kep1er's failure: who's fault is it?

• objectively the kep1er line up that debuted was one of the best options (tho i personally would have taken yurina over dayeon). their album sales are pretty monstrous thanks to ifans, but korea just doesnt give a shit about them and that is a major failure since the girls arent going to be nearly as booked and busy as produce groups were in the past.

obviously the whole issue started with the show itself. knet animosity, biased editing ect. but i think a lot of pre-debut fans, myself included expected the group itself to be warmed up to a little, especially since the most popular members in korea all made it. but here we are. nowhere to be seen on kcharts. is it rlly just bc of the song? even though even ive was able to overcome a mediocre debut song?

who's your favorite artist?

• What a beauty :lover1:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Again??? That’s not true eleven literally was out of the top of 100, it rises because Korea loves the song is that hard to comprehend???? If the song sounded like WA DA DA it would have flopped so hard

im confused at this line of thought? most popular acts rise up after being out of top 100? thats how top 100...works? its hard to debut on the chart first hour just like 24hr hits was afaik. its my opinion that it was a mediocre song. koreans liking it doesnt mean i cant think its mediocre? lol. also doesnt negate the fact that wonyoung and yujin's popularity helped... more than one thing can be true at once

my only point with that line is to say girl groups can overcome releasing songs that could be considered mediocre debuts. its not even just ive.

• Ah I like Kep1er's debut song (even more than IVE's bite me :saint: ), but looking at objectively, it doesn't really bring much to the table and doesn't stand out like IVE's did so I see why it's not appealing.

They probably should have went with a different song instead if they wanted to chart better.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Dayeon literally shone, there's no way anyone would've been a better choice than her. She's so good. There are vocalists which are not up to my ear, but Dayeon would not be replaceable. You chose the wrong person.

Eleven has replayability.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Definitely not a failure. Their album sales are amazing which shows they have a dedicated fanbase. They might not get as many cfs as *insert Produce group* but they can make up for it with touring eventually.

As for the song flopping, Korea just didn’t care for Girls Planet 999 at all. It was pulling Idol School ratings and it was obvious international fans were the only one hyping it up. Produce rigging scandal as well as Street Woman Fighter blowing up and overshadowing it contributed to that. Add the song not even being that good and you get these results.

And Eleven is great.

• Dayeon literally shone, there's no way anyone would've been a better choice than her. She's so good. There are vocalists which are not up to my ear, but Dayeon would not be replaceable. You chose the wrong person.

Eleven has replayability.

have you even heard of an .... opinion? yurina was my 3rd favorite person on gp999. so yeah, i would have chosen her over most of the lineup bc of purely biased reasons just like everyone else has

y'all really have a stick up your asses today...

• im confused at this line of thought? most popular acts rise up after being out of top 100? thats how top 100...works? its hard to debut on the chart first hour just like 24hr hits was afaik. its my opinion that it was a mediocre song. koreans liking it doesnt mean i cant think its mediocre? lol. also doesnt negate the fact that wonyoung and yujin's popularity helped... more than one thing can be true at once

my only point with that line is to say girl groups can overcome releasing songs that could be considered mediocre debuts. its not even just ive.

Okay??? WY brings the exposure but you really think she has enough power to give to her group a top 10 on the charts. She isn’t the Suzy of kpop lol. You thinking Eleven is mediocre has nothing to do with it’s charting. Korea loves the song.

• Okay??? WY brings the exposure but you really think she has enough power to give to her group a top 10 on the charts. She isn’t the Suzy of kpop lol. You thinking Eleven is mediocre has nothing to do with it’s charting. Korea loves the song.

this thread was not even about ive for you to be fighting for your life like this. i only brought them up bc it was an example that made sense to me. koreans clearly have to capacity to like a song like wa da da too judging by some of the gg songs that have been charting well as of late anyway. like if step back can chart.... but thats a different conversation

• ike if step back can chart.... but thats a different conversation

Step back has aespa, rv members + taeyeon that's enough to chart. Korea doesn't care about kep1er. The show flopped.Only way to get a hit is the song going viral somehow or some member becoming viral. Everyone expected such results. Who knows maybe it'll rise?

