Are Knetz too sensitive towards Lesserafim’s “sexy” tennis concept?

• This post on theqoo has 500 comments on Twitter too, a lot are complaining about the male-gazey tennis concept, especially when the members are young. Do you think Knetz are overreacting, the concept seems fine.

HOT - 하이브 신인 걸그룹 '르세라핌' 공통 컨셉?인 것 같은 테니스 사진.JPG
    https://img.theqoo.net/MsIHD https://img.theqoo.net/aGSuD https://img.theqoo.net/HfGgz 멤버들 공개된 사진 마다 1명씩 다 테니스체 들고 있음 6명 중 3명 공개
    theqoo.net

B85C8707-E661-4C94-B502-604256046CF4.jpg

C730547A-51B0-4EC0-A1E9-98C339AF3DC8.jpg

• Depends on their age right??? If the members we've seen are minors then that's kinda creepy right?

the bottom 2 are 05' and 06' sooo like wut, 16 and 17 years old?

e/ just noticed they have heels on with tennis outfits, got that college girl halloween energy

• the bottom 2 are 05' and 06' sooo like wut, 16 and 17 years old?

e/ just noticed they have heels on with tennis outfits, got that college girl halloween energy

More like 15/16 years old, garam is still 16 years old

• they do look like those pics 9muses/bg/dal shabet use to do

idk bc they are cheap looking or bc they are in heels instead of simple sneakers....idk overall the look lazy to me

its probably the poses, ive had blank background pics too but the focus on the members body was different

Jang Won Young confirma su re-debut con el nuevo grupo de chicas IVE de  Starship Entertainment | KPOPmas

• Just gonna copy and paste what I said in another thread because I feel like it's relevant to this.

I feel like it's up to the parents and adults in her life to be upset about the length of her skirt. Also I don't really like judging young girls for their clothing style because I feel like I'd be contributing, though unintentionally, to the idea that things like sa and harassment are down to the woman and how she's dressed. I feel like as a society we should be focusing on pedos and perverts being in the wrong instead.

Also I just see a tennis racket and a dress that is similar to what actual teens wear

• sorry I don't see anything sexy in it

so nope to their claims

the only thing that they could argue about are probably shoes, but overall I've seen pro female players wearing more revealing clothes during their games

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so nope to their claims

the only thing that they could argue about are probably shoes, but overall I've seen pro female players wearing more revealing clothes during their games

my own opinion is its a little weird,

from my pov(from what others see it as), its not so much about how revealing the clothes are

its more like they took a common outfit (tennis) decided it wasent sexy enough, so then added heels/stocking sock things to make it more sexy, which when your dealing with minors, is gonna raise a few eyebrows

so nope to their claims

It's not always about what you wear that makes something supposed to be sexy. It's also about the pose, the angle, the expression of the person in the photo.

It's good you don't look at these 2 minors and think it's sexy though. Hopefully more people, specifically adults attracted to women, think like you. *Then again, people can make anything sexy if their mind is already predispositioned to be creepy in that way.*

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• i honestly don't think there's anything inherently sexual about this concept. it looks like a high fashion pictorial. the outfits are not revealing, the poses are not particularly "sexy" tho garam's could be argued to be uncomfortable. what is so "sexy" about holding a tennis racket and wearing heels? honestly? people are telling on themselves by saying they think these pictures are inappropriate

who's your favorite artist?

• What is sexy about those pics? I'd be more concerned about those who are sexualizing them. There isn't anything sexual about tennis or girls in tennis uniforms.

If it's about the length of the clothes, you guys must know that majority of the girls nowadays wear those and shorter fits. So yeah I don't get what's the problem besides the fact knetz are exaggerating

• Sakura's pic is indeed on the sexy side, but for the others I don't see the issue.

I see that some people are complaining about the tennis outfit + heels combo but this is a profile shoot for an artist after all. It is not meant to reflect the reality of how tennis players are dressed.

• If it's about the length of the clothes, you guys must know that majority of the girls nowadays wear those and shorter fits.

Voluntarily but that's not how industry works, it's the company choosing outfits and whatever. I don't think the problem is the outfits here because they look fine but the poses, esp garam one

• Voluntarily but that's not how industry works, it's the company choosing outfits and whatever. I don't think the problem is the outfits here because they look fine but the poses, esp garam one

Well to be fair, on the leaked photo of Garam she is wearing a shorter skirt than the dress she is in the photo.

Yeah I agree some poses might look rather awkward but I wouldn't call them sexy

• who plays tennis in high heels, they should have put them in sneakers obvi

besides the shoes i don't see a problem with what they are wearing

• Well to be fair, on the leaked photo of Garam she is wearing a shorter skirt than the dress she is in the photo.

Yeah I agree some poses might look rather awkward but I wouldn't call them sexy

Obviously women can wear whatever they want because it's their choice but when it comes to the industry it's different because they don't have a say, esp if they are rookies and regardless if idols like it or they don't care it's more about the intention of the company

• When girlies are doing cute concept they’re sexualized when they’re doing mature concept they’re sexualized too...

