Can the people who like Aespa's savage explain why they like the song?

• I just dont get it. Obvously most people in korea like it and a lot of people here like it too but I just can't understand for the life of me why. Like the chorus is doesn't even have a melody its just them saying 'gimme more" over and over again, whatever that means. The lyrics are just sound so cringey to me like wtf does "Naevis we love you" or "SYNK dive" even mean ;( . The only thing I like about the song is the vocal parts but they just feel so out of place like why are there so many highnotes at the end and why does it switch up keys so much?

Pls help me see what yall see cuz I want to stan but it just doesn't make sense

• I didn't like it when it first came out but after a few more listens began to like it. The only part I don't like is the gimmie gimmie now. I can't explain why I like it, I just do especially the naevis we love you part. The video was cool too but Next Level is still the best Aespa song so far imo.

• I'm a Saveej is the new Next levuhl

Iconic :pepe-flirt:

in serious note, because all of them has great vocal abilities so whatever type of song thrown at them will always sounds good for me:pepe-grooving:

it's very rare to find this kind of group, usually I will found at least 1-2 members vocals that are not great (imo) in my ears

I totally agree with you, their vocals are amazing but that cant save the song for me. Plus for so much of it they just do a bunch of sing-talk rap instead of singing and it sounds annoying to me

• I didn't like it when it first came out but after a few more listens began to like it. The only part I don't like is the gimmie gimmie now. I can't explain why I like it, I just do especially the naevis we love you part. The video was cool too but Next Level is still the best Aespa song so far imo.

Next Level def grew on me even tho I don't love it, the dance is just catchy

• to me, Savage is a lot easier to digest than Next Level, it sounds more melodic (is that the correct word? idk) and make a lot more sense than Next Level. I don't understand what's weird about about this song. The pre-chorus and bridge are fantastic. The chorus is addictive enough, but it's clearly not the stand out of the song for me. Then the lyrics, i personally think those lyrics are fun to follow along even though some people think that it's cringey. That being said, aespa concept (including songs full of story telling) is not for everyone.

• Not really fan of the chorus but the Bridge and Pre-Chorus alone is so magnificent.

Also I like the instrumental and Giselle's Rap, I liked it a lot.

But yeah I do get what you meant by it's all over the place and the "empty" chorus.

A lot of people really hate the Naevis We Love you at first listen but guess what, it's stuck in their head now.

Maybe try 10 more listens kekekek

• I totally agree with you, their vocals are amazing but that cant save the song for me. Plus for so much of it they just do a bunch of sing-talk rap instead of singing and it sounds annoying to me

For me, their sing-talk is not annoying since all members could carry a tune. But still, in the end to each of their own I guess.

There's always next time, since you acknowledge their vocals are amazing maybe then you will like their future releases

• to me, Savage is a lot easier to digest than Next Level, it sounds more melodic (is that the correct word? idk) and make a lot more sense than Next Level. I don't understand what's weird about about this song. The pre-chorus and bridge are fantastic. The chorus is addictive enough, but it's clearly not the stand out of the song for me. Then the lyrics, i personally think those lyrics are fun to follow along even though some people think that it's cringey. That being said, aespa concept (including songs full of story telling) is not for everyone.

hmm I feel like Savage is les melodic than NL tbh but yeah the structure makes a lot more sense. Yeah I get that not every aespa song is gonna be for everyon but I really wish I liked them because their concept looks so cool. I really like the song yeppi yeppi though

• imo the song is confusing if you don't understand the lore behind aespa's songs

The song clicked for me after the second listen

It's catchy even though from the first glance it seems all over the place

Honestly I really can't explain why I like it.

• It's the only aespa song I like. Haven't checked out the album so out of the bm, nl savage is my fave. The vocals r really good. It's less out there compared to nl.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• For sure, it's nowhere near as good as Next Level, NL to me has a very strong chance to end up as SOTY. I dont think there's a single flaw in the way the song is written.

