IZ*ONE’s Jang Won Young and An Yu Jin to debut in Starship Entertainment’s new girl group second half of this year

• But here's the thing, WJSN was already formed while I.O.I was active and so they more or less established a fanbase and identity of their own (however big or small that is), Yeonjung was added into the group after a few months and wasn't even the most popular member in I.O.I so their situation turned out to be favorable.

What starship needs is group group with 4-6 members and with strong individual image and skills so that they don't get overshadowed by the 2 extremely popular girls.

Absolutely! I was thinking more concept-wise, but I should've elaborated

• But here's the thing, WJSN was already formed while I.O.I was active and so they more or less established a fanbase and identity of their own (however big or small that is), Yeonjung was added into the group after a few months and wasn't even the most popular member in I.O.I so their situation turned out to be favorable.

What starship needs is group group with 4-6 members and with strong individual image and skills so that they don't get overshadowed by the 2 extremely popular girls.

Actually, if they would make a group with just 4 total members then those 2 added will be already overshadowed by Wonyoung and Yujin... they should at least have 6-7 girls in the group.

They've already shown that they can manage a group with 10 members, and those members also got individual activities as well as sub-unit debuts. Maybe this would be the best?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Actually, if they would make a group with just 4 total members then those 2 added will be already overshadowed by Wonyoung and Yujin... they should at least have 6-7 girls in the group.

They've already shown that they can manage a group with 10 members, and those members also got individual activities as well as sub-unit debuts. Maybe this would be the best?

if they make it a larger group (6-7) izone fans arent going to stick around very long.

izone fans want to see yujin and wonyoung content and starships aim should be to have the other members slowly grow on those fans

in a weki meki situation (2 ioi members), the content from the ioi members was hidden among a bunch of other girls, thus eventually causing the group to lose the ioi fans who were there only for 2 members, and newer fans wouldnt notice the group because of such a tiny fandom and the hype died.

if weki meki had been:

yoojung + doyeon + suyeon + lua, they wouldve been a top girlgroup. maybe add elly in if you want a 5 member for good choreo.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Oh I didn't saw her profile pics, she looks even better than during her Idol School days.

fits perfectly with yujin and wonyoung, hopefully she didn't left

Koeun and Lami, ex rookies are also rumored in starship

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think people lost interest in this group because Fantagio didn't have a clear concept for them, just for example look at their 2020 releases... one is cute, one like a song for a runway, etc.

one time they are bad bi*ches, one they are cute peaches, this shouldn't work for any new group...

well maybe if done well it could but that's a big question already

• I think people lost interest in this group because Fantagio didn't have a clear concept for them, just for example look at their 2020 releases... one is cute, one like a song for a runway, etc.

one time they are bad bi*ches, one they are cute peaches, this shouldn't work for any new group...

i dont think changing concept is that big a problem considering ioi was also a group that went through as many concepts as it could in the short time they were together. i just wish fantagio had made the group smaller

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• What is this obsession y’all gotta with groups having to debut with 3 members or some ish?

They’ll be fine no matter what number they debut in. No one gotta make a group small just to fill your akgae desires

• Like it’s really creepy & disgusting how people want idols to not have an opportunity to live out there dreams because of some dumbass inconvenience of having to see more than 2 people on stage

Groups are gonna have 7+ members, the past 2 nations girl groups have 9. Don’t like it, stan someone else. Not every group needs to fit your corny preferences, shut up

:clown::clown::clown::clown:

• What starship needs is group group with 4-6 members and with strong individual image and skills so that they don't get overshadowed by the 2 extremely popular girls.

I agree. I think a small group of stan attractors and aces is the way. Honestly two more well rounded girls would be a good choice :wellr:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• What is this obsession y’all gotta with groups having to debut with 3 members or some ish?

