BTS SHOULD BE EXEMPTED FROM MILITARY...

• instead of postponing it why not just exempt and take the pressure off... instead of being an average soldier or stuck at a clerical job they can contribute more through music ...

Sure there will be backlash but if betterment of country is whats in picture than shouldn't they be exempted...

Non fans, what you you guys feel...

• Tbh BTS has said several times when time comes, they will serve

Its politicians who keep dragging it

Its 1.5 years anyways. Its not like Army will stop stanning lol.

As worldwide artist, this much break is nothing. I don't want them to get hated or face backlash. So whatever their decision is, we support. Its that i dislike how classical artist, with no where same impact gets exemptions .

• This is definitely a PR answer!

I don’t think the backlash will be that bad tbh!

• As a fan of course I wish it wouldn't happen, I'll miss them a lot!

But who am I to dictate politics of a country that is not my own or even BH's own planning.

• HYBE could actually use this to their advantage, turn BTS from music superstars to Korean national heroes. Imagine if the Korean government officially approves total exemptions from military service for BTS members...but then a week later, BTS holds a press conference where they declare they will volunteer for military duty anyway.

Instant national hero status, it would make them almost unassailable in Korea, even moreso than they already are.

• HYBE could actually use this to their advantage, turn BTS from music superstars to Korean national heroes. Imagine if the Korean government officially approves total exemptions from military service for BTS members...but then a week later, BTS holds a press conference where they declare they will volunteer for military duty anyway.

Instant national hero status, it would make them almost unassailable in Korea, even moreso than they already are.

Or it could be seen as getting the nation's politicians to unwittingly participate in a publicity stunt. If they have every intention of serving, just say so, then their government will no longer have to field constant questions about it.

In their place I'd take exemption if it was offered. If they keep getting deferments most of them will end up not suitable for active military service anyway, and hero status doesn't attach as easily to admin workers. They should just take exemption, the government seems open to offering it.

• Let me just say, mandatory enlistment is stupid in any country.

Lets be real, if there is going to be an actual full fledge WW3, there wouldn't be anyone fighting. It will be people pressing buttons to send nukes and countries get destroyed.

No amount of 'military training' is going to protect you from a nuke. All the training is just wasted.

• but then in same way all sports stars should get exemption...

not only those who get gold medal in olympics

basically all football players that are currently playing in one of European top leagues etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• baekhyun sold 1 million albums as a solo 2 times in a row and had to serve..

He is nowhere near the same cultural and economical impact that BTS have. I am not saying that to shade him or something because the truth is that no one can rivalise with BTS on this point.

As for them getting exemption, I am not Korean so it’s not up to me to decide if they have to enlist or not but a postponement is likely. BTS said that they will enlist when time comes so we will see.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Bad idea. It would affect them, and people will always say that they received a preferential status. Also, the pressure will be enormous. Basically, it would force them to promote for many years. Let's say that they want to be active only 2 years from now on, or even worse, their popularity will start to decrease gradually. Everyone will start blaming them, will claim that BTS was only an excuse for them to avoid the military, or ask them to do their military service later.

It will divide society. Maybe for us, the military training is stupid, but that's the rule in SK. Everyone is doing it, from teachers to doctors and CEOs, and even people who generated more profit to SK than BTS.

Just look how much hate received the artists who were exempted because of their medical reasons. In this case, it will be even worse. So don't push them, and let them live their life normally.

Don't praise the politicians for asking for an exemption. Politicians will turn their back immediately once it will not get them any benefit.

• go to military as ot7 bts. i want korea to face the consequence. :pepe-hehe:

- let it sink in that bts exported 40 tons of cds and merch in just one instance we know of

- global cfs that brings in revenue

- dynamite's economic impact to korea

- millions of dollars bts brings in due to increase of exports of other goods and jobs that

and many more

no act could ever.

• baekhyun sold 1 million albums as a solo 2 times in a row and had to serve..

i promise i'm not undermining baek's success but he didn't have a number 1 single on billboard hot100 for 7 consecutive weeks or dynamite success, nor is he knows it's the west, and acknowledgment in the west is what sparks exemption talk.

being popular in japan and china is expected especially when you have japanese and chinese members in the group. but having all korean members (which is important to them) and achieving this level of success in the west has never happened before and it's highly unlikely to happen ever again.

• Although I like BTS and am a fan, I think they should do their service like every other group has done even if it’s just public service. They shouldn’t get special treatment imo just because of who they are. Many idols who have been in the Army say what a wonderful and character building experience it was and are glad for doing it. Fans would just have to wait a couple of years, I did with SuJu and SHINee and survived.

• I will never understand the kboo behaviour of I- Kpop fans towards BTS's military topic.

Like dude, Neither you nor your parents have gone to mandatory military service of South Korea. You are not from South Korea. So why are you heating your pants when BTS's military postponement or exemption topic comes out.

The matter is only between BTS & South Korea. Let them decide.

Before, talking about "If BTS gets Postponement or exemption, other should also gets...", tell your other fav to have at least 1% of total overall impact of BTS on South Korea. Not all athletes gets exemption but only those with Olympic pride. But that doesn't arise I-people barking cause those other athletes don't have kboo fans.

I will support BTS no matter what they decide. This same attitude should be of all Armys. And I am glad, the Armys who I have interacted with have the same attitude as mine.

• I dont know why they did not use opportunity during covid, because they can not tour either and big money is coming from touring.

because dynamite and butter would have never happened.

they sold 1.33 million tickets for their letters online concerts and earned over 70million dollars; their previous online concerts sole 775k and 998k tickets, financially they are good

• If they get this, believe me, people will keep bringing it up again in the slightest ridiculous scandal they've been involved in. That's why I prefer not to be exempted from military service, but to be shortened time during military service.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• yeah bts is on another level, i still think though that it should be a general thing if you're success is breaking records which baekhyun did for solo album sales thats impressive too.

but i would be okay with just bts being exempt.

iirc companies complained that the new rule for a postponement was unachievable and that criteria was way too high but that's the point, only those with exceptional achievements are allowed to postpone it.

concurring the east isn't groundbreaking but concurring the west/the us, that's unheard of, especially if only one member is fluent in their language/english

• because dynamite and butter would have never happened.

they sold 1.33 million tickets for their letters online concerts and earned over 70million dollars; their previous online concerts sole 775k and 998k tickets, financially they are good

Overall they sold over 3 million onlime concert tickets, but in true value around 1.5 million offline or 30 stadium dates and that doesn't count less expenditure on production compared to regular tour and tens of millions of dollars in merchandise. And BTS have one of best contracts. So they did well from online touring

• But potentially they would earn more if they could tour?

their latest online concert was performed in a town they live in, they didn't have transportation, accommodations, stadiums, and all other expenses. two concerts earned them over 70m dollars, and according to wiki, speak yourself tour's revenue was 116 million dollars with 20 concerts.

the next tour is going to be massive, but atm financially they are doing more than well

BUTTERBOYS

just what i wrote :)

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!