Jae commented on Young K's Live Album Sampler video

• MY HEART

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

I know this isn't like a big deal like icy bish why you make a thread for this shit. But thing is there's been speculation that Jae might be done with the idol life or that he might not re-sign with the company whatever and although it's all speculation it still doesn't help that it's a thing that is constantly weighing on MyDays' minds.

And this little interaction is just what we need (or I need at least) to make me feel better that everything is ok. Of course we won't be able to know what might happen in future but it's so great just to see Jae give a shout out to Young K for his solo debut. It will probably be a long time before Day6 reunite at 5 since Sungjin is in military, Young K is enlisting in Oct after this and Wonpil/Dowoon might follow suit and Jae would be the only one left doing his own eaj stuff

Screenshot_20210904-130833_YouTube.jpg

• With all the members going to military soon, are you gonna adopt a new temporary bias until they come back?

I have too many biases though so I won't run out. Day6 is still <3 and Jae probably still will continue with his eaj stuff

I mean until now even after IZ*ONE disband and Nako is very highly likely continuing her career in Japan she is still my DP.

• I personally don't think that Jae will re-sign with JYP either. But I also don't think this means an end for DAY6. They will continue to make music as DAY6, they never have needed jyp for that. Maybe he's done with idol life too, idk I would be if I got so much hate for things which are completely normal but he likes making music and he genuinely likes his members. Basically even if both of these things are true, i think day6 is going to continue with Jae :wellr:

He always supports(maybe excluding wonpil lol) all his members in their solo releases :lover1:

• I personally don't think that Jae will re-sign with JYP either. But I also don't think this means an end for DAY6. They will continue to make music as DAY6, they never have needed jyp for that. Maybe he's done with idol life too, idk I would be if I got so much hate for things which are completely normal but he likes making music and he genuinely likes his members. Basically even if both of these things are true, i think day6 is going to continue with Jae :wellr:

He always supports(maybe excluding wonpil lol) all his members in their solo releases :lover1:

For me my ideal situation is if Day6 leave together and be with another label. Thing is Day6 literally does most if not everything themselves. From writing to composing it's mostly them + Hong Jisang their producer who stuck with them from debut till now. They don't actually need JYPE apart from promotion.

Not gonna lie Studio J and JYPE is actually doing a pretty good job promoting them this round. Day6 don't promote like normal idol groups so for what promotions they have it's actually pretty good I feel. More teasers, good number of comebacks, members are busy even though some are on hiatus, 2 online concerts for Even Of Day even though they are not even 1 year old. I feel that maybe JYPE is afraid Day6 won't continue so they might be giving them more?

Thing is music wise Day6 is pretty much set by themselves I think they would have the resources and connections to have people to work with them on their music if they need to. They kinda only need JYPE for promotion and if another company can do better and maybe give them more freedom especially Jae to do what they want it will be better.

The other route I see might be the 2pm route which is pretty good. Taecyeon from 2pm isn't with JYPE but he is still with 2pm and recently had a comeback with them. If Jae wants to have more freedom for his solo music (which is more directed to West rather than KPOP) the 2pm arrangement might be good too that is Day6 stays with JYPE, Jae signs with someone else, and they comeback just like once a year or something and the rest of the year can be focused on Jae's own solo music + Even Of Day comebacks + Sungjin's solo maybe? Tbh this idea I feel is really good too

• I do think they might go the 2pm route, and it would work well too.

For the promos, I personally don't think that JYP are doing something too out of the ordinary. I'm not saying it's not good but I think that day6 would get these at other even smaller agencies depending on their contracts. It's better to go somewhere where they care for all the artists even if it means some less promo.

• I do think they might go the 2pm route, and it would work well too.

For the promos, I personally don't think that JYP are doing something too out of the ordinary. I'm not saying it's not good but I think that day6 would get these at other even smaller agencies depending on their contracts. It's better to go somewhere where they care for all the artists even if it means some less promo.

At least for this year they seem pretty happy at least for Even Of Day members. Young K got his gig at Day6 KissTheRadio, Wonpil literally had a whole musical, Dowoon appeared in some variety shows. They even have their own mini show.

But yeah it's not like mindblowing amazing promotions but I suppose so long they are happy it's all that matters. Jae is now having his own concerts with 88rising but that is outside of JYPE it's kinda like his own thing. I don't know if JYPE had anything planned for Jae or if Jae don't want anything and maybe just do things at his own pace with his eaj stuff.

I just hope that whatever happens in future they will decide what is best for them that makes them happy, and hopefully we get more Day6 content in future.

Also, love his new hair. It's been so long since we got black haired Jae

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For me my ideal situation is if Day6 leave together and be with another label. Thing is Day6 literally does most if not everything themselves.

This is a very real probability that I've seen. It could look like 2PM for some period of time, but I think Day6 has broader savvy and appeal than 2PM when it comes to writing and having catalog songs in 3 different languages. There still isn't a "post-id0l" space for K-Pop talent so the band being shoehorned exclusively into K-id0l-dom inside South Korea could eventually become more exhausting and a waste of their potential.

I think a multi-national label could promo them better across Asia/South Korea & Japan, Europe, Australia, and the Americas. The Day6 guys could see more money as long as they don't get a "360". I know it isn't about the money, but I think the guys could be getting more diverse coins that would exchange out to more SK money.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!