They’ll be fine no matter what number they debut in. No one gotta make a group small just to fill your akgae desires

For me it's not about that. They weren't my biases, I just know from stanning Weki Meki and watching the other post i.o.i groups that it might not work. Unfortunately those agkaes have an affect on the matters, so I just think that a small group would be less likely to flop. I prefer big groups honestly :pepe-back-away:

Legend Lee Know

Most of their fans left after the hiatus between their debut and first comeback. I don't think it's the changing concepts, because all of their concepts in the beginning were girls crush. They only really changed it up with Tiki Taka, and they were already downhill then ;(

I feel like Dazzle Dazzle and Cool were actually loved by kpop stans ;(

Legend Lee Know

• Most of their fans left after the hiatus between their debut and first comeback. I don't think it's the changing concepts, because all of their concepts in the beginning were girls crush. They only really changed it up with Tiki Taka, and they were already downhill then ;(

I feel like Dazzle Dazzle and Cool were actually loved by kpop stans ;(

I love Dazzle Dazzle. Well that's only an addition which shows it wasn't the number of members but agency mistakes which caused groups downhill.

Because you can't put 2 popular girls in a sea of 9 girls, most won't stand out and we get another Gugudan/Weki Meki situation and there is no way all of them are gonna get promoted at individual level, having 5 girls, 2 known + 3 unknown give the unknown girls more space to make themselves known than having 7+ girls unknown, especially since WJ and YJ individual stans don't want to see them get 2 lines.

If they were a brand new groups with not known members, i would agree with you but in this situation a smaller group will benefit them more.

• Koeun and Lami, ex rookies are also rumored in starship

Hell, this might be the next big thing

People are dying to know what happened to SMRookies girls and if these OGs debuted in this plus these two, the power they have is astronomical :pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

Praying for the next Summer Queens to be them :pepe-grooving:

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• I love Dazzle Dazzle. Well that's only an addition which shows it wasn't the number of members but agency mistakes which caused groups downhill.

That's true. I think the mistake of most post i.o.i companies was that they depended on those members popularity too much ;(

Which is also not good when we talk about number of members, because it becomes XX and friends :wellr:

Legend Lee Know

• Koeun and Lami, ex rookies are also rumored in starship

That would be crazy if true, but I don't know how they look now. Park Sun (the idol sccool girl) fits perfectly in terms of age and looks

• That would be crazy if true, but I don't know how they look now. Park Sun (the idol sccool girl) fits perfectly in terms of age and looks

Koeun is a 99 liner and Lami is a 03 liner

Both the pics are pretty recently, they both have instagrams, honestly i wouldn't make so much hopes, they are rumored to debut in every group lol, is interesting that the subsidiary trainee followed them but who knows

External Content www.instagram.com

External Content www.instagram.com

• apparently groups name is

아이브 ('I've')

• Both wonyoung and yujin r my faves from izone. I knew they would be put in a group and the quality of music should be there given starship groups do have good music.

Managing both of wonyoung and yujin's popularity with the group must be done well. Also i agree no need of lot of members.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• lmao, why?

Starshit is number one on my blacklist after what they did to Izone's extension talks. They were the only label that was adamantly opposed, everyone else was open to at least an occasional Izone comeback. Starshit probably thinks they have the Golden Goose in Wonyoung and another difference maker in Yujin, that they dont need Izone anymore.

Maybe they think they can replicate WJSN's "success" after IOI, maybe they consider 100k album sales per comeback a "success". Maybe they think WY and YJ's solo stans and GP recognition will be enough. Maybe so. But WJSN's album sales are solely due to their Chinese fanbase/members. I know Sakura has a big Chinese fanbase but i have never heard of Wonyoung or Yujin being popular in China.

But whether they succeed or not, it dont matter to me.

Bottom line, i'm an Izone stan first and foremost, and my biases were Yena, Yuri, Minju, Chaeyeon with Nako, Hitomi, Eunbi, and Hyewon coming on strong as well. This Starshit group has nothing to offer me.

• The names of newer groups keep getting more weird.

now here is when things get even funnier

I've copied this and pasted to papago

now check what came as recommend translations

I've got a lot of freckles.

I've got ringworm on my crotch.xD

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!