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Step back has aespa, rv members + taeyeon that's enough to chart. Korea doesn't care about kep1er. The show flopped.Only way to get a hit is the song going viral somehow or some member becoming viral. Everyone expected such results. Who knows maybe it'll rise?

this is true. it all comes down to the fact that korea does not care about kep1er.

• have you even heard of an .... opinion? yurina was my 3rd favorite person on gp999. so yeah, i would have chosen her over most of the lineup bc of purely biased reasons just like everyone else has

y'all really have a stick up your asses today...

Hahahaha have you ever heard of an opinion perchance? You shared yours and I shared mine, there were no sticks up my ass, idk about yours

mKl7Ghm.png

• Kep1er don’t have any stand out members to get them recognition in Korea and their song sounds like something Pristin would have released years ago with nonsensical lyrics.

The reason why Eleven is doing so good is because all the members were trending in Korea pre debut and Starship picked a good song that stands out from other 4th gen groups. Not to mention Eleven has catchy lyrics.

• you're the one who told me i "chose the wrong person". i said nothing about you preferring dayeon. we are not the same

Yeah, you're confrontational and I'm not so we're clearly not the same :whistling:

mKl7Ghm.png

• GP999 flopped in Korea. I-land flopped in Korea. See a pattern here? Korea is just over Mnet idol competition shows. Maybe because Mnet is an actual criminal who rigged Produce and Koreans remember that they promised not to make anymore idol shows. But Internationals don't care, just as long as they get entertained. All those people crying for "Justice" during the Produce scandal? Hypocrites. They never actually cared. Most of them watched GP999 anyways. They just wanted to have an excuse to hate on IZ*One and X1.

• Kep1er don’t have any stand out members to get them recognition in Korea and their song sounds like something Pristin would have released years ago with nonsensical lyrics.

The reason why Eleven is doing so good is because all the members were trending in Korea pre debut and Starship picked a good song that stands out from other 4th gen groups. Not to mention Eleven has catchy lyrics.

one of the ex pristim members actually has credits on wa da da apparently lol

• Mnet made it clear with the way their show was edited and how their voting system worked that this group was not for an International Fan like myself

So I was off the Kepler band wagon before they even had that name

In answer to your question, and I can only answer for myself, the reason I don't support Kepler and have Zero interest in them is 99% because of Mnet

• Kep1er doesn't even have monstrous sales which are expected from produce show groups. I thought they'd at least have iz*one's debut sales covered in the preorder period

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

• Kep1er doesn't even have monstrous sales which are expected from produce show groups. I thought they'd at least have iz*one's debut sales covered in the preorder period

i mean, they have the highest first day debut sales of any girl group ever from what i saw. so i think monster is an accurate descriptor either way lol

• i mean, they have the highest first day debut sales of any girl group ever from what i saw. so i think monster is an accurate descriptor either way lol

It's different in their case, they pumped out 3/4 of their preorder sales in the first day. That would be impressive if it wasn't for the fact that they revealed their preorders as 200k.

Ν Ξ Ο Ϲ Ι Τ Υ

div-st-bt-600.png

• kep1er's song floped because it's just not good. plus, the group doesn't have any standout members unlike the produce groups before them (i.o.i had somi, chungha and doyeon, izone had sakura, wonyoung and minju), the mv wasn't really high quality, the show also kinda flopped and had it's controversial moments (the mentors' lack of constructive criticism, editing in favour of certain members and etc... ), the concept isn't much popular among kfans...

about ive - i personally don't understand the eleven lashings. the song is not nearly as bad as most of you are making it out to be. yes, it doesn't have a high replay value but aside from this it's a great debut

• kep1er's song floped because it's just not good. plus, the group doesn't have any standout members unlike the produce groups before them (i.o.i had somi, chungha and doyeon, izone had sakura, wonyoung and minju), the mv wasn't really high quality, the show also kinda flopped and had it's controversial moments (the mentors' lack of constructive criticism, editing in favour of certain members and etc... ), the concept isn't much popular among kfans...

about ive - i personally don't understand the eleven lashings. the song is not nearly as bad as most of you are making it out to be. yes, it doesn't have a high replay value but aside from this it's a great debut

i personally think xiaoting is a stand out member visually and chaehyun and yeseo have the "korea's sweetheart" vibe but its not enough i guess.

also, i never said eleven was bad. mediocre means mid, not bad.

• This thread contains 132 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!