What Savage has going for it are great rap verses from Karina and Winter, good prechorus, and one of the most gorgeous bridges of any song this year, including the We Love You part which is so addicting lol. What i didnt like were Giselle's rap verses and the final outro with all the adlibs. The Gimme Gimme post chorus breakdown is kinda mixed for me, some days it works, some days it doesnt.

• Growing up I always listened to instrumental music rather than full-fledged songs. Since my childhood, I was interested in dancing and participated in many competitions where songs with vocals didn't matter as they don't go with the dance form which I learned. It became a habit and I gave 0 fucks about lyrics in a song, that's why got into KPOP.

the genre "NOISE" which Kpoppies love to repeat on and on is my favorite kind of genre. I don't enjoy songs with boring lovely and bubbly bop or cutesy sound with few exceptions. So I feel this might be one of the reason people are enjoying it and fall in my type of category.

• if you need to be convinced to like a song.. 97699-jaehyun-cringe-gif

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• Interesting! Thank you, I thought it's gibberish.

yep thats why the dance during that part is like showing disapproval, the first version was them shaking their head but lsm wanted to emphasize on it hence why it got changed to shaking their finger instead (which was the part that ppl thought is similar to bp)

• savage is a strong piece. it is pure chaos, but at the same time very complex chaos. I mean, if you listen to this song, you never get bored. the lyrics and the beat are very catchy. it adds some energy? for me.

additionally, I can understand your problem with the lyrics. SYNK DIVE, neavis, Kwangya, but the problem is with your perceptions. you have to understand that aespa doesn't create random lyrics about life, love and bad guys. is it kind of a movie? black mamba> next level> savage. it's all the same story, each song is a sequel.

but still sm doesn't want to get the potential out of girls. look at SYNK Giselle. never once we get something like this from her after their debut. excuse me? rap parts are the only thing that keeps me in groups. same with Karina, this girl have such a wonderful voice timbre and they gave her the line "my neavis, we love you". I mean her cover "rose" by lee hi. why are they hiding it? are famous for their change of pace in the instrumental and beat, why can't they stick it together well?

• This sounds patronising. You don't have to understand it, it's not science or math and no one has to explain their tastes to you. I don't understand the appeal of more than half the groupe in your sig either but do you see me make threads asking people to explain their interest in them? Just move on and let people enjoy whatever they enjoy

• I don’t even know what to say here.

In the year 2021, for people to be freaking out about songs with rap and a beat drop, I-

:aespa42:

The song has a great beat and an appealing percussive groove. It’s not revolutionary here but it’s appealing.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The rap builds up to soaring vocals, which is typical SM structure and makes them feel more dramatic and is one of the things I love in general in their style because I love a dramatic vocal. The drop is pretty typical for modern songs so not sure why the stress about that and the hook is catchy. The prechorus and bridge are excellent, which again is typical of SM song structures.

I love the vocal show at the end, but then SM’s style has always been vocal shows to show off the skills of their singers. I mean we didn’t need that Changmin scream in Mirotic either, but that’s what SM does. I don’t get why this is such a big beef now when they’ve been rocking this for time eternal.

(There’s a rabbit hole here in that SM leans very heavily into r&b tropes and the vocal show is a very solid r&b staple for singers with the chops to do it. I’m here for it personally. Set off those fireworks, NingNing and Winter!)

I don’t know why people are so sprung on whether the lyrics are about Kwangya or Synk Dive, or “gimme gimme now”when you pick just about any Kpop song and find a handful of wtf lyrics.

Just looking at the groups in the OP’s sig, you could ask similar questions around lyrics - this isn’t to shade those groups, only to make the point that this is Kpop, yo. If you’re concerned about cringe lyrics or lyrics always making sense as a dealbreaker for your enjoyment of a song, you’ve come to the wrong place.

This is long because my explanatory posts always are long.

Tl, dr: At the end of the day, if you don’t like it, you don’t like it. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Different people have different tastes and preferences.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Beat is fire, verses are catchy, the prechorus is straight genius and the girls look good performing it.

I can't really explain well. I hate roughly 98% of the music sm puts out but something about Aespa's music really agrees with me.

• This thread contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!