Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) 'BEcause' MV

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The song is great to listen to.

But This is supposed to be summer song? Why is the last part of the song so creepy lol(not in a bad way). The laugh :pepewash:

• The song is great to listen to.

But This is supposed to be summer song? Why is the last part of the song so creepy lol(not in a bad way). The laugh :pepewash:

Lol it's considered "summer" for Dreamcatcher. Keep in mind, they're not a girly group so you probably won't get full blown rainbow bikini fruity summer from them.

But it feels as summery as Dreamcatcher will get. I often associate summer with travel, outdoor events, etc, things I normally don't do during the winter as much.

So the creepy hotel motif, with the summer carnival, there's prob more but I only had time to watch the MV once before heading to work.

It's not your traditional summer but it can definitely be argued as summer.

I also don't know how much of Dreamcatcher you follow but usually their outfit is more dark and goth but this time around, they're in very feminine outfit, more obvious in their live performances of the song.

• I know their concept and previous releases you're probably right about this part lol :pepe-cringe:

I haven't watched their live performances yet though, will watch them later.

• I know their concept and previous releases you're probably right about this part lol :pepe-cringe:

I haven't watched their live performances yet though, will watch them later.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This came out yesterday, not sure if you saw it already.

But I love the whole....singing doll in a music box kinda theme.

• UnBElievable... the song is fricking incredible...

they look so BEuatiful and the song was BEyond what I had imagined. I never would had imagined this is how DC do summer cute concept.

Dreamcatcher is truly the BEst :crys:

It is amusement park and amusement park have ghost houses as well :pepe-devil:

• External Content www.youtube.com

This came out yesterday, not sure if you saw it already.

But I love the whole....singing doll in a music box kinda theme.

The performance was released before the song? Lol

I watched it now and it is certainly more feminine outfits than before.

They look good here, Dami was great and caught my eyes

• I like it. Not their strongest song but a really good song regardless. They have their own special style, that's for sure. It doesn't always work for me but it is nice.

They all look so beautiful!

The only thing I didn't like was Dami's rap. It felt awkward compared to the rest of the song.

• I love the song!! The MV is giving me Good Night and Chase Me vibe.. which I absolutely love

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

• Cheer guide

External Content www.youtube.com

• I'm anticipating a summerish special clip from them for one of the songs on the album. Even though Whistle is my fave bside here, I want them to do one on Airplane because that's the most brightest summery song on the album.

Just want them to serve some summer visuals :borahae:

• I'm anticipating a summerish special clip from them for one of the songs on the album. Even though Whistle is my fave bside here, I want them to do one on Airplane because that's the most brightest summery song on the album.

Just want them to serve some summer visuals :borahae:

I'm really loving the visuals for the performances out so far. The outfits are amazing...

• This is purely my speculation, but I think Gahyeon and Jiu is the "same" person, but other one is her second personality or something like that. Even choreo have mirror movement in the beginning. Jiu is the person that hide everything and Gahyeon is Real person. Even lyrics start "I lived fine just hiding everything, you don't really know me yet". She is hiding her true identity. Mirrors refer that she can see her true self. I feel like song is about loving her true self.

• This is purely my speculation, but I think Gahyeon and Jiu is the "same" person, but other one is her second personality or something like that. Even choreo have mirror movement in the beginning. Jiu is the person that hide everything and Gahyeon is Real person. Even lyrics start "I lived fine just hiding everything, you don't really know me yet". She is hiding her true identity. Mirrors refer that she can see her true self. I feel like song is about loving her true self.

It would make sense.

"I've been disguising myself

You don't know me well yet

People may think I'm good

But they don't know who I truly am

Smile when you see me, smile at me

It's just the two of us in this dark room

If you play with me today

I'll give you something sweeter tomorrow"

I also read somewhere in the comments that the "BE" in BEcause sounds a lot like "sad".

So the chorus would be "sad because I like you"

Given that, it might not even refer to another person, it might just refer to liking the darker side of yourself.

• Gahyeon rules us all

3972-elmorise.png?t=1627664056

You may like this version as well

32395_original.gif

Gosh the MV just blew me away... the attention to detail and whole sets and props are the best ever for them. Odd Eye was visible budget increase and for this DCC must have robbed a bank ^^ But seriously this means they're making nice profits.

The song is great, not the very top of my fave title tracks but kinda in the middle of ranking. I have 2 small issues 1) Dami's rap kinda doesn't fit for me I don't know if it's delivery or maybe the song would do without any rap. Second is vocal processing on Siyeon's part: c'mon let me hear her raw fire vocals! With these eerie and retro vibe to MV and music it would do without distortion from Odd Eye era. But OK - that's me nitpicking, overall it's a great part of the song and the hook is stuck in my head.

Also forgot to mention all the throwbacks to old MV's like Chase Me, Good, Night, You and I, Piri.

I wonder if it's standalone story or introduction to new story (I couldn't watch showcase and haven't seen it yet).

This doppelganger theme had me thinking that next era may be about bad and good sides of people.

• Good to see they're making good use of the money from those 100k+ albums sold :smirks:

I'm also not a huge fan of the rap in the song but everything else made me overlook it.

I really hope there's more story to this. While I love the old magical dark fantasy lore, I'm really digging this more modern horror thing...

• dreamcatcher does it again!!! Love the song specially sua's bridge part, their styling is always so nice and i always appreciate the horror elements. Doll concepts are so cool I've been wanting DC to do one, Gahyeon should always have red hair she looks so pretty with it and i really like Sihyeons wig, she has the perfect visuals for more eccentric/unique styling<3

Gahyeon has been slaying in recent comeback and especially this comeback....

Her change is amazing, our lil maknae is growing up so much :cryc:

• Also huge kudos Leez and Ollounder.

We're talking about 5 years of constant BOPs.

Never have I see a song producer so consistent. "All hits no misses" is truly describe their art.

Their ability to consistently drop BOPs after BOPs with no drop in quality and I'd argue increasing quality with each comeback really shows the how amazing their talent and ingenuity is.

I have no reasons at all to doubt that they won't be releasing more quality songs to come...

:yesr:

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!