Why do people love antagonizing older man dating younger women?

• In some cases the age gap should rise eyebrows.

But in Kpop guys in their early/mid 30s get called all kinds of names for dating women in their 20s.

I mean if there are signs of grooming, fine, but most of the time people are just throwing this word around and also don’t really seem to understand what it actually means.

Victimizing grown up women as if they have no own will at all.

Has it ever crossed peoples minds that a lot of women in their 20s prefer older men cause they can’t stand guys in their age group because they feel that they are immature or don’t really know what they want yet. Cause that’s the case.

And with most of these male celebrities, it’s not like they look old either, they are still very good looking so it’s not a surprise that that women from all age group find them attractive.

I know a bunch who would date Gong Yoo despite this man being in his 40s

• cause people see men as stronger

So the man is the antagonist/creep, but of an older woman has a relationship with a younger man she is a cougar or just a troublemaker

• It seems to be a double standards thing, an older man can date a younger woman and not many people have a problem with it providing she’s legal, but if an older woman dates a younger man she’s considered a tart or desperate. As long as the age gap isn’t too significant it shouldn’t be a problem imo.

• Kpop fans call 29 years olds who actually look like 29 year olds young as if every other 29 year old looks like their grandma

Sorry I thought i was in the kpop section but a lot of people still think like that. I don’t get why people usually get so invested into other people’s relationships when they are fully legal and functional

• I have no problems if both parties are consenting adults but i think the issue most people have is more of a power imbalance within the relationship as oppose to mere age...

• My parents have a huge age gap and there was never a problem regarding the age.

I had a girlfriend who was way younger then me and it worked but at the moment I would only some near my age, doesn't matter if she is older or younger, because I can't connect with them if the age gap is to big

• Older men and younger women have been the trend since the dawn of time.

It's way past time for the critics to get over themselves.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kpop fans call 29 years olds who actually look like 29 year olds young as if every other 29 year old looks like their grandma

Sorry I thought i was in the kpop section but a lot of people still think like that. I don’t get why people usually get so invested into other people’s relationships when they are fully legal and functional

I feel personally attacked lmao

• My parents have a huge age gap and there was never a problem regarding the age.

I had a girlfriend who was way younger then me and it worked but at the moment I would only some near my age, doesn't matter if she is older or younger, because I can't connect with them if the age gap is to big

right

i have a bf who is slight older then me in a couple of years. i cant date anyone if the age gap is to be (for ex: 5-7 age gap)

• Official Post

It's genuine concern but I think it depends on the age of the woman. But yeah there's usually a power imbalance between the two and therefore more likely chance of...bad things happening.

Also I don't know why people are using the older woman/younger man analogy, I've seen several older women get criticized for dating much younger men.

People calling EXO members as old will forever be inconceivable for me.

• I dislike it because it's such a stereotype. Seems like most women like older men. I'm the other way around. I like men in their early 20s. And I'm tired of getting told it's weird and that I should go for older men instead.

• don't know.

it's ironic, though, how teenage girls can like older men to the point where they'll infantilize them and write weird sexual fan-fictions about them, but two fully consenting adults that have a wider age gap than the average is unacceptable for some people.

my girls, liking a 40+ year old is fine and normal nowadays. i can't say i don't find ***** ****** and ***** ***** hot. but at least don't do it while accusing a grown man of being a groomer for liking a grown woman.

out of service

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!