Ever was interested how kpop songs are recorded in studio?

• here is your chance to take a look

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• NCT always release recording sessions of songs in every comeback. it is one of their regular content. it is something that more kpop groups should start doing, it is really interesting.

i'll watch this later

• a lot of SM groups show this process aswell

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• double post by accident

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• BTS have been doing these since their debut year. Why else do you think everyone in k-pop is doing them nowadays? :wellr:

External Content m.youtube.com

Wait a year longer you will see k-pop groups doing commentary films, like BTS did during MOTS7, with everyone involved from producers, directors to instrumentalists, choir groups doing commentary about the song and album making process. Or the members if they are involved in the album making process do vlogs, like BTS did during BE, about the same. If you want to know what more goes BEHIND THE SCENES (damn! I have to type the full form to not get mistaken ;-))

• ooh nice you can actually hear them recording. Kudos to every group who actually lets you hear their raw vocals instead of just showing in them recording while the studio version plays. It's so satisfying to watch the struggle to work out something and then nail it. :pleading:

idk the group but Kelly (I think that was the name of the girl with the high note) and the girl who was on the couch laughing are cute. :cutes:

• BTS have been doing these since their debut year. Why else do you think everyone is doing them nowadays? :wellr:

External Content m.youtube.com

Wait a year longer you will see k-pop groups doing commentary films, like BTS did during MOTS7, with everyone involved from producers, directors to instrumentalists, choir groups doing commentary about the song and album making process. Or the members if they are involved in the album making process do vlogs, like BTS did during BE, about the same. If you want to know what more goes BEHIND THE SCENES (damn! I have to type the full form to not get mistaken ;-))

Anyways, if you can speak Korean or simply have some time to spare, 스타다큐 (Star Documentary) is an interesting watch. There are many artists who've had their own 스타다큐, but I think this H.O.T one is a nice look into the process of making a K-pop album and just the general K-pop culture in the 90s. They announced their album via, like, public conference back then.

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• Yes! I really love watching the NCT recording behind the scenes, which show each member walking through the live vocal. You won’t here the complete finished polished track, only members singing live. They started doing recording diaries in 2018 and for some albums like Resonance, they did almost every track.

It’s really fascinating. You can see how some members are really heavily involved in production (Mark and Taeyong), working with the producers and making changes, you can hear the members altering vocals because of a change they think will suit the song better, you can hear them struggle to nail a specific part or try to learn how to do something (for Sungchan’s first recording, he sat with Taeyong for pointers beforehand, who gave him instructions and help.) You can also see the layers of vocals that go into as members recording high to low vocals, harmonies and backing vocals. You can see them being impressed when they hear each other’s parts and adorably happy when praised by the producers.

It is really amazing to hear the raw vocals, which are phenomenal. This is almost always accompanied by the member worried and complaining about how high, low or fast a song is, then proceeding to go in and nail it.

I love them and wish everybody did them because it’s such an interesting view of the process. I would love to see these from EXO.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Nah

I allready know how that looks like since there was this one video of ATEEZ producing. I forgot wich song but it was that one wich randomly made everyone belive that EDEN was just only "ATEEZ's hot producer" ... rip

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Here are a few of my favorites:

From Home

This is a song featuring all main vocalists (plus Yuta) and they are all being pushed here with each of them complaining and worried about how high it is. And when Taeil eats up his part, the songwriter and producer says “Did you write this song because..” (In general, Taeil comes in and delivers gorgeous and difficult parts very easily, but is a perfectionist who will want to do what seems perfect again.)

External Content youtu.be

Bring the Noize

This one was really interesting as a predominantly rap song where you can see the evolution of Jaehyun’s memorable whisper rap.

Hello Future

Haechan was losing his voice but still nails that high note.

Sticker

People (I think) misinterpret the members’ reactions here. This is an extremely difficult song to sing and they are working directly with legendary producer and vocal trainer Yoo Young-jin, the “father” of SM Entertainment (it’s his voice you hear in the demo). They are afraid of this song - you’ll see the key vocalists in particular are struggling with it, summarized when Doyoung says it’s an impossible song to sing and Yuta says only Taeil could sing it and Doyoung laughs and says then he can sing all of it.

I’ve watched a lot of these and I’ve never seen Taeil work so hard to sing something, which tells me this song is really difficult to sing. (For example, he nails those From Home notes like nbd).

Most of the behinds are predominantly NCT 127 (they have the most releases) or NCT U combinations, but they’ve begun adding Dream and WayV more regularly. This is a purely vocals song and just 2 members (both main vocalists) and shorter content but I thought it was interesting in how they talked about expressing the emotion in the vocal while still delivering a good vocal.

They never play the finished songs in these so I’ve added below in case you want to compare the recording to how it turns out

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!