The curse of having GGs with 4 members

• I'm the only one seeing the pattern? First it was blackpink a huge fandom but a lot i mean so many individual fans that literally bashed other girls from the same group for anything! and now it's happening exactly the same with aespa :facepalm:

MYs are fighting over literally everything! I mean I get it sometimes is not fair but when you start bashing other members of the same group like people your fave actually is close too it's literally the worst ;(

So why this pattern of 4 member GGs is happening?

• It's not specific to 4 member groups, this is just what happens when you starve your fandom of any actual content besides CFs & shoots for months. Granted aespa's problem isn't nearly as bad as BP's but if they continue down this route it will get worse as time goes on

I also think alot of aespa's fandom consists of akgaes or "Blinks" who learned their akgae ways from when they were in the Blink fandom so it carries over. I literally saw the other month a whole spreadsheet of which solo gigs each aespa member got...it's scary how history is literally repeating

• It's not specific to 4 member groups, this is just what happens when you starve your fandom of any actual content besides CFs & shoots for months

yeah but BLINKS are known for this and full of akgaes in the fandom and MYs are following the same thing! Yesterday I've seen so many Karina stans angry because she wasn't in the middle FOR ONCE in the MLD new Photoshoot like literally wtf?

Today I can get it though because Giselle in the new drink CF she got literally 0 screentime but it's always an intern fight between the fandom and I can't stop thinking it happens always the same with Blinks

• i know bp has akgae problem because yg doesn't give bp any music or ot4 content/activities and the members are always usually occupied with their solo gigs which multiplied the solo stan infestation.

• I mean at least aespa still releases music

The difference aespa born during covid era at least blinks could see bp many times in concert and festivals before covid so they could making name for themselves while mys only could see aespa in a few contents only. How are mys could know aespa better? Releasing more music yes it's true however with only 4 music stage appearances/2 weeks max and go back into the dungeon again.

In conclusion, both got shitty treatments from their agency. :pepenomad:

• Akgaes exist in every fandoms. Only Karina and winter stans are loud. That’s definitely not comparable to BP.

The difference aespa born during covid era at least blinks could see bp many times in concert and festivals before covid so they could making name for themselves while mys only could see aespa in a few contents only. How are mys could know aespa better? Releasing more music yes it's true however with only 4 music stage appearances/2 weeks max and go back into the dungeon again.

In conclusion, both got shitty treatments from their agency. :pepenomad:

I’m sure aespa has more year-end performances than BP whole career.

AESPA are a one year old group and have already 10 songs and 5 MV. When BP released DDDD they had 9 songs. Aespa only lacks contents and more SNS freedom but they’re well treated. 🤷‍♀️

• I'm the only one seeing the pattern? First it was blackpink a huge fandom but a lot i mean so many individual fans that literally bashed other girls from the same group for anything! and now it's happening exactly the same with aespa :facepalm:

MYs are fighting over literally everything! I mean I get it sometimes is not fair but when you start bashing other members of the same group like people your fave actually is close too it's literally the worst ;(

So why this pattern of 4 member GGs is happening?

Well it's not really that there's 4 members.

With BP it's obvious how the solo stans came about, w YG marketing and all that.

For Aespa it's a mix of SM pushing 2 members a lot (which is normal) and not pushing 2 at all (esp Giselle), Cfans actually are a HUGE cause of all the interfandom hate within Aespa, and the fact that they've started hate campaigns against Winter in China, Ningning in Korea and Karina...everywhere else makes tensions rise.

SM groups have a pretty bad problem with solo stans though, with SNSD their variety appearances made it a lot better as the girls didn't hesitate to diss each other, but after Jessica? It was...bad for a while. NCT basically breeds solo stans, EXO had a huge solo stan problem, SUJU was meant for solo stans only, like what other group has jealous fans actually succeeded in kicking a member out? Only SUJU....

RV actually have a really balanced fandom popularity, so you don't hear about their fanwars being particularly bad, ie Wendy (least popular member w GP) has an extremely dedicated fanbase, and Yeri (least dedicated fans but one of the most popular these days with casual fans).

Top 4 member ggs:

MAMAMOO: Not really that bad of a solo stan problem. They're still there (obviously for a 3rd gen group) but they aren't as bad for a group of that size and Kmoos are very strong.

Miss A:...no words

2ne1: Actually not too bad until Bom got into her drug scandal, CL fans were usually very loud though.

KARA: not bad

Wonder Girls: not that bad

SISTAR: Hyolyn had a ton of akgaes

Both Secret and Girls Day had bad solo stan problems but that was because of company mistreatment and actively pushing some members out of the group, so that I wouldn't say has anything to do with the members.

Like Kep1er solo stans are bad too since it's a survival show, esp those who actively want Bahi out? There's an entire subreddit for that. IZ*One had Sakura solo stans and that entire rigging scandal. IOI had bad akgaes, heck Pristin's entire fandom was all solo stans. A smaller group popularity wise but literally all solo stans. After School had a terrible solo stan problem.

• honestly I don't think its 4 members the fault... I think when a group get so popular nowadays there's more chance of seeing akgae

It's like a demographic thing? Like the more fans more chance of akgaes

I agree with this. It's a popularity thing, not a group member amount thing really. The only argument I could see made is that in a smaller group, ALL members have more time to shine and not get lost in a big group.

• I’m sure aespa has more year-end performances than BP whole career.

AESPA are a one year old group and have already 10 songs and 5 MV. When BP released DDDD they had 9 songs. Aespa only lacks contents and more SNS freedom but they’re well treated. 🤷‍♀️

Like I said before the difference aespa was during covid era so no audience/no festival/no concerts. We only can see them in far in between little contents. They should be treated like their peers (debuted during covid) alas they are getting the same tactics

yes 10 songs but never promoted their b-side. 2 weeks max promotion for their title tracks even 1 weeks prior skipping music show and attended only 1 weeks after that. No more content and exposure

Other 4th gen groups are getting so much more contents. SM didn't do the same instead they do this shitty moves. Aespa need this actually because they are group that born during covid era (contents are crucial to attract more fans and keeping the hype).

This kind of treatment shouldn't be normalize. Both getting these unfair treatment in different era.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!