Tzuyu vs Irene [Dance battle]

• Choose 125

1. Tzuyu (49) 39%
    2. Irene (76) 61%

Visuals are always compared for only looks alone, and I want to change it up a bit , let’s do it based on talent

Both Irene and tzuyu are lead dancers, but who is objectively the better dancer

I picked the videos I think shows their dance skills the best

TZUYU

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IRENE

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• Imagine voting Irene, shameless.

Irene's actually a really good dancer, she has very sharp skill and is very flexible but precise which is very hard to master, people only overlook her because she's not very expressive and usually has one of 3 faces on show - :| :rolleyes: X(

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Irene's actually a really good dancer, she has very sharp skill and is very flexible but precise which is very hard to master, people only overlook her because she's not very expressive and usually has one of 3 faces on show - :| :rolleyes: X(

This is actually pretty interesting: when you see her offstage in variety and such, her facial expressiveness - subconsciously and consciously - is top notch and among the best, in range of expressions and nuanced subtlely.

It's not for nothing that she has had so many CF's, the subtlely in her micro expressions is very powerful.

But I agree, on stage, of that impressive facial expressiveness only a fraction is seen compared with what she shows off stage.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• This is actually pretty interesting: when you see her offstage in variety and such, her facial expressiveness - subconsciously and consciously - is top notch and among the best, in range of expressions and nuanced subtlely.

It's not for nothing that she has had so many CF's, the subtlely in her micro expressions is very powerful.

But I agree, on stage, of that impressive facial expressiveness only a fraction is seen compared with what she shows off stage.

I think her issue is what majority of us have, and that is we believe we look better when we dont smile ( I dunno why that is) but she has a beauitful smile and she brings down her beauty trying to look uninterested on stage. Imagine being one of the few to be blessed with a heavenly smile just to hide it in-front of cameras

:waterr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• This is actually pretty interesting: when you see her offstage in variety and such, her facial expressiveness - subconsciously and consciously - is top notch and among the best, in range of expressions and nuanced subtlely.

Compare her happiness era to her recent ones. Look how cute and bubbly she looked in happiness and it dramatically increased her dancing for majority of fans :(

• Despite being a lead dancer, Tzuyu is one of the weaker dancers in her group, even members without a dance position such as Sana and Jihyo are stronger dancers than her. Irene is the second-best dancer in Red Velvet, she even outdanced Seulgi in Naughty. Not to be rude, but they are not on the same level as dancers.

♥ My Love Is like Water ♥

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• I think her issue is what majority of us have, and that is we believe we look better when we dont smile ( I dunno why that is) but she has a beauitful smile and she brings down her beauty trying to look uninterested on stage. Imagine being one of the few to be blessed with a heavenly smile just to hide it in-front of cameras

:waterr:

I think it's a combination of this plus that several concepts and styles of RV comebacks required a neutral or ice queen face: for example, Red Flavor, a happy, bright song even ended with all the girls staring coldly into the cameras in the MV, same for Peekaboo, Bad Boy and a whole lot of other RV songs. Ironically, when the other girls stare blankly or coldly into the camera due to the concept it gets glossed over, but when Irene does it, it's immediately noticeable and jumps out. I guess that her expressions make a powerful impact, whether it's a bright smile or a cold, blank stare.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Irene's actually a really good dancer, she has the very sharp skill and is very flexible but precise which is very hard to master, people only overlook her because she's not very expressive and usually has one of 3 faces on show - :| :rolleyes: X(

People think having a great stage presence/being a good performer is the same thing as being a good dancer. But they are very different skill sets. You can be a good performer and have a great stage presence, but be a mediocre dancer in terms of technicality. Meanwhile, on the flip side of the spectrum, you can be a strong dancer but you lack stage presence.

♥ My Love Is like Water ♥

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• I think it's a combination of this plus that several concepts and styles of RV comebacks required a neutral or ice queen face: for example, Red Flavor, a happy, bright song even ended with all the girls staring coldly into the cameras in the MV, same for Peekaboo, Bad Boy and a whole lot of other RV songs. Ironically, when the other girls stare blankly or coldly into the camera due to the concept it gets glossed over, but when Irene does it, it's immediately noticeable and jumps out. I guess that her expressions make a powerful impact, whether it's a bright smile or a cold, blank stare.

I hope it's that and not loss of passion. She used to be so bright before even on be natural/ automatic both velvet concepts but now even on Red concepts she looks annoyed but meh could be anything really

:whatr:

God knows I look annoyed at the start, during and at the end of work

:angryr:

• People think having a great stage presence/being a good performer is the same thing as being a good dancer. But they are very different skill sets. You can be a good performer and have a great stage presence, but be a mediocre dancer in terms of technicality. Meanwhile, on the flip side of the spectrum, you can be a strong dancer but you lack stage presence.

Completely agree!!! Thisssssss!

Edited once, last by evo-evolution ().

• Hmmm....need to see them do similar choreos but I think I'd say Tzuyu but it's kind of even. It's just my preference. Irene has sharper moves and more power (when I see the Monster videos) but she does seem a little more stiff.

Tzuyu is a little less powerful but she seems smoother. The other thing is I feel she has more feeling when she dances, it's just more enjoyable to watch.

Both Irene and Tzuyu are honestly kind of poker faced while dancing but Tzuyu is more captivating (to me) and I do care a lot about expression, it's an important part. She seems like she genuinely enjoys being on stage. Not that Irene doesn't, I just feel it more from Tzuyu. She was right when she said "I'm not that volatile emotionally but I think I'm more expressive on stage right?" in her MBTI video.

Like when Tzuyu and Seolhyun collabed, Tzuyu stood out a lot more to me.

External Content www.youtube.com

But Sana and Jihyo are the 2nd best dancers in Twice to me.

• tzuyu is superior in many aspects when it comes to her dancing but what pulls her down drastically is her posture. a lot of tall idols suffer from that, it makes their overall dancing look stiff and less elegant. winter suffers from bad posture too i noticed.

• tzuyu is superior in many aspects when it comes to her dancing but what pulls her down drastically is her posture. a lot of tall idols suffer from that, it makes their overall dancing look stiff and less elegant. winter suffers from bad posture too i noticed.

I agree with what you're saying, BUT tbf it's an excuse if anything this means they need to figure out what works well for them, example Yuna from itzy is roughly same height as Tzuyu but never looks stiff and kills her dances

:whatr:

• What is wrong with y’all? I’m convinced you guys either biased or blind. Irene is probably a lead dancer but tzuyu is obviously better.

Exactly, it's completely objective Tzuyu is far far better and it's pretty obvious. But what you expect, certain people here vote RV no matter what...it's odd af.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!