Why is there still a stigma with older male kpop fans?

• It feels like people think they are creeps and perverts but I'd be willing to bet there are a ton more cases of young female kpop fans being dangerous and causing trouble more than ahjussi fans.

Teenage boys do not support kpop. Without the older male fans girl groups would be irrelevant.

Why does no one talk about that 81 year old grandma who's obsessed with boy groups? She gets a pass because?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It feels like people think they are creeps and perverts but I'd be willing to bet there are a ton more cases of young female kpop fans being dangerous and causing trouble more than ahjussi fans.

Teenage boys do not support kpop. Without the older male fans girl groups would be irrelevant.

Why does no one talk about that 81 year old grandma who's obsessed with boy groups? She gets a pass because?

Drew: Starts an important topic about stigma and prejudice

Also Drew: Destroys credibility in the first sentence by stigmatizing others and perpetuating yet more stereotypes

Oh Drew, why oh why are you so predictable?

• Drew: Starts an important topic about stigma and prejudice

Also Drew: Destroys credibility in the first sentence by stigmatizing others and perpetuating yet more stereotypes

Oh Drew, why oh why are you so predictable?

But I don't recall an Ahjussi trying to poison his fave idol.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it strange when there are "uncle" fans of underage idols or barely legal idols. especially since a lot of them are fan because they are attracted to the idols. That's where the stigma comes from.

i rarely see a 81-year-old grandma fans lol.

but older female fans being creepy about underage/young male idols should not get a pass either.

• you answered your own question.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i can tag like 5 teenage boys who like kpop rn if you want

143263-ezgif-7-c062430797d1-gif

• read the thread title and immediately thought of the middle aged furry men in america who wear cat ears and chokers.

Pics or it didn't happen.

• I am a teenage boy

How many girl group albums you bought?

• there's one,

and jae, and myzen, and johnny, and mort

like there are so many honestly, i have a whole taglist of high schoolers with a number of boys

• I don't buy albums for anyone because I am poor

And that is part of the problem. Even if you had the money you would use it on video games before kpop albums.

Girls dont play video games (damn the generalizing lol) so they will buy albums when they can.

• And that is part of the problem. Even if you had the money you would use it on video games before kpop albums.

Girls dont play video games (damn the generalizing lol) so they will buy albums when they can.

I don't spend money on video games either I like them sure, but I barely play them. I'm more interested in writing and poetry. Maybe not everyone fits in the cis gendered heterosexuals views on gender stereotypes.

• And that is part of the problem. Even if you had the money you would use it on video games before kpop albums.

there is no point in you complaining about generalising if you're going to continue doing it :pepefeelsweirdestman:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• I think pervy male fans get more talked about here at least as the forum seems to be female-dominated. Though if we're doing generalizations which may trigger someone, all kpop fans are horny in some way if it's idol music, may it be for the fake boyfriend/girlfriend relationship that forms or simply fap material(the range of cute to sexy in a nutshell I guess).

• As long as, let's be fair, idols with no outstanding talents, dance, persona, viral moments, etc like Wonyoung can amass enormous popularity almost exclusively with older male fans and almost entirely because they are attracted to her.

Yeah she's had legions of fanboys, a lot of whom are older gents, since she debuted at about 14, 15 years old.

That's the type of behaviour us regular fans have to contend with.

I also want to be clear I only use Wonny as its one of the creepier 'normalised' stan behaviours. If we dig in deep we have a plethora of vile shit from that stalker who wants to kill Nayeon if she dates, that Lisa fan that tried to buy her pubes, the guy who bust a fucking load at the Momoland concert, those sticky hi5 Red Velvet fans and honestly a whole list more.

I ain't going to say all male fans should be tarred with that same brush, but come on a lot of fans see this shit and it creates an image. A lot of male fans also don't help that image either, I mean you for example OP! You've said some creepy shit in your time too.

• the title > interesting I would talk about some 28+ (tho its not "uncle"?) boys I know who love dance to kpop and still listen to their favs and even if we not friends anymore they were nice to talk

the post itself > mess no space for debate because its ... troll lol

well I have met few male kpop fans irl they were chill and nice but darn talking feel pointless now lmao

• Hey! I was obsessed with hit threads back in the day. I had to keep pushing the envelope to get a rise out of people lol

But you do make some good points.

• Ves you been sitting in this thread for an hour.

Are you waiting for shit to pop off or writing an epic thesis?

• You go around looking to stan girl groups with incredibly young members on top of saying some god awful things about female idols

You definitely deserve a side-eye

• Ves you been sitting in this thread for an hour.

Are you waiting for shit to pop off or writing an epic thesis?

she might've of gone to do something else or just left a tab with this thread open or something. I ve done it before where i just have the tab to an akp thread open but im not actually active in the thread.

• You go around looking to stan girl groups with incredibly young members on top of saying some god awful things about female idols

You definitely deserve a side-eye

Strong misconception about me. I don't go looking for girl groups with young members. If that was the case I would stan 5 new groups a year.

IVE is the first girl group that's grabbed my attention in years. And its because of the music. Not the members.

Yes being a male I'm always gonna be drawn to girl groups significantly more than boy groups no matter how young they are. The longer all of us stay kpop fans these groups are eventually gonna get crazy young on all of us.

• Strong misconception about me. I don't go looking for girl groups with young members. If that was the case I would stan 5 new groups a year.

IVE is the first girl group that's grabbed my attention in years. And its because of the music. Not the members.

Yes being a male I'm always gonna be drawn to girl groups significantly more than boy groups no matter how young they are. The longer all of us stay kpop fans these groups are eventually gonna get crazy young on all of us.

Your history says it all - there's clearly a pattern (which isn't similar sounding music) and not a good one. Not just on who you "stan" but some of the pathetic stuff you've posted about female idols.

You're the quintessential stereotype of the older male fan you've described in the OP.

• Strong misconception about me. I don't go looking for girl groups with young members. If that was the case I would stan 5 new groups a year.

. . . sure thing buddy

//in all seriousness how can you stan the group that have only two songs

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• I think pervy male fans get more talked about here at least as the forum seems to be female-dominated. Though if we're doing generalizations which may trigger someone, all kpop fans are horny in some way if it's idol music, may it be for the fake boyfriend/girlfriend relationship that forms or simply fap material(the range of cute to sexy in a nutshell I guess).

No such thing as fap material in K-pop ☠️

• No such thing as fap material in K-pop ☠️

you have no idea how weird some people are :pepe-cross:

edit: had to edit my post since people might have misinterpreted it to mean something weird lmao

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Your history says it all - there's clearly a pattern (which isn't similar sounding music) and not a good one. Not just on who you "stan" but some of the pathetic stuff you've posted about female idols.

You're the quintessential stereotype of the older male fan you've described in the OP.

I'm definitely guilty of some kpop crimes in the past. I'll admit that.

But if you knew me in real life you would admit I'm one of the best kpop fans you ever met and would see the troll you see online is just a character I play. I know that doesn't excuse it but that's all it is.

• . . . sure thing buddy

//in all seriousness how can you stan the group that have only two songs

Because I haven't liked any kpop songs in the last 2 years so I'm extra excited about IVE cause someone finally made a song I like.

I've said several times already though if their next song is trash then I'm out.

• Because I haven't liked any kpop songs in the last 2 years so I'm extra excited about IVE cause someone finally made a song I like.

I've said several times already though if their next song is trash then I'm out.

. . . why are you excited in the first place tho, why would you know about this group lmao

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• This thread contains 42 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!