinking like that, that happen once a month at most, but it never lasts for maybe more than five or ten minutes now and I try not to post or give away if/when I do feel like that. I'm also getting better at keeping it under control and changing my mindset on things like this for the better.

To answer the original question, yes. Heck, I even (in the past only), misdirected some of my anger that I had towards the success/toxic stans towards the group and their members. I've almost entirely moved past this mindset though and pretty much almost never have it anymore. In the very rare moments I do get it again, it goes away quickly. I think the last time I thought like this was maybe a month and a half or two months ago at the most recent, and it lasted so briefly and was barely there, so it didn't impact me all that much. I am working on it though and I feel like I'm on the right track.

• I can understand why you thought It was about you, but dw, queen. I was making fun of another recent thread about IVE I saw here yesterday. And how It ends up being so common, especially in anons. But no one never want to admit they are mad

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• yes weki meki lack of success makes me angry :cursing:

Will stream this for you and them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'll bite the dust but will explain myself

Rigged survival show groups

First survival show I watched was baby Kara, my fav contestant got rigged out. Shortly after, her trainee contract was terminated, she fell into depression and ended up taking her own life.

I know what akp users believe about suicide and how it's bc of the person's weakness, I don't agree. In this case I believe her losing an opportunity this important unfairly caused her depression.

Since then I do not support any of the groups coming out of rigged survival shows.

I think I would have been more ok with it, if people payed some dust to the members who faced life changing injustice.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I never heard about this story. That sounds so tragic and sad! I hope she's able to be in a better, happier place. Obviously there was nothing I could do for countless reasons (she was on the other side of the Earth, I wasn't into K-Pop then, I didn't know anything about it), but I still can't help but feel guilty.

I don't think it's because they were weak, at least not in all cases, or even most of them. It could also be for so many other reasons, such as the one you talked about. I can understand your viewpoint.

• I never heard about this story. That sounds so tragic and sad! I hope she's able to be in a better, happier place. Obviously there was nothing I could do for countless reasons (she was on the other side of the Earth, I wasn't into K-Pop then, I didn't know anything about it), but I still can't help but feel guilty.

I don't think it's because they were weak, at least not in all cases, or even most of them. It could also be for so many other reasons, such as the one you talked about. I can understand your viewpoint.

I really make a point of checking rigged out memebers work even if I don't watch their shows.

I want to help them of possible, the mental affect of getting rigged out is higher on them than what most people assume.

• I really make a point of checking rigged out memebers work even if I don't watch their shows.

I want to help them of possible, the mental affect of getting rigged out is higher on them than what most people assume.

I think this is a really sweet and kind hearted thing to do. Next time something this tragic and awful happens (getting rigged out I mean, just to be clear), let me know, so I can join you in supporting that member as well. I think that would be fun to do.

• I think this is a really sweet and kind hearted thing to do. Next time something this tragic and awful happens (getting rigged out I mean, just to be clear), let me know, so I can join you in supporting that member as well. I think that would be fun to do.

Check out lightsum new song pls <3

• Check out lightsum new song pls <3

• hear hear

and to add to it...who really has time to go hate on a group because of their success there isn't enough time to be enjoying all the things one's fav group does let spend that energy in order to be mad

• This thread contains 58 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!