When eleven was released people were saying it was inappropriate for Leeseo because apparently it was too “sexual”

Women can’t win...

honestly speaking, 14/15 year olds just should not be debuting. then it wouldn't be a problem. but garam is 17 this year. the outfit is normal for a 17 year old. 17 year olds wear heels. people are honestly conflating "mature" with sexual.

• honestly speaking, 14/15 year olds just should not be debuting. then it wouldn't be a problem. but garam is 17 this year. the outfit is normal for a 17 year old. 17 year olds wear heels. people are honestly conflating "mature" with sexual.

Well K-netz also thought that a 17 year old/almost 18 year old Yuna wearing this was oversexualization of a minor.

83f80e17a1bbe2131d6934e67945fd34.jpg

So, it's probably just a difference in opinion on what is and isn't inappropriate for a minor to be wearing.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I don’t have a problem with the heels and tennis concept. This isn’t real life, it’s a photoshoot in Kpop. The first pic is fine for an adult. I think the third pic is fine too - I think it’s a good way of adapting the concept in the first pic to be age-appropriate for her. The second pic is where it goes sideways for me - that seems so inappropriate for a minor.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Well K-netz also thought that a 17 year old/almost 18 year old Yuna wearing this was oversexualization of a minor.

83f80e17a1bbe2131d6934e67945fd34.jpg

So, it's probably just a difference in opinion on what is and isn't inappropriate for a minor to be wearing.

well conservative countries like korea care far more about cleavage being shown than legs and the ripped fishnets feels meh. so i can understand why that outfit is considered "oversexualized". but people are not talkign about garam's outfit in itself. they're saying they "concept" of wearing a dress like that while holding a tennis racket is "sexy" and that is just weird to me.

• Just gonna copy and paste what I said in another thread because I feel like it's relevant to this.

I feel like it's up to the parents and adults in her life to be upset about the length of her skirt. Also I don't really like judging young girls for their clothing style because I feel like I'd be contributing, though unintentionally, to the idea that things like sa and harassment are down to the woman and how she's dressed. I feel like as a society we should be focusing on pedos and perverts being in the wrong instead.

Also I just see a tennis racket and a dress that is similar to what actual teens wear

I'm right there with this. I played tennis when I was a teen and wore outfits like this. I know I wore heels too (though not while playing tennis of course). But who is sexualizing this, but the viewers?

• well conservative countries like korea care far more about cleavage being shown than legs and the ripped fishnets feels meh. so i can understand why that outfit is considered "oversexualized". but people are not talkign about garam's outfit in itself. they're saying they "concept" of wearing a dress like that while holding a tennis racket is "sexy" and that is just weird to me.

I'm going to be honest, Garam's outfit is a bit short for me personally. Everything from the pose and how short her outfit is feels off for me. But, I also grew up more conservatively. Like as a teenager, I would not have worn anything like this, and my mom wouldn't let me. I know teenage girls were wearing things like this, but not me. I didn't start wearing short skirts till my 20s, and even then my mom would say something.

I think, if my daughter wanted to wear Garam's outfit at 16, I probably would tell her to wear something a bit longer. Even at 18 that would be my suggestion, but at that point, it's not up to me. I think I'm just a bit old fashioned in that way, which is probably the difference in how I view this versus others in this thread.

As for K-netz, I saw comments about both the outfit and the pose.

But, also, don't forget that even though adult women like Black Pink had "sexy" nurses in their MV, they were forced to edit it out because K-netz were so outraged about it. One of the few times I've seen YG bow to K-netz. So maybe Koreans are weird about concepts like that.

• Guys it's because it's a photoshoot that it's problematic. If it was in real life I would have zero problem with a teenager dressing like this. Wouldn't have thought twice about it (I wore stuff like that). But this is an agency deciding to introduce their new girl group with teenage members with a photoshoot they must have known would be considered sexy (look at the 2nd photo). This is an agency trying to earn money by sexualizing minors.

• Obviously women can wear whatever they want because it's their choice but when it comes to the industry it's different because they don't have a say, esp if they are rookies and regardless if idols like it or they don't care it's more about the intention of the company

Of course,I understand that. My point was that if she didn't mind wearing much shorter skirt to school then maybe it wasn't a problem to her to put on a longer dress. If the girls were uncomfortable though, which is something we can't really know, then it is indeed a problem

As others said, I find it a bid odd due to that whole heels situation. They give off the girls more mature look and knowing they're teens it just seems weird to me. Especially when the concept is tennis court

• Of course,I understand that. My point was that if she didn't mind wearing much shorter skirt to school then maybe it wasn't a problem to her to put on a longer dress. If the girls were uncomfortable though, which is something we can't really know, then it is indeed a problem

As others said, I find it a bid odd due to that whole heels situation. They give off the girls more mature look and knowing they're teens it just seems weird to me. Especially when the concept is tennis court

My point is regardless if idols are okay with their outfits or concepts, you have to think what's the intention of companies with all this stuff. I'd not say anything if idols are adults and they are the ones choosing the outfits and the company has nothing to do with it but that's not the usual.

• My point is regardless if idols are okay with their outfits or concepts, you have to think what's the intention of companies with all this stuff. I'd not say anything if idols are adults and they are the ones choosing the outfits and the company has nothing to do with it but that's not the usual.

That's a whole another topic tbh and I can't really know what are hybe,or any other company, 's intentions

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!