Are online concerts worth it?

• There's been a quite a few online concerts during the pandemic and while they were fun, I feel like they were overpriced for what they were. Like if I can rent a streaming movie for 48 hours for ten bucks, I don't know about spending $40-50 bucks to stream a concert, especially if it's short and I don't get to pause/rewind/replay. I think I'd only do it again if I was watching it with others, either in person or online, and sharing the cost.

It might feel differently if it was an actual in person concert being livestreamed though.

Wby? Do you think they're worth it? How much would you pay?

• I thought it was at first, at the start of covid, it felt like there was no other way to see them perform, they weren't releasing anything because everyone was holding off their comebacks until after covid.

But then after purchasing a couple concerts, it seems the bootleg version always get's leaked online and then it also feels like I was just paying to just see another online video, most the performances weren't that special, and fan interaction was minimal for obvious reason.

As people got used to covid, comeback schedules went back to normal but online concerts were still happening and it just became a pay to watch an online video with none of the perks of a concert so I stopped.

• True, that's pbly what they're counting on and why many of the producers won't allow restreaming or many alternate times.

Every time I see you post, I just stare at your MX all kill badge. It's so tempting lol.

you have the rush hour badge you fought for so it's all good 8)

• I thought it was at first, at the start of covid, it felt like there was no other way to see them perform, they weren't releasing anything because everyone was holding off their comebacks until after covid.

But then after purchasing a couple concerts, it seems the bootleg version always get's leaked online and then it also feels like I was just paying to just see another online video, most the performances weren't that special, and fan interaction was minimal for obvious reason.

As people got used to covid, comeback schedules went back to normal but online concerts were still happening and it just became a pay to watch an online video with none of the perks of a concert so I stopped.

Honestly I’d rather pay for a professionally edited official concert DVD that’s high quality with multiple angles and closeups. Now that’s worth $50, plus you get irl freebies sometimes like a photocard or something.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

Yep, I don't want to pay a lot of money if it just feels like a performance video. If it was a video of a concert, there would at least be some spontaneity, audience reaction, the idols interacting with the crowd, and the possibility of the unexpected happening.

• I’m sure it’ll be posted somewhere immediately after the live stream so my FOMO for these events aren’t bad.

Yeah true. I mean granted, I only paid for two which is Blackpink (reason: content starvation) and Dreamcatcher (reason: curiosity and they are my ults).

I would probably not pay for another one.

• Yep, I don't want to pay a lot of money if it just feels like a performance video. If it was a video of a concert, there would at least be some spontaneity, audience reaction, the idols interacting with the crowd, and the possibility of the unexpected happening.

To be honest, it's the leaks that kills it for me. I justified it for myself saying it's completely unique because I would not see it anywhere else.

But then after buying 3 concert and every single one of them was available on Youtube a month or so later, I really felt like a sucker...

• Some would also argue that "what you're really paying for is to support your faves"

Given that money is limited for most, I get it, but I'd rather allocate the funds toward albums or something else instead given the stuff mentioned here, they'd still get my money, I just get something else out of it instead.

• To be honest, it's the leaks that kills it for me. I justified it for myself saying it's completely unique because I would not see it anywhere else.

But then after buying 3 concert and every single one of them was available on Youtube a month or so later, I really felt like a sucker...

Oh yeah, I get how annoying that would be. It's not the artist's fault that people are pirates, but it is aggravating if you pay a lot for something and then see it freely available a short time later.

• Some would also argue that "what you're really paying for is to support your faves"

Given that money is limited for most, I get it, but I'd rather allocate the funds toward albums or something else instead given the stuff mentioned here, they'd still get my money, I just get something else out of it instead.

I've heard that artists don't make a lot of money from album sales because their split is so small and many of them make much more money from touring. I wonder if that is true for online concerts as well.

• Who was that?

A.C.E , they did an event for their 3rd anniversary in 2020. It was held in their company since at the time they did it, artists were not really able to go into bigger halls since they had closed everything in Korea at that time

(PS: I hate that I barly see anything since they fucked the text-space up again ...)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• A.C.E , they did an event for their 3rd anniversary in 2020. It was held in their company since at the time they did it, artists were not really able to go into bigger halls since they had closed everything in Korea at that time

(PS: I hate that I barly see anything since they fucked the text-space up again ...)

That was really cool of them! I would definitely have good feeling towards my faves if they did that.

• Paid for 5 SHINee online concert/fan meeting

Concerts were so worth it

They added these effects that are not possible at in person concerts. The set lists were alittle shorter than in person concerts but thats understandable. With no fans to transmit you energy, its harder to carry the concert.

As usual SHINee members are so good at connecting with fans. They tried greetings in 10 different languages.

Fan meetings were less engaging bc there was more talk and the person subbing was so behind.

Overall, cons worth it, fanmeeting maybe not but I still pay as a SHINee simp

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also, there is no way I could have attended these concerts in person, maybe I could have attended one and had a flight to Korea. Its really nice to be part of all of them <3

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That was really cool of them! I would definitely have good feeling towards my faves if they did that.

They luckly saved the whole thing

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• If the soloist, group, or band doesn't have a decent catalog, they aren't even in the forethought of consideration for being worth it.

• I think it’s totally worth it. I love in person concerts but they are much more expensive to often not have as good of a view. I certainly miss the energy - both of the crowd dancing and singing and the group getting hyped by the crowd - but I can also clearly see the artists well without having to pay the higher prices for that view to see the group and their choreo. In person tickets started at $75 IIRC for the last NCT 127 tour in a smaller venue back in 2019 and that’s before the Kick It, Resonance, Sticker growth. I think SuperM started at $50 because they said they were setting special prices for their first tour or something like that. I think EXO tix started at $80 or so but that was also back in 2017. I’d assume it would be much more expensive today.

I’d note these are the starting prices. So these are the worst nosebleed seats, which are running $75-80.

That’s just for the tix. That doesn’t factor in parking charges ($15 to $40, depending on the venue and whether you choose VIP) or costs like things like overpriced bottles of water because you’re trying to stay hydrated.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• They are absolutely worth it, especially when you can't make it to in-person concerts.

Just seeing the performances and hearing the talks is great. And the online concerts can have other added effects like CG elements added.

But even if it's just a stream of a normal concert, it's still closer than you might be able to get.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I guess they're better than nothing at the moment but it's not the same as actually being there live and seeing a group in the flesh but until live shows get the green light again and large gatherings can be done safely, it's all we've got but I wouldn't watch one.

• My Canadian bias does them weekly; he charges $8 per show. However, there isn't the "concert experience". From mid-2020 until October 2021, he did the shows from his basement; in October 2021, he rented an office space from which he and his wife run the entire operation and there's room for him to perform there. Watching a fully-produced concert online, however, would remind me of watching them on YouTube or TV, and I wouldn't want to pay more than $10 to do that.

• any bts concert is worth it :borahae:

External Content x.com

• I especially love it when they do live concert livestreams because u can hear some of the audience cheering too :borahae:

External Content x.com

• I think it’s totally worth it. I love in person concerts but they are much more expensive to often not have as good of a view. I certainly miss the energy - both of the crowd dancing and singing and the group getting hyped by the crowd - but I can also clearly see the artists well without having to pay the higher prices for that view to see the group and their choreo. In person tickets started at $75 IIRC for the last NCT 127 tour in a smaller venue back in 2019 and that’s before the Kick It, Resonance, Sticker growth. I think SuperM started at $50 because they said they were setting special prices for their first tour or something like that. I think EXO tix started at $80 or so but that was also back in 2017. I’d assume it would be much more expensive today.

I’d note these are the starting prices. So these are the worst nosebleed seats, which are running $75-80.

That’s just for the tix. That doesn’t factor in parking charges ($15 to $40, depending on the venue and whether you choose VIP) or costs like things like overpriced bottles of water because you’re trying to stay hydrated.

I had tickets to NCT 127 in 2020 (that got cancelled :( ) and the ticket was in the nosebleed section and was over a hundred dollars with fees iirc.

I got a super last minute smoking deal for a pretty good seat to Super M and that was about $80 with fees.

I'm paid several hundred for decent seats for the upcoming Monsta X tour. I really want to experience them live.

• I had tickets to NCT 127 in 2020 (that got cancelled :( ) and the ticket was in the nosebleed section and was over a hundred dollars with fees iirc.

I got a super last minute smoking deal for a pretty good seat to Super M and that was about $80 with fees.

I'm paid several hundred for decent seats for the upcoming Monsta X tour. I really want to experience them live.

I don't want to talk about how much I spent on tickets for NCT 127 in 2019 or 2020 (I splurged on these) were, let alone SuperM (all the cheapies were gone on SuperM when I got into purchase). ;(

But it was worth it and my parents gifted me some extra to help me get better seats on all of these so I can't completely complain. The next Neo City is my Christmas present.. :froghype:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!