Why aren’t Loona bigger than they are? Is it mismanagement?

• This isn’t a thread to drag Loona, just curious about their career progress.

I feel like Loona is always mentioned online, and they spent a lot of money on predebut music and have a pretty interesting lore. Why didn’t online popularity, predebut hype, critical acclaim (I always see music publications praising Loona music quality), unique lore translate to better sales at least? (We can disregard digitals cause Korea is fickle).

Is it because they change their sound too quick? Bad management?

Loona sells well, no doubt, but their company was recently bankrupt and none of them got paid yet. For the amount of hype they have, I’m sure their company was expecting more success.

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• This isn’t a thread to drag Loona, just curious about their career progress.

I feel like Loona is always mentioned online, and they spent a lot of money on predebut music and have a pretty interesting lore. Why didn’t online popularity, predebut hype, critical acclaim (I always see music publications praising Loona music quality), unique lore translate to better sales at least? (We can disregard digitals cause Korea is fickle).

Is it because they change their sound too quick? Bad management?

130k is pretty damn good for a GG.

Twice

BP

RV

Itzy

Aespa

Gidle

StayC

Ive

These are the only groups that outsell Loona.

• I think due to internal management issues and the sudden change of creative directions (including Lee Soo Man‘s involvement which scared a lot of predebut Orbits) the hype started to go down but I think that people started to get used to their new musical direction and that they might get hype again. Their album sales has always been good for a non-Big 3/4 group

• they've messed up with investing too much into pre-debut era MV's, those solo releases etc.

it would be ok if company like SM or JYP did this

but even now with how long JYP is teasing us with JYPn they still didn't release any 'quality' videos in terms of high budget

that whole 9M USD probably half of that if not more was spent for pre-debut + rookie time

also we don't know what they count into this sum, if for example they also count buying a dorm, or some building to create offices, dance classes etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• MMM is effectively disbanded though. The only way i see them getting regular comebacks is if the girls flop with their solo endeavors, which i dont think is likely at all, the girls are all popular.

i imagine 2 years from now after mamamoo has had at least 2 more cbs you’d still call them “effectively disbanded” just bc the members aren’t all in the same company anymore lol you and your “logic” never fails :pepe-joy:

• I think the members are broke because if the Stayc girls who have a bigger growth than Loona aren’t paid yet what about loona!?? WHO has the time and the energy to invest that much for predebut promo it’s insane I’m sure not even SM invested that much in aespa while their concept is really expensive

• too much members and the shittiest song lyrics ever.

It is horrible that I honestly think it is the biggest factor for the flop. If I understood Korean I would never listen to them

You must be new to kpop that you think Loona's songs come even close to being the "shittiest ever." I can think of SEVERAL examples that are miles worse and still did better.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I'm forever bitter about the fact that they had these really solid sub-units that they used only for pre-debut and then shelved.

Odd Eye Circle was the bomb.

but Not Friends sub-unit is pure gold

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• but Not Friends sub-unit is pure gold

Dang it is. I didn't even know this one existed. Thanks for sharing!!

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I think the members are broke because if the Stayc girls who have a bigger growth than Loona aren’t paid yet what about loona!?? WHO has the time and the energy to invest that much for predebut promo it’s insane I’m sure not even SM invested that much in aespa while their concept is really expensive

about aespa:

I actually think that SM spend a lot on girls, especially if we consider that they did some re-shoots of debut MV, and overall how those sets and CG are 'rich' when you look at it

but honestly that's the way, and I'd rather see new groups debuting with that high budget MV than having 2183928932 number of sub-unit songs, solos, with much budget being split into those projects.

about STAYC:

We can't compare it, Rado bought girls new iPhones. Overall they also already changed dorm to bigger one.

In comparison remember that time when LOONA members thought they've got gifts? and inside were their own albums.

that's cruel lol

• Dang it is. I didn't even know this one existed. Thanks for sharing!!

they even sold more than 17k even if it was limited edition :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!