do you think online dating is worth it?

• ? 20

1. yes (7) 35%
    2. no (13) 65%

the amount of horror stories i see from people who regularly use dating apps is so sad and kinda scary. especially since so many people feel like dating apps are their only option to meet people. do you think dating online is worth the hassle to only potentially meet a long term partner? seems like people only looking for hook ups online fare much better than people actually looking for love. but its also difficult to meet people randomly in public, especially thanks to covid :sadface:

who's your favorite artist?

• I think it can be, but not with dating apps. Like you mentioned they're too full of people just wanting to hook up. I feel like it works out better if you just meet via a common interest on a website or on twitter or something. I know three couples who got together after meeting online. Two from an anime forum (one dated for almost a year, one has been together for almost 5 years and is engaged) and one met her husband on a cosplay site.

• it depends tbh.

i feel like you can click better with someone online since you're essentially forced to get to know them first.

but at the same time, its a lot of trust believing that its really what they're like

• yes if you have enough patience lol

my cousin's met her partner on a dating app (they are together for more than a year now) and my mum too ^^ (together for 6 years ) BUT it's also full of creeps so you need to be EXTRA careful

I voted yes because I've seen irl ou can find a good person there but it's really not for me

It was getting on my nerves so I canceled it after 2 weeks

I was on one date too and let's say the guy was just :facepalm: I told him it wouldn't work after 1!! meeting and he acted like as if we were dating for 5 years and broke up suddenly ugh a bullet dodged

• I’d find partners privately, through friends or common interests - where you can also meet offline. Or in a bar/restaurant.

I wouldn’t use a dating site tbh. I read somewhere how many profiles on tinder you had to like to find a good partner and it was like so many lol.

• I’d find partners privately, through friends or common interests - where you can also meet offline. Or in a bar/restaurant.

I wouldn’t use a dating site tbh. I read somewhere how many profiles on tinder you had to like to find a good partner and it was like so many lol.

i mean, tinder sort of has the stigma of being for people mainly looking for hook ups lol. there are better dating apps for trying to get to know someone, but its all the same really. the main thing that makes people first match with each other is looks so that shallowness can remain depending on the person.

• I’ve used two dating apps. One I met two friends on who I still talk to to this day.

I’ve not had any successful dates from them though. All three of them were just really high maintenance and not good people. Especially the way they behaved in public like....that’s not how you treat other people. One was so embarrassingly rude to the waiter like no.

But as most profiles do, they paint up a picture of themselves as being a great person when they weren’t.

Despite No hookups on my profile, you still get matches that can’t read apparently. A lot of conversations just die off before it even hits going on a date. I did have to block and report one guy who got threatening because I wouldn’t meet him in person. Dodged a bullet there.

Unfortunately due to the covid situation it’s really the only way around here to meet people.

• Can't speak for other places but Grindr is definitely packed with hormonal men looking for hookups..and old creeps that seek out barely legal guys.

I do know a total of one(1) person who managed to find a decent bf on there though.

• the amount of horror stories i see from people who regularly use dating apps is so sad and kinda scary. especially since so many people feel like dating apps are their only option to meet people. do you think dating online is worth the hassle to only potentially meet a long term partner? seems like people only looking for hook ups online fare much better than people actually looking for love. but its also difficult to meet people randomly in public, especially thanks to covid :sadface:

My brother met his better half (and I kid you not when I say better half - I'm not using that term lightly here) through online dating. He's not the only success story I know from there either. Everything is a risk. There are apps that are better suited to finding actual partners than just the most popular ones that have a rep for hook ups (*cough*Tinder*cough*Grindr*cough*).

I also admit that like most things in life, it's easier to be a guy if you're looking for an actual relationship, because the immature idiots ones, as Violanah pointed out, tend not to have reading comprehension as a strong point. But I'm a romantic and even though I met my significant other offline, if I was still looking, I'd keep my options open online cause I'm all for keeping those options open.

That said: MEET THESE PEOPLE IN PUBLIC PLACES (EVEN IN THE PANDEMIC) FOR AT LEAST THE FIRST FEW DATES. Please and thank you.

That last statement was my cough drop - please heed it!

• My brother met his better half (and I kid you not when I say better half - I'm not using that term lightly here) through online dating. He's not the only success story I know from there either. Everything is a risk. There are apps that are better suited to finding actual partners than just the most popular ones that have a rep for hook ups (*cough*Tinder*cough*Grindr*cough*).

I also admit that like most things in life, it's easier to be a guy if you're looking for an actual relationship, because the immature idiots ones, as Violanah pointed out, tend not to have reading comprehension as a strong point. But I'm a romantic and even though I met my significant other offline, if I was still looking, I'd keep my options open online cause I'm all for keeping those options open.

true lol. i think i personally never had much luck with dating apps because i was too picky + not the type of the types of guys i was most inclined to swipe right on. but its like, whats the point of online dating if you aren't allowed to have higher standards at first glance. im just glad i met my current significant other in person bc the apps were driving me crazy. a mixture of rarely matching with anyone and then the few dates i did go on being total duds made it more stressful than helpful lol.

• i mean, tinder sort of has the stigma of being for people mainly looking for hook ups lol. there are better dating apps for trying to get to know someone, but its all the same really. the main thing that makes people first match with each other is looks so that shallowness can remain depending on the person.

True. I prefer personality but still - I’m not going to hate on a handsome guy

7FDEE045-2AE8-4566-863B-8FEAFB8F1409.gif

• Probably not especially with all the weirdos on the internet these days. I guess with COVID it is the only way but it would come with its own risks. Thankfully, I found my partner somewhere good back in the old days where people met someone in the proper way like parties or BBQ's. I met my partner at an over 30's social club in the late 90's and we're still together.

• I think it can be, but not with dating apps. Like you mentioned they're too full of people just wanting to hook up. I feel like it works out better if you just meet via a common interest on a website or on twitter or something. I know three couples who got together after meeting online. Two from an anime forum (one dated for almost a year, one has been together for almost 5 years and is engaged) and one met her husband on a cosplay site.

I co-sign here. I know people who found lasting relationships from dating sites, but it feels like the strongest met not through dating sites but mutual interests through an online forum or